Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Division 1] Pre-Season Rumours and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm...It's very quiet on the Div. 1 scene. Any rumours or rumblings to be heard along the grapevine? I don't know much about any of the other groups, but I know Kerrisdale's grouping (1B I think) is pretty much the same with the exception of Richmond Stingrays up to Selects, and the Richmond Rumble and Semihamo (pretty sure that's not spelled correctly!) Spirit joining us. Should be some classic matchups this season.

I think Kerrisdale will be right in the mix again. We had some players leave us this year due to travel/job committment, but we've picked up a few really promising signings. I can't wait for the season to begin!

Anyone else out there with anything to report?
:wa: :knvb:
Mrs. munchkin

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
Hmmm...It's very quiet on the Div. 1 scene. Any rumours or rumblings to be heard along the grapevine? I don't know much about any of the other groups, but I know Kerrisdale's grouping (1B I think) is pretty much the same with the exception of Richmond Stingrays up to Selects, and the Richmond Rumble and Semihamo (pretty sure that's not spelled correctly!) Spirit joining us. Should be some classic matchups this season.

I think Kerrisdale will be right in the mix again. We had some players leave us this year due to travel/job committment, but we've picked up a few really promising signings. I can't wait for the season to begin!

Anyone else out there with anything to report?
:wa: :knvb:
Mrs. munchkin

We're still looking for a field to play our home games on.....The site is not correct as that field has not been allocated to us. :) Great stuff.......We're trying to play on Friday nights on opposite weeks with our Selects team........more to come on that....

We have lost several players but have gained the same amount so we should be quite similar to last year but we'll be a little more athletic. Now, I have to go try and find a field to play on. :D

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're struggling for a full roster this year.... where are all the Div1 players out there? The MWSL Bulletin Board is full of people looking for Div3 or 4 :eek:

My team had declined over 30's but requested Div2 but with no luck.... which is fine by me. We need to pick up some youth players for speed & endurance... if not I think they're heading to over 30's next year and I'm not ready to go! :(

Looks like the same pool... same players.... same boring thread (beware new posters that you can get kicked off a team for posting!).... same old shite really.

~SCORE MORE~

Jul 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
We're struggling for a full roster this year.... where are all the Div1 players out there?
Not sure where all of the Div 1 players are... I want to know where all of the Vancouver based Div 1 teams went. There are only 3 right? Kerrisdale, Vixens A, and Shamrock Rovers B. Hard to find a Vancouver team if you live in Vancouver... I'm heading across the bridge to join up with a North Shore side :)

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond's just as far as the North Shore and we don't play stupid kickoff times such as 9:30 so come play for us! :D

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the league is trying to arrange Friday night games.... interesting concept but I think I'd rather watch my Husband's team play and drink all their beer! :D

And a CONGRATS is in order to Munchkin... heard you two finally tied the knot?!?!

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
So the league is trying to arrange Friday night games.... interesting concept but I think I'd rather watch my Husband's team play and drink all their beer! :D

And a CONGRATS is in order to Munchkin... heard you two finally tied the knot?!?!

Thanks Spazz. We finally did tie the knot in July :wa: . When did you and Balsa (I hope that is his TTP name!) tie the knot? was it earlier this summer or last summer?

I'm not a fan of Friday night games either. I suppose it does get the game out of the way and then you have the rest of the weekend free, but we've got a few players that work in restaurants, and Friday nights is a good night for tips, so they won't be able to play! I'm not looking forward to trying to play that game with 10 or 11 bodies (if we're lucky!).

I don't know where all the rest of the div. 1 players are either, but it's good to see that there's someone out there that's chatty!! Welcome score more! Good luck on the North Shore, but in case you wanted to stay closer to home, my team (Kerrisdale) is looking for a few bodies. PM me if you want .

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can you girls tone it down? All this talking of "tieing the knot" makes a guy with kids extremely uneasy :eek:

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
.......We're trying to play on Friday nights on opposite weeks with our Selects team........more to come on that....
What........well I guess Kerrisdale loses 2 games. One to Club Ireland and one to Semiahmoo if we have to play friday nights. That royally sucks. Can't play without a goalie now can we.......... Yeah I'm a pesimist. I appreciate trying to get fields but traditionally the league has said Saturday and sundays for games but to throw Fridays in the mix this close to the start of the season really puts us behind the 8 ball. Premier games are fine to play Friday nights. Maybe I'll try to get a field every other Thursday and say we are playing our home games on Thursday nights:mad:. Sorry Ali, don't mean to take it out on you.:)

CHAB

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
~SCORE MORE~ said:
Not sure where all of the Div 1 players are... I want to know where all of the Vancouver based Div 1 teams went. There are only 3 right? Kerrisdale, Vixens A, and Shamrock Rovers B. Hard to find a Vancouver team if you live in Vancouver... I'm heading across the bridge to join up with a North Shore side :)
We are here, SCORE MORE. All you gotta do is email us and we'll reply. Can you PLAY FRIDAY NIGHTS? If so, I may have a spot for you and can you play in goal? I don't advertise for players. New ones are always welcome. Give us a call or email if you are interested and Munchkin can screen you.:D But you have to like Spazz:rolleyes: or it's a no go with us, even if Spazz is on a different team.

CHAB

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
I don't know much about any of the other groups, but I know Kerrisdale's grouping (1B I think) is pretty much the same with the exception of Richmond Stingrays up to Selects.....

Stingrays lost their goalie in Selects. Funny how they just posted for one recently. I knew she was leaving way back in April.

CHAB

~SCORE MORE~

Jul 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
We are here, SCORE MORE. All you gotta do is email us and we'll reply.
I did e-mail on somebody from Kerrisdale and it kinda sounded like the team was pretty much set... at least in terms of the position I play. That's okay.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
~SCORE MORE~ said:
I did e-mail on somebody from Kerrisdale and it kinda sounded like the team was pretty much set... at least in terms of the position I play. That's okay.
If you mean a soft-spoken, sedentary manager, then yes, I believe that position has been well filled. :D

Put Amber in net for Friday nights. Didn't you see her stonewall the opposition a few weeks ago? :)

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the difference whether it is premier, selects, div 1 or the u6 girls team that plays friday nights? Why would it be ok for premier but not div 1?

(I guess the u6 girls might have to go to bed early though.)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
What........well I guess Kerrisdale loses 2 games. One to Club Ireland and one to Semiahmoo if we have to play friday nights. That royally sucks. Can't play without a goalie now can we.......... Yeah I'm a pesimist. I appreciate trying to get fields but traditionally the league has said Saturday and sundays for games but to throw Fridays in the mix this close to the start of the season really puts us behind the 8 ball. Premier games are fine to play Friday nights. Maybe I'll try to get a field every other Thursday and say we are playing our home games on Thursday nights:mad:. Sorry Ali, don't mean to take it out on you.:)

CHAB

Why are premier games okay and other divisions not? What is the reasoning behind that?

We are doing it because we actually get fields that are okay. Since we have two teams, it allows the opportunity for players to come up and play with the Selects team. It allows youth players to come up and play whenever it is okay with their coaches. This is why we had Saturday games the last few years BUT we ended up playing on fields which could have ended players' careers, and there are enough in our league who are already close to that anyway. It was farcical.

Honestly, for me personally, Friday nights are shite but in terms of our teams and what we're trying to accomplish, the Friday night option is better than the rest......

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beat ya to it. Friday's don't work for you because you are off the sauce until christmas, for the rest of us boozers, it's all good.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frustrated again from the Bulletin Board on the MWSL website... no Div1 players looking for teams....

and to further my annoyance I can't but help wonder what some people are looking for when they say they're looking for a Div 2, 3 or 4 team...? :confused: There's a drastic difference between 2 and 4 :rolleyes:

Maybe it's time to get knocked up instead of playing 90 minutes every week.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0