Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Div 3 Results & Crap 2003/2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 'B' 3 New West 0

It was 3 - 0 at half-time and we certainly didn't over-exert ourselves in the second half. Here are the standings now in Div. 3.....

TEAM GP W L T F A +/- PTS
Club Ireland B 8 7 0 1 27 4 23 22
North Shore Storm 8 5 1 2 12 4 8 17
Bombastic A 7 5 2 0 16 9 7 15
North Shore Thunder 7 4 2 1 17 14 3 13
Tsawwassen Titans 7 2 4 1 11 15 -4 7
Burnaby Breakers 7 0 4 3 7 19 -12 3
Hyack Royals 8 0 5 3 8 20 -12 3
Kits Saints 8 0 5 3 7 20 -13 3

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 'B' 5 Burnaby 0

It was frickin' cold. Glasgow Ghirl showed up, with no boots and no one else had an extra pair. Did I say it was frickin' cold? 1 - 0 at the half and the other team had generated no chances. The second half was a lot better for the Hoops, as we picked up the intensity a bit and scored a few goals......

Captain

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No boots

It was damn cold and very wet not to mention a fumed up Captain Shamrock in the back seat and a long drive ahead!!! and with no boots it made for a miserable morning.
Never again will I stay home under coaches orders to ensure a hangover free game ...

Glasgow Ghirl who'smemoryworksbetterwithahangover

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elf feet

Stepchild,

Do you REALLY think I stayed home ? Mister 5:45am ....nuff said.
No boots .. someone hung them from the rearview mirror, and I couldn't find them!!!!

Glasgow GhirlWhosefeetneverseethesun! :cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom,

I don't know who scored the own goals. Jo Mireau and Samara Beatty scored but I'm not sure who scored the other. Glasgow Ghirl, can you help me out?

Captain

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Own Goals

The two own goals were created from our corners by Gemma Fielder and the other three goals were Jo Mireau, Samara Beatty and Stacy Anderson, also created from a corner by Gemma.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 'B' 2 North Shore Storm 0

We clinched promotion today at a decent Norseman Park. The girls played fantastic and fully deserved the win. Carly Painter scored the second on a great through ball by Glasgow Ghirl. However, I don't know who scored the first goal as it was a scramble. Perhaps it was Carly? GG. As mentioned, we won promotion with that win today because that was the only team who could have caught us mathematically. They were a decent side defensively but lacked anything up front. Having said that, our backline was SUPERLATIVE today. Now we just have to hope for a Shamrock draw for a perfect season.....

Captain

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup play, already?

Cappy, enjoy the Superbowl

Feb 1, 2004

2:00pm H: Club Ireland B
V: Golden Ears Jags

Terra Nova Park

Oh yeah, good luck! :)

SC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 3 Golden Ears 0

The girls started slowly but played better as the game went on. We were up by 3 - 0 at the half on a very mucky Terra Nova.

Abbotsford has to travel here next week too. :)

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I 3-1 in PK's ....
Well the Hoops pulled of another win on the weekend, althought getting sh*t kicked on the field against a very dirty cheap Abbotsford side, we maintained the win in PK's. Terra Nova in Richmond is a mud bath, made for some interesting tackles!!!
Game finished at 2 each, Club I hitting the post a few times ...
Dirty Dan in net saved 1, they shanked one and got one ... Gemma, GG and CP hit their marks. Regular time goals by Jo and Gemma.

On to West Richmond Strokes ....

Glasgow Ghirl

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GG,

you know you guys only tied your game. Just the one point. They use the PK's at the end in case the two teams are tied at the end of the round robin in points and goals etc....

You will still need a strong win over West Richmond to go through.

But wait we don't really know who goes through in the Cup, is it only the top team or all four. The league still has not made up its mind about this yet as is evident on their website...

The top 2 teams in each group move to the Championship group in all Divisions other than Divisions 2 and 3. Those groups will be given rules for them separately.

Well, there is no mention as to what these rules are and we are already TWO games into cup. Again another example of how the MWSL puts teams into a competitive structure but treats them all as only wanting to play recreationally. (Oh they're only div. 2 and 3 they don't care what we do with the rules!). Thats the impression I get anyway!

Oh, and just so everyone knows, I'm STILL waiting for a financial statement of the leagues affairs that I asked for back in November (and have continually asked for since then) But don't worry the league says they are not hiding anything.

BDlovingtokeepeveryoneintheknow!

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bravedart,

You are correct, we would only receive the one point for yesterdays debacle!!! Heres hoping we clean house next weekend then!
In our foursome, I would say Abbotsford will beat Golden Ears ... and in saying that, we must win next week in order to place first in our group. West Rich. hasn't won one yet.
Just from previous years ... it is usually the first two teams that go through but they do have the 3rd and 4th place teams in group play out too.???? Who knows with this friggen league though.

I would be very intereted in how far you get with the board of this league ... Good on ya for the challenge too. I have had mnay up hill battle with this group, and never seem to get the same answer twice.

May I ask what team you are with, and how are you doing in your Cup play???

GG

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I run the Semiahmoo program and coach their 1st team (div 2).

We are doing well in cup so far and should have 3 of our 4 teams go through. This weekend our div. 3 team tied and sit at 4 points. Div. 4's have 6 points, My div. 2 team played out other div. 2 team and won 2-1 (good grudge match) We sit with 6 points (tied with the team we play next week) and our other team sits with 0 points (unfortunate as they played well in both their matches).

I also play for the Club I mens side :)

I am always trying to stick it to the MWSL...it pisses me right off that WE let them get away with arbitrarily changing rules and just go with what we are told. Believe me, as soon as I get the Financial statements I will get them out to everyone (as we are entitled too).

You'd like it..the prez of the league called me up and started shouting and yelling at me for some of the truths that I have posted on here saying that I am insinuating that there is some funny business going on with the leagues finances....funny when all he has to do to prove me wrong is produce an audited financial statement. How hard can that be?

Good luck in your game next week.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously? Some of the MWSL officials read this?

I LOVE IT!

There's so much truth to all that we write in here about how unorganized and unfair they can be..... like:

-rescheduling games last minute for certain teams but not for others
-changign the rules of cup play half way through (like last year)
-not being able to provide financial statements

..... too bad they can't take it as constructive criticism and improve! ha haha

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 2- 0 West Rich. Strokes

First half was absolutely shocking. The conditions at Palmer were horrible. Complete mud bath. Second half was much better soccer for us on Club I , manages to pop two goals in with about 20mins to go. Goals by CP and Gemma.

Gonna have to take the uniforms ALL THE WAY TO TIDE COUNTRY.

GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0