Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nations Cup 2013

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The qualifying tournament for The Nations Cup kicks off on Friday night, May 31st. Games will take place at Hugh Boyd Park in Richmond.

The four teams trying to qualify for this years tournament are First Nations, Saudi Arabia, Japan and Turkey. Only one will advance to the July tournament.

Friday night games:
First Nations vs. Saudi Arabia 9pm
Japan vs. Turkey 9pm

The two winners on Friday will then play in the final on Sunday June 2nd at 6pm.

The tournament itself will be taking place this year on July 19, 20 and 21.

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semi-finals took place tonight.

Turkey 1 Japan 0
Turkey scored around the 18 min mark and then held onto that lead for the rest of the contest. Japan had a great chance to tie it before the half ended but shot high. Japan putting on lots of pressure at the end but couldn't break down the Turkish back line. Overall, a scrappy contest with the Japanese team not looking as strong as previous years qualifying tournaments.

First Nations 1 Saudi Arabia 1 - Saudis won on PK's.
Good contest. Saudi's had several chances in the first half but could finish. Second half saw First Nations go ahead with a nice finish after about 10 mins. Saudis kept pressing but First Nations were a well organized, hard working team and were holding them off. With about 30 seconds to go, the Saudis tied the game on a deflected 20 yard shot which hit the under side of the bar and went in.
Overtime solved nothing, so on to PK's where it went to 6 or 7 shooters before the Saudis prevailed.

Final on Sunday will be Saudi Arabia vs. Turkey at 6pm at Hugh Boyd.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone with Irish roots or interested in playing for Ireland 0/38
Please contact me via PM

Sid

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Qualifying final took place tonight.

Saudi Arabia 2 Turkey 0

Saudi's scored 90 seconds in. For the next 57 minutes, it was a pretty evenly played contest with very few good chances created. Turkey had a half chance with about 10 to go, then a great chance with 5 to go but it floated just over the bar. With everyone pushed forward for Turkey, the Saudis got a fast break with a couple of minutes to go to make it 2-0.

Congrats to Saudi Arabia on their progression to the July tournament.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sid, if I am in town, i would be interested.

Unless Burnro and the Ireland Open team want me again.

Keep in mind I have not played a game since fracturing my skull against West Van in March 2012. So all my bad habits are gone. In fact, all my habits are gone. What's my name? Fcuk.

tweenthepipesforever
1975born... youngguyagain

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knvb

Van nistleroy is looking he is a Scott too

Fannys

Knvb u would look good in green son

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MENS OPEN
GROUP AGROUP BGROUP CGROUP D
GERMANYCANADAIRANITALY
FIJIPORTUGALENGLANDCHILE
CARIBBEANINDIASCOTLANDIRELAND
SAUDI ARABIACHINAAFRICACROATIA

MENS OVER 30'S
GROUP AGROUP B
SCOTLANDINDIA
ITALYIRELAND
ENGLANDPORTUGAL
GERMANYCHINA

MENS OVER 38'S
GROUP AGROUP B
SCOTLANDGERMANY
FIJICHINA
INDIAIRELAND
CANADAROMANIA

MENS OVER 45'S
GROUP AGROUP B
IRELANDFIJI
ENGLANDSERBIA
SCOTLANDFIRST NATIONS
INDIACHINA

MENS OVER 52'S
GROUP AGROUP B
IRELANDCHINA
CHINA 2SERBIA
INDIASCOTLAND

WOMEN'S OPEN
GROUP AGROUP B
IRELANDCANADA
INDIATBA
FIRST NATIONSITALY
USAGERMANY

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
captain ? any fitter since last time we talked?

*looking to fill in two more spots for Ireland over 38 nations cup
pM me if interested

sid

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those Nations Cup fans who don't already know, the schedule has been posted for next weekend's games. Games kick off on Friday night 6:30pm with great action all weekend. The Mens Open final will be the last game at 5:45pm Sunday.

Beer garden will be at the Community Centre on the Friday night, and on the grassy knoll for Saturday and Sunday. For those who don't get their fill on Saturday, there will be a shuttle bus leaving the beer garden at 9pm going directly to Ceili's located at the Executive Plaza Hotel on Westminster Hwy. On the bus = 1 free drink at Ceili's.

Some pre-tournament Open exhibition results:
China 2 Fiji 2
India 3 Africa 0
Ireland 2 Scotland 1

Will Germany repeat as Open champs?
Can the new Saudi Arabia team make an impact?
Will Captain Shamrock's bike ever make a return to the park?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
captain ? any fitter since last time we talked?

*looking to fill in two more spots for Ireland over 38 nations cup
pM me if interested

sid

Sid, had a 'fall' in Cuba......missed two stairs at the bottom.....it was dark and I had spent a full day in Havana helping the Cuban 'economy'. At this point, my status is a definite...........no chance. :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Irish Rover, there were many beverages involved and the majority of them had rum in them as rum is kind of popular in Cuba. ;) It started at 10:00 in the morning once reaching Havana. Cuba is an absolutely brilliant place if anyone is thinking of going.

irish rover

Aug 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, I know it was silly question just wanted to make sure!! Cuba is on the long list of places the wife and I want to go in the future. Hopefully sooner than later so we can drink some of this Rum your talking about.... or really just to drink period!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts