Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Selects] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct - Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where have all the Selects posters gone? :confused:

SC - how's the two-time Nations Cup-winning coach doing this year? :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Selects] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct. 2006

Rolling eyes aside......:mad:

Club Ireland 3 PCOV 0

We were ****ing mince in the first half. PCOV had 10 players for most of the game (bar 20 minutes where they had 11), which was too bad for them because they worked very hard. They ddin't have a lot of chances but did a very good job in the first half, limiting us to one goal and not a lot of quality chances.

The second half was A LOT better for us as we raised our pressure and finally decided to track runners and get the ball back. We played some nice stuff in the second half but then again PCOV only had 10 players and were tiring, while we had 3/4 subs. We were in this position against Kerrisdale in division one a couple of weeks ago so I know exactly how PCOV felt.

We are slowly getting better and I think we might have a couple of combinations up front which will help us score more goals, which has been our achilles heel. :( We've only scored goals on teams with 10 players this year and have failed to score on two teams who had 11........:( Hopefully that will change in two weeks.

Hail Hail

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looking at the Selects standings...

In Selects East, no surprises as SBAA Ajax is 4-0 with only 2 goals against. I thought they were going to Premier this year? Interesting that three teams sit at 3-1, two of which have also only conceded 2 goals.

Over in Selects West, another interesting scenario has the points at 9-8-7-6-5-4-3-3. I'm not sure I've ever seen this before, with only one point separating each team (except the last two obviously).

Any surprises in Selects?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Club Ireland 'A' 2 Richmond Stingrays 2

Best game of the year so far in terms of football. Gary Poole has the Stingrays playing some quality football and our girls were attacking well too. It was a fair result on the night though it was disappointing to give up 2 goals in the last 20 minutes. Usually, we're strong that way but not on this night. Overall, a good performance by the ladies in the green and an enjoyable game to watch. We had a youth goalie up on permit and she did a great job for us. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Six of One said:
Looking at the Selects standings...

In Selects East, no surprises as SBAA Ajax is 4-0 with only 2 goals against. I thought they were going to Premier this year? Interesting that three teams sit at 3-1, two of which have also only conceded 2 goals.

Over in Selects West, another interesting scenario has the points at 9-8-7-6-5-4-3-3. I'm not sure I've ever seen this before, with only one point separating each team (except the last two obviously).

Any surprises in Selects?

3 games this weekend and 3 draws........a very competitive side and we will have a chance to move into second place if we beat Burnaby next week. It will be a very tough game I'm sure......as most 9 ****ing 15 starts are. :mad:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Club Ireland 'A' 2 Westside Renegades 1

A deserved victory for the Hoops today I thought. Westside started a lot stronger than us and were up 1 - 0 after about 10 minutes.......thanks to a corner which went directly in the net. :confused:

We then slowly took over the game......last 20 minutes in the first half...we tied it up.

The second half was our most complete half of the season. We wouldn't let the Renegades out of their end easily, as we pressured them all over the field creating turnovers. We scored the winner with about 20 minutes to go I think.......:confused:

We only had one sub today, which made things difficult but I thought our fitness was good for the the entire game, which helped us in the end. The Renegades are definitely a tough team to play against and our games with them have always been very competitive. There is a log jam at the top of the league now......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Selects] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct & Nov 2006

Club Ireland 4 Vancouver Only 1

We scored early in the game but Vancouver Only was definitely better this game. They had subs at least and had 3 youth call-ups. They scored on the last kick of the game though.....

On to the Burnaby Canadians Tigers who beat us last time....

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Attention ALL TEAMS......Aldergrove sliders is collecting socks,hat's,blankets,mitten's and scraves for the homeless.If you have anything to give it may be used as long as it is washed no problem please bring what you have to any game we will be playing against you before the end of the year.If we dont play you please contact me below and I will set up a collection day/night. Thanks so much and remember it doesnt have to be new just something you dont use any more so dont toss it pass it on. Cheers!
andreata@shaw.ca

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Alikira,

Any word on the Shooters/Club I game last night?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

One Dart said:
4-1 Club I

Right, Fannybaws......you go and explain the Shooters result in the other thread. We would like to hear your side of the things as the head coach. :D

AS for this game, the Shooters started with 10 players and us 11 with no subs thanks to an accident on the Arthur Laing. By the time our players arrived and their 3 players arrived late, it was 2 - 1 for us. We were a little bit quicker all over the field and that helped us. We notched two goals in the second half and on the run of play deserved the 3 points on the night.

Now, Coach Dart, can you go type what happened in our game? Spazz said you were playing kick and run? Say it ain't so, big man. We fire coaches for doing such a thing. :D

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

alikira said:
Now, Coach Dart, can you go type what happened in our game? Spazz said you were playing kick and run? Say it ain't so, big man. We fire coaches for doing such a thing. :D

Hey Ali,

You gotta take Spazz with a grain of salt. Any ball remotely going by her is "kick & run" with her kicking at it, missing and then running after it:D

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any predictions for the Final?

COQUITLAM CITY UNITED vs. SURDEL FC

I am gonna call a 2-1 Coquitlam win!!

striker14

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree. The Renegades lost narrowly to both -- Coquitlam in regular play and Surdel in penos. Although Sudel seemed to have a decent goaltender, Coquitlam are the more complete team.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We played Coquitlam with 11 and to be honest, the Renegades were a better team. We were up 1 - 0 and wilted in the last 8 minutes, giving up two goals.......mainly because of the fact we had 11......with some players REALLY out of shape.

Keeper,

How does Matt feel about having the league handed to him? :) Has Cormack sent him his contratulations and bouquet of flowers yet? ;)

The Renegades are definitely a strong team though but it is really a shame the way the league interfered like they did. I know I would be stunned if the roles were reversed.

Good luck in Premier 'A' next year, Renegades. :thumbup:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly, I haven't seen him since they lost in the semis. Knowing his committment to (fair) competition, I'd guess he's shaking his head just as much as you are.

As far as the Renegades went this year, I agree -- they were solid. The amazing aspect to the team, though, was the fact that Matt was debating the possibility of packing the team in during summer '06. There were many, many players missing from last season for a variety of reasons (my wife one of them) and it was a real scramble for Matt to find any players to make the roster. Remarkably -- but not surprisingly with his history of signings -- he put together quite the squad, yet again.

Well done, Matty. I'm sure you're reading along.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts