Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Schedule

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know of a certain Striker (I won't name numbers! :eek: ) that has requested a later game time for the day following the celebrating of her "old age"..... (SUCK IT UP OLD LADY!)

And I know these Friday night games will have teams attempting to reschedule too!

So my point is this year will be equally unorganized and kaotic as the last.

We should all be used to the MSWL by now.

Why can't we all just get along....? :rolleyes:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
woody said:
I have to get in on the "schedule being posted" rant.

It is my understanding that the schedule was done (but not posted, which the scheduler doesn't do, someone else takes care of it) prior to any vacation that the scheduler took, which by the way she is entitled to as doing the schedule is a volunteer position. What the problem is is that teams change their fields/game times 1-2 weeks before the season is to start and that screws everything up.

So quick to blame one person, when it's not one person's fault. Alot of beaking going on, I guess if the scheduler ever steps down from her volunteer job you'll be the first inline to apply right??

Woah Woody.... you're like the Koolaid guy that shows up every few years and then comes crashing in out nowhere.... :D

Is this the last we will hear of you? :rolleyes:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
woody said:
I have to get in on the "schedule being posted" rant.

It is my understanding that the schedule was done (but not posted, which the scheduler doesn't do, someone else takes care of it) prior to any vacation that the scheduler took, which by the way she is entitled to as doing the schedule is a volunteer position. What the problem is is that teams change their fields/game times 1-2 weeks before the season is to start and that screws everything up.

So quick to blame one person, when it's not one person's fault. Alot of beaking going on, I guess if the scheduler ever steps down from her volunteer job you'll be the first inline to apply right??
My first question after all of that is: how does the VMSL manage to get it right?

woody

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point Keeper...maybe cuz the women's teams get the worst times/fields and most of the time they need to be changed (althoguh my team has had the same field/time for the past 4 yrs). I'm not saying the MWSL is perfect but cut them some slack, that was my point. I was talking to a guy who said he was thinking of playing over 35's til he heard the game times, but for some reason 10 am good enough for the women. Men and kids get the priority over us.

I'm now going back into my cave and will post again in 2 yrs.

PS - Congrats Keeper - heard Weds night!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
I know of a certain Striker (I won't name numbers! :eek: ) that has requested a later game time for the day following the celebrating of her "old age"..... (SUCK IT UP OLD LADY!)

Hey...there ain't no harm in asking...we didn't get it...we never do...we shall play hurtin' after Melapalooza!! It's all good...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So we are supposed to be playing alternating home games on Friday nights with the two teams.......no problem, right? Shouldn't be too difficult working around that......

However, on the 24th weekend, we are both playing away games, when our home field is available on the Friday night. It is supposed to be a Selects game and we are being charged for it. We've told the league we can't play the Sunday game, as our players have all booked the Friday night off for our game. Unfortunately, if there are any Burnaby Canadians Tigers on the thread, we will not be able to play that Sunday morning at 9:15 due to conflicts with work. We have given the league plenty of notice, so we will just have to reschedule. Our Division one team is playing at the same time so we're unable to bring players up. We apologize in advance so hopefully the league realizes the mistake and moves it to the Friday home game, which it should be. There aren't many teams playing on a Friday night in Selects.........so there shouldn't be a conflict......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So it appears Mr. Cormack has been busy with other teams.....

He basically told me that if we couldn't provide a field between 10am
and 4pm on Sundays we may be kicked out of the league. And yet they
complain that there are not enough fields for everyone to play on...

FYI... our Div 1B team only has one outright conflict with Friday
nights. Kerrisdale said outright that they cannot make a Friday night
game and the North Shore Strikers are reluctant due to the long commute
on a Friday, yet they are fully willing to have everyone attend their
home park at 8pm on a Sunday night which, in my opinion, is worse.

So, Kerrisdale and the North Shore apparently dictate the whole league now. Funny how Mr. Cormack never asked our team if we were okay with Sunday night games at 8:00. He asked us about Semi and I'm sure he asked everyone about us but somehow he failed to ask us about the Strikers. I've e-mailed him just to find out why some teams appear to get preferential treatment.

It looks like we'll be giving the points to Burnaby next weekend as their coaches said they would rather player 9 players.

Once again, this league has FCUKED up AGAIN...........

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:

FYI... our Div 1B team only has one outright conflict with Friday
nights. Kerrisdale said outright that they cannot make a Friday night
game and the North Shore Strikers are reluctant due to the long commute
on a Friday, yet they are fully willing to have everyone attend their
home park at 8pm on a Sunday night which, in my opinion, is worse.
Won't get in the middle of this but FYI - we said we prefer not to play but if we have to, then 4-6 weeks notice would be ideal. The reference was also a direct answer to the Semiahmoo question you were also asked. At the time, if we had a game scheduled in September against Semiahmoo, we probably could not play but players have now been warned to be available. Hope that helps.:) Good luck.

PM me if you want clarification

CHAB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Won't get in the middle of this but FYI - we said we prefer not to play but if we have to, then 4-6 weeks notice would be ideal. The reference was also a direct answer to the Semiahmoo question you were also asked. At the time, if we had a game scheduled in September against Semiahmoo, we probably could not play but players have now been warned to be available. Hope that helps.:) Good luck.

PM me if you want clarification

CHAB

So it appears he has been telling porkies then.......

Don't need clarification, CHAB........they have made our schedule and instead of having us alternate home(Friday)/Away(Sundays) with our teams, out of our last 13 games, 6 of them surprisingly conflict with each other. Only if there was another league.........

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
So we are supposed to be playing alternating home games on Friday nights with the two teams....

Alikira, you really could have helped your cause by emailing the teams in Div.1 and Selects back in August and giving them the heads up that you would be applying for Friday night games. The women's league has historically had Sunday games only and there is a reluctance to change, as you have experienced with the League and these other teams. In the end, people are usually pretty reasonable and as long as you give notice, they can try and adjust their schedules to make a game that is not on a Sunday. Surely you learned this last season when your home games were on Saturdays.

You know the League is not going to advise the other teams to prepare for Fridays; we barely got the first week's schedule in advance. So take it upon yourself next time, it may have helped eliminate the situation you now find yourself in.

Incidentally, Friday night games are MUCH better than Saturdays.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Six of One,

We played Saturday home games for 3 years before this year. It wasn't anything new last year. In fact, it was NO problem whatsoever. I know for a fact only one board member voted for Friday nights. What the **** does it have to do with them? It's the teams that play, not them.

Also, Six, you don't know our situation with RGSA this year. That had a lot to do with times and getting fields. You also don't know what we went through last year in terms of fields.....I've done plenty to try and make this work. The only mistake I made was expecting things to go normally for a change in this league.

Interesting how none of us received anything from the North Shore Strikers who snivelled about playing Friday night games.........My mistake......Sunday night at 8:00 is the a great time to have a game and be allowed.

Signed

North Shore Strikers

~SCORE MORE~

Jul 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just for clarifications sake there are two teams in Division 1 from North Van called the Strikers. One is affliated with the NSGSC. I believe it is that club that is being referred to.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When we were approached about the Friday night games we said we could BUT we needed 3 weeks notice as 95% of the team has MULTIPLE ankle-biters and would need a few weeks to organize a sitter. :eek:

We were just given 1 week's notice and now have to forfiet which really isn't fair. We don't have enough to field a team because we're all used to playing soccer on Sunday's!

I'm not impressed about having to forfiet but maybe if the schedule (Woods, don't get getting those frilly nickers in a knot cause I'm not blaming the scheduler) was out in advance we could plan for a Friday night game.

....somuchforourfcukin3weeksnotice.... :rolleyes:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't ask me... I'm the other 5%....

It's hard though when the husbands play too cause Fridays are their usual game night's so if they're playing then who watches the kidlets?

All I know is a week is not even notice and we're out 5-0 :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz,

Phone their coach and see if you can reschedule for another Friday night. I'm pretty sure Semi can get that field on MOST Fridays. It's worth a try. I'm sure they would rather play a game than take a forfeit, although the Burnaby Canadians Tigers would rather play against 9 players this weekend. :rolleyes: Perhaps we'll have to send more than 11 players there............:D

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Ali,

Regarding November 10, just want to confirm we play you at Minoru at 8 pm? Just checking cuz you guys usually play at Richmond High at 7 pm and i"d hate to go to the wrong place and time, do that enough already.:D

Cheers,

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CHAB, let me check the schedule. :D

It definitely says 7:00 at Richmond High. :)

Our Selects team is playing Burnaby at Minoru that evening at 8:00, so that means we will be sending 3 players from our game against you to the Selects game, just after half-time. Nice set-up. :rolleyes:

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmm, maybe I'll put 10 players in the box till your gals leave for the other park:D leaving you short - oh wait, that's what they do in Saskatchewan. Thanks I'm sure it'll get sorted out by then:rolleyes:.

Just checked and they may have it reversed cuz they have your Selects team playing at 7pm at Richmond High and your Div. 1 team playing at 8 pm.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm looking at the schedules she sent to us last week but that means shite I guess. Well, I'll check as it gets a little closer. A lot of football between now and then. :D including our game this Sunday, which of course is at the same time as the Selects games. Did you have a hand in these conflicts, CHAB? :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts