Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nations Cup 2016

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since there's only 1 team advancing per group I'd say the groups of death are A & C

India/Africa & Germany/Italy seem the strongest pairs of top teams.

I would say Canada in B and Ireland in D are each overwhelming favourites in their groups.

Zima

Sep 17, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just checked out last year's open tournament and was a bit surprised to find that Germany made it to the final. Any idea who is on that squad? I wasn't aware that there were enough Germans, or descendants of Germans, in the Lower Mainland to field a team.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know a lot of the 'name' players these days but for Germany, their main threat (and a class above all from what I saw) was Nick Solsma... I know he's Dutch but they don't have a squad in the NC :)

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know a lot of the 'name' players these days but for Germany, their main threat (and a class above all from what I saw) was Nick Solsma... I know he's Dutch but they don't have a squad in the NC :)

Played him last week in Semi-Final game, guy is probably one of the best natural strikers you will ever play against. Was shooting lasers left/right foot, incredible speed and strength and just a physical player.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Said country needs to have a team first. ;)
Each is organized differently. When I played for Zze Germans, it was a call from Hoffy telling me he needed players. Other groups are a bit more organized.:rolleyes:

If you don't know anyone now, probably the best thing to do is to go talk to whoever is coaching your country's side and introduce yourself as a candidate for selection for next year.

SedinSedin

Feb 9, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Said country needs to have a team first. ;)
Each is organized differently. When I played for Zze Germans, it was a call from Hoffy telling me he needed players. Other groups are a bit more organized.:rolleyes:

If you don't know anyone now, probably the best thing to do is to go talk to whoever is coaching your country's side and introduce yourself as a candidate for selection for next year.

Awesome thanks for the advice. I'd be looking at the Ireland team :) Most definitely will check in for next year! Sounds like a fun tournie to be involved in

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotland's the place to be though SS. ;)

There's no Sweden teams. :)

You should play for your country of ethnicity of course, and I assume you have Irish blood in you?
The Irish traditionally are a mainstay at the tourney with teams in every category.

Agreed with Trece.
Come out this weekend and have a look at the calibre and see if you think you belong, and approach the coaching staff of the side applicable to you.
These things can be 'cliquey' but a lot of squads are open to trials, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0