Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Schedule

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully they are working their way through the Divisions and the rest should be up by this afternoon.

Wait a minute - What am I thinking? There's still 3 more days before the weekend.

~SCORE MORE~

Jul 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
Not to mention that we can't always count on a Sunday game anymore, so we have to try and keep 3 days clear? Gimme a break - The schedulers need to get their asses in gear - Pronto!

I agree one hundred percent... you need to tell people much further in advance so that they can plan accordingly. As for the "schedulers", there is only one. She does all of the schedules for the entire league. I know her personally and she is a very nice person. I know that the schedule has been done for awhile now. What I don't know is why it couldn't be released earlier... maybe there is a logical explanation?!?!? :rolleyes:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
~SCORE MORE~ said:
I agree one hundred percent... you need to tell people much further in advance so that they can plan accordingly. As for the "schedulers", there is only one. She does all of the schedules for the entire league. I know her personally and she is a very nice person.

Absolutely...no fault of hers I am sure...she always does a great job. I am sure there is an explanation for it as well...maybe not logical, but there's gotta be something.

Rather than having this mumbo jumbo on there...

Many teams are inquiring as to when they will be able to start having their players register. We are hoping that our online registration company will have our web page available shortly. Please bear with us while they are getting the page set up and we can start the player registration process.

....let's get the REAL reason they are so backed up...obviously the company they are using ain't working...I am just confused on why they haven't dealt with this sooner...and moved on to someone, something else?!!

Other than that...I'm excited for some footy!! :wa:
Now if we just knew when we play..................

striker14

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
~SCORE MORE~ said:
As for the "schedulers", there is only one. She does all of the schedules for the entire league. I know her personally and she is a very nice person. I know that the schedule has been done for awhile now. What I don't know is why it couldn't be released earlier... maybe there is a logical explanation?!?!? :rolleyes:

My understanding of the "logical explanation" is that she goes on holidays for the latter part of August. She does the schedule before departing but it is not posted; somehow some teams get wind of their opening games while most do not.

This is totally inexcusable. This person (the scheduler) sits on the Board of Directors of BC Soccer in addition to being scheduler of the MWSL. To make a schedule, leave town before it is released (seemingly to avoid teams complaining about it), then arrive back in town to release it when it is too late to change it... is ridiculous ,frustrating, fill-in-your-own-word. If you have holidays booked for the month of August through Labour Day, then you have no business being the scheduler for a soccer league that begins play the 2nd weekend of September. Yes, she is a nice person, and she spends lots of time on the schedule and she is a volunteer. But simply put, her efforts need to be redirected into something that is much less time-sensitive. And the task of scheduling should be given to someone who understands the need to post a schedule at least 2 weeks before the start of the season and then be available for changes requested by teams. The current situation is completely unacceptable.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Six of One said:
My understanding of the "logical explanation" is that she goes on holidays for the latter part of August. She does the schedule before departing but it is not posted; somehow some teams get wind of their opening games while most do not.

This is totally inexcusable. This person (the scheduler) sits on the Board of Directors of BC Soccer in addition to being scheduler of the MWSL. To make a schedule, leave town before it is released (seemingly to avoid teams complaining about it), then arrive back in town to release it when it is too late to change it... is ridiculous ,frustrating, fill-in-your-own-word. If you have holidays booked for the month of August through Labour Day, then you have no business being the scheduler for a soccer league that begins play the 2nd weekend of September. Yes, she is a nice person, and she spends lots of time on the schedule and she is a volunteer. But simply put, her efforts need to be redirected into something that is much less time-sensitive. And the task of scheduling should be given to someone who understands the need to post a schedule at least 2 weeks before the start of the season and then be available for changes requested by teams. The current situation is completely unacceptable.

wow...we've hit a nerve ;)

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
wow...we've hit a nerve ;)

Sorry to offend you, striker14. Next time I'll try and fall in line with your usual "this sucks, man" and "what the fcuk" comments that permeate your posts. For example:

striker14 said:
Does anyone else find it absulutely FCUKED that we don't have a schedule yet??? I mean, come on...how much money do we pump into this freakin' league and we don't have any clue where or when we play in 6 days?

But seriously...is this shite or what?

only to be followed up by:

striker14 said:
Absolutely...no fault of hers I am sure...she always does a great job. I am sure there is an explanation for it as well...maybe not logical, but there's gotta be something.

where you essentially contradict yourself. To clarify, you bemoan the fact that there is no schedule and then absolve the scheduler of any responsibility. What does that accomplish?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Six of One said:
Sorry to offend you, striker14. Next time I'll try and fall in line with your usual "this sucks, man" and "what the fcuk" comments that permeate your posts. For example:

only to be followed up by:

where you essentially contradict yourself. To clarify, you bemoan the fact that there is no schedule and then absolve the scheduler of any responsibility. What does that accomplish?

WHOA!!! I didn't mean to offend you with my "wow...hit a nerve"...I was saying it more like YEAH, GOOD WORK...

hmmm...why does everyone turn on me? :p I guess my gooder english and piss taking ain't the bestest,eh?

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
just to jump on this thread a bit,, even though i'm div 4 but i have had my teams full,, yes full schedule out since last weekend, pre long weekend i might add

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Six of One said:

Wow...I thought we were all getting along too :p

I don't absolve the scheduler of any responsibility....I just said, she does a good job, and I mean that only by the fact that she is usually fairly good at getting info to me on time for my games, cancellations, rescheduling, etc... I was unaware of her vacation schedule and the fact that it is solely her fault that the schedule is not up...(which now, while we are jousting, is up)

So..can we be friends? I'm a lover, not a fighter..........

striker14

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Normally I'm all for a good fight...but just to calm everyone's nerves...the schedule is actually up!!! It's a freakin miracle!!

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
I don't absolve the scheduler of any responsibility....I just said, she does a good job, and I mean that only by the fact that she is usually fairly good at getting info to me on time for my games, cancellations, rescheduling, etc... I was unaware of her vacation schedule and the fact that it is solely her fault that the schedule is not up...(which now, while we are jousting, is up)

Yeah, I'll settle down here too. The fact is that my frustration is with the League, not other posters here. I don't know if it is totally her fault and, like I and others have said, she is a nice woman who works hard for women's soccer.

Nevertheless, it is frustrating that the schedule has not gone up prior to today, and if this was due to the fact she was on vacation (from what I've heard), then she does need to bear some of the responsibility and the League needs to look into whether someone else should be in charge of this task. But I'm sure she reports to someone and collectively, the MWSL needs to get that schedule in the hands of teams much sooner.

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even though the fighting is dying down, I do feel the need to point out that only one game is posted! Will we have to wait another week to find out when/where our next game is? Somebody obviously dropped the ball on the entire scheduling/posting of the schedule issue - Let's just hope the rest goes up soon and they come up with a different system for next year!

And now...on to the trash talking and tip-trading for the first round of games...

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sweet, I can't complain about an 11:30am kickoff....

Better than last year too where we were LUMPED by Delta United as our first game :rolleyes:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Six of One said:
QUOTE]

That's all her vocabulary Sixy! It's either fcuk, fcukin or fcuked...

But we can't blame the scheduler... it's the whole unorganized MWSL office!

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey...In case anybody else has been desperately awaiting the posting of the schedule, the second game match-ups have been posted on the MWS Website...

Is it really sad that I check that website almost every hour to see if anything new is up??? Hmmm...Probably.

woody

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to get in on the "schedule being posted" rant.

It is my understanding that the schedule was done (but not posted, which the scheduler doesn't do, someone else takes care of it) prior to any vacation that the scheduler took, which by the way she is entitled to as doing the schedule is a volunteer position. What the problem is is that teams change their fields/game times 1-2 weeks before the season is to start and that screws everything up.

So quick to blame one person, when it's not one person's fault. Alot of beaking going on, I guess if the scheduler ever steps down from her volunteer job you'll be the first inline to apply right??

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"What the problem is is that teams change their fields/game times 1-2 weeks before the season"

In almost ALL occasions the municipality changes the fields, not the teams.........for your information. Or they just misinterpret information......

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts