Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nations Cup 2002 Champions

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nations Cup 2002 Champion

Germany #1 for the 2nd year in a row

7 Sapperton
4 Surrey U
1 Westside
1 Fireman
1 Peg
1 Sportstown
1 Alemania
1 UVic
a Maple Ridge guy
and a 38 year old:D

Equals

Another Championship

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
3peat over 30's

Was kind of looking forward to an England - Scotland rematch in the final but Scotland managed to score in the last 10 to set the match right vs. Canada (Meers off the heed)
Rumour is ballbaby found his boots too.:D

congrats krauts.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Germany!

One thought....

Germany - India Shootout:

Was there any doubt were Kent was going to put that PK????
Of the 1500 or so spectators/players, I heard about 1499 say he is going up the middle....granted Didar may have decided to let that one go and not injure himself trying to stop it.

Saying that, did Kent take a shot in the finals??
If so, please dont tell me he clinically slotted it into the corner.

:(

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kent did take a shot in the final, and no, he didn't pick a corner. Spotted it clinicly an inch and a hlf under the bar, straight down the middle.:D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PKs

Every German PKer slotted their shots clinically; including Kent's blasts. Mummery....well the only guy to miss.
We were really tired in the final and with 10 to go in the 2nd half we knew that we would win if we got it to PKs. I know it is a shitty way to lose and a questionable way to win, but in this case, we knew we were going to win in the PKs and the strategy worked perfectly.

WAB would have been the 7th shooter........:eek:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, if it goes in.....

....I guess it doesn't matter.

The Apprentice should follow Kent and go to the Darren Nott school of PK's.:D :D

so should I....but it never comes to us; does it WAB???

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As posted by Zaurrini:

The Apprentice should follow Kent and go to the Darren Nott school of PK's.

Z...unfortunately we didn't see any PK's in the tourney, perhaps that would have pushed us through...but school starts at 5:30 in the beer garden, sponsored by KNVB.

Congrat's to Z-Germans. One more year of bragging rights.

WAB,

A dynasty consists of no less than a 3peat...one more year to go!

Das booten!:rolleyes:

~Notty

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Germany on repeating as champions.

TheRob, what happened to the own goal you promised me against First Nations???

I thought our game against Germany was a good game and we probably deserved a tie out of it, but the Krauts did well to get out of the group stage.

Does anybody (Regs) have the final scores from all the games in the group stages.

BTW Regs did you know that the schedule you have on TTP did not match up with the official schedule at the parks. We were originally scheduled to play at 9:00 am on Saturday against first nations (according to the TTP sched) and show up only to find out that our game had been moved to 10:15.

Anyway it was a good tourney, I was bloody sore after 3 games, don't know if I could have managed another 2.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW Regs did you know that the schedule you have on TTP did not match up with the official schedule at the parks. We were originally scheduled to play at 9:00 am on Saturday against first nations (according to the TTP sched) and show up only to find out that our game had been moved to 10:15.
I heard about that but there was nothing I could do if they changed it because the tourney organisers never sent an updated schedule... it apparently worked itself out in the end though.

As for a complete results page, I've put in a request for just such a thing this morning and will get one up if it is given.

Cheers,

~Regs.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goals, Goals, Goals!

In the 60 minute game, goal average was just under 3.5 goals per game! Can you imagine if we played 90?

Germans: 1.2 GFA, 0.4 GAA

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts