Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Div. 3] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selbbep

Oct 2, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Div. 3] PREDICTIONS,RESULTS & BANTER ETC...

sliders18 said:
Aldergrove Sliders have found themselves relegated to Div 3 this season and we are fidning it has plenty of competetion and thats good.But we look forwards to mvoing back up to Div.2 for next season so look out Div 2 we will be BACK!!!!

Where did you place last year? I don't remember you guys?

Becks

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
UPFRONT said:
Home game next week against the thunderbolts - no chance of cancellation - turf is never closed. Salsa will be back in true form guarenteed!:bronco:

We'll be defrosted by then so we should be back on our game! We are hoping to finally put an end to that undefeated streak you guys have going! I think we've played at that field before...is it the one by the ice rink?

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove Sliders 8 Surrey Outlaws 0 Nov.5/06
WOW what a win team and we had great weather ....no rain,no wind and some sun.We are now ready for the Chillies next weekend to beat them again!
Hopefully the rain will be done by then and our game isnt cancelled.
I have to say the Outlaws were a really nice team to play and they didnt give up at any time of the game good to see keep it up outlaws been in your situation once upon a time.
Soccastar good to have you back in great form keep up the great work.Excellent team work by all even missing 4 key players! awsome game!

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Div. 3] PREDICTIONS,RESULTS & BANTER ETC...

Selbbep said:
Where did you place last year? I don't remember you guys?

we placed last in our group but not last overall but because we didnt have enough goals for they relegated us down to div 3 even though other teams had less points than us because they were in a different pool it didnt matter.You know how it goes MWSL rules they change from season to season but its all good. We now have a different team and will have a stronger foot when we get back to Div 2 next season.We are using this as a time to build.

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
:knvb: Ok today we the Aldergrove Sliders tied the Chillies 2-2
We are still undefeated so thats good.
The ref was blowing on everything .....I think he didnt like the wind and rain much but at least he was fair to both sides.
Till next week........

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nov.19th Aldergrove Sliders 1 Semi strikers 0.
The rain stopped for the first half but made up for it during the second half OMG can it rain and blow any harder? If you kicked the ball too high it almost came back to you like a boomerang.
And only one yellow card YEAH!!
Go Sliders!

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weekend we(Aldergrove Sliders) face our other Club team (Aldergrove Green devils)in the same division(for now) I would like to predict we win by 2 goal's.
Let the game begin!

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
About the rain........why let it stop the chatting?I personally love playing in the rain it is such a big part of our soccer out here so quit the bi+ching about it and go out and play some soccer!The rain is not going away....try going to the pool swim for an hour then go to your game it is awsome you will be warmed up and ready for action.

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Attention ALL TEAMS......Aldergrove sliders is collecting socks,hat's,blankets,mitten's and scraves for the homeless.If you have anything to give it may be used as long as it is washed no problem please bring what you have to any game we will be playing against you before the end of the year.If we dont play you please contact me below and I will set up a collection day/night. Thanks so much and remember it doesnt have to be new just something you dont use any more so dont toss it pass it on. Cheers!
andreata@shaw.ca

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok so where the heck is everyone??? Did we forget about soccer or is it just div 3?
hmmmmmmmm Quelle domage!

sweeper16

Sep 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We haven't played a game since about the beginning of November, it sucks, fields closed and one team defaulted..which is too bad, they were a pleasent team to play, even when they were down like 4-0 they didnt even get catty or pushy or anything. I like teams like that. hopefully we will actually play this weekend!!!

GE Thunderbolts VS. Burnaby Supafly..this will be interesting..hopefully we won't have that card happy ref this time around!

smithers

Nov 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
quick question: what is with the "new" rule about keepers not being able to bounce the ball when it is in their possesion. I found it weird, and I also found it weird that the rule was put in a few years ago (atleast I think that is what the ref said) but they are just now enforcing it.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
smithers said:
quick question: what is with the "new" rule about keepers not being able to bounce the ball when it is in their possesion. I found it weird, and I also found it weird that the rule was put in a few years ago (atleast I think that is what the ref said) but they are just now enforcing it.

I play keeps...not sure when that came in, but it's not a habit of mine to bounce it, but I know it's a common thing for keepers.

interesting...

smithers

Nov 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah I'm a keeper and the the last game the ref was adament about it and said aboslutely no bouncing the ball. Oh well just something to get used to now I guess. Just a weird rule that doesn't really make any sense!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smithers:

This quote is from the FIFA website:

An indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a goalkeeper, inside his own penalty area, commits any of the following four offences:
  • takes more than six seconds while controlling the ball with his hands before releasing it from his possession
  • touches the ball again with his hands after it has been released from his possession and has not touched any other player
  • touches the ball with his hands after it has been deliberately kicked to him by a team-mate
  • touches the ball with his hands after he has received it directly from a throw-in taken by a team-mate.

I guess the one about "touching it with your hands after it has been released from your possession and has not touched any other player" is the issue. Granted, most refs might let this go because if you're bouncing a ball, it's still in your possession; or is it? As a keeper as well, I've been told variably by different refs that:

1) you can't bounce the ball at all;
2) you're allowed to bounce the ball once and then you have to get rid of it;
3) you can bounce the ball but can't move your feet while bouncing it;
4) you can do whatever you want with the ball as long as you get rid of it before your 6 seconds are up.

Take your pick; personally I would seek the opinion of a ref you respect (not that your team gets to see many of those, unfortunately) or check on here with Alikira or a wanker like Walks to see what they would call...

Trece

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer is back and on the field we go with our first game back for a win 3-0 and our second game today with a 4-0 win.Great work team GO SLIDERZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

Soccer_fan

Dec 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: missleading information about bouncing the ball

I am sorry Trece Verde, but you are providing incomplete information. FIFA unequivocally states that if the keeper bounces the ball, then he/she still is in possesion of the ball.

I know this for a fact but I provide some quotes from "Asktheref.com" in case you have doubts:
------------
Answer provided by Referee Chuck Fleischer

The referee is incorrect in his application of the Law. Bouncing the ball has been considered something a keeper may do whilst he possesses the ball. In support of that statement I offer FIFA's Q&A 2006, Law 12 question number:

16. A goalkeeper holding the ball bounces it before he kicks it upfield. Is it an offence to bounce the ball?

No. In the spirit of the Law he would not be regarded as having
released the ball from his possession.

Please get this information, together with the referee's name to the leagues assignor.

Regards,

Read other questions answered by Referee Chuck Fleischer

View Referee Chuck Fleischer profile
Answer provided by Referee Keith Contarino

you were the victim of a referee that doesn't know the Law and must never watch soccer as you see keepers doing this all the time at all levels of play. The keeper is in control while bouncing the ball but still has only six seconds to relinquish control

Read other questions answered by Referee Keith Contarino

View Referee Keith Contarino profile
Answer provided by Referee Ben Mueller

Bad call! Bouncing the ball on the ground is n0t considered releasing it from possession and nor is throwing it up and catching it.

Read other questions answered by Referee Ben Mueller

View Referee Ben Mueller profile
Answer provided by Referee Richard Dawson

Hi Tony,
I am surprised that a referee would say such a thing? Bouncing a ball is fine within the six seconds. ONLY if a keeper tries to release the ball by throwing it up and punting it and MISSED would the reaquisition possibly qualify as a second touch. Cheers

Soccer_fan

Dec 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do not want to start a controversy, but you should be aware that several young and qualified referees have been essentially rejected or ignored by the league. If you want better officials, you should pressure the league, so positions are awarded on merit and not on friendship.

If officials in the legue would have the will, you could have better referees.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: missleading information about bouncing the ball

Soccer_fan said:
I am sorry Trece Verde, but you are providing incomplete information. FIFA unequivocally states that if the keeper bounces the ball, then he/she still is in possesion of the ball.

I know this for a fact but I provide some quotes from "Asktheref.com" in case you have doubts:
------------
Answer provided by Referee Chuck Fleischer

The referee is incorrect in his application of the Law. Bouncing the ball has been considered something a keeper may do whilst he possesses the ball. In support of that statement I offer FIFA's Q&A 2006, Law 12 question number:

16. A goalkeeper holding the ball bounces it before he kicks it upfield. Is it an offence to bounce the ball?

No. In the spirit of the Law he would not be regarded as having
released the ball from his possession.

Please get this information, together with the referee's name to the leagues assignor.

Regards,

Read other questions answered by Referee Chuck Fleischer

View Referee Chuck Fleischer profile
Answer provided by Referee Keith Contarino

you were the victim of a referee that doesn't know the Law and must never watch soccer as you see keepers doing this all the time at all levels of play. The keeper is in control while bouncing the ball but still has only six seconds to relinquish control

Read other questions answered by Referee Keith Contarino

View Referee Keith Contarino profile
Answer provided by Referee Ben Mueller

Bad call! Bouncing the ball on the ground is n0t considered releasing it from possession and nor is throwing it up and catching it.

Read other questions answered by Referee Ben Mueller

View Referee Ben Mueller profile
Answer provided by Referee Richard Dawson

Hi Tony,
I am surprised that a referee would say such a thing? Bouncing a ball is fine within the six seconds. ONLY if a keeper tries to release the ball by throwing it up and punting it and MISSED would the reaquisition possibly qualify as a second touch. Cheers

Probably just being stupid here on this situation with the ref here (Superbowl weekend and we clinched promotion) but our goalie bounces the ball more than any goalie I've ever played with or seen before and no ref has ever said a thing. I'm thinkin it's just a power trip ref and you'll never here anything like that again. But that's just MO, qand who am I? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts