Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Div. 3] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game sunday team!Aldergrove Sliders 1,Semi Strikers 1.
With the exception of the ref making a few questionable calls.The first one being when a ball is in the air and in the net isnt that still a goal?
The other one was when a player knees the ball in the net over the line and the defending team player hits it out with her hand(not the keeper) resulting in the opposing team player kicking it in again .....is that not a goal?Especially when you wait to blow the whistle until after the ball goes in the net a second time.
Hard calls but the Ref's are suppose to be ready for anything and should know what to do in any situation thats what they are trained for and not have to be asked to give us a PK if we dont get a Goal.
Oh well next time :rolleyes:

Becks

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
GE Thunderbolts 5 North Shore Storm 0

From what I hear a good game by the Thunderbolts (I wasn't there....doing the run for a cure). North Shore had 1 shot on net in the second half.

Sitting back and waiting for next game!!

Becks

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
GE Thunderbolts 2 Burnaby Girls Supafly 1

The ref was a complete idiot and card happy...2 yellows given out - and both of them were NOT even worth a whistle - never mind a yellow. Good group of girls except for the goalie. She actually kicked the ball at the ref after one of our goals....suprisingly enough....no yellow card given out!

Hoping the weather is better next Sunday....

sweeper16

Sep 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
the weather totally sucked today!! I didnt see her kick the ball at the ref, but i did see that awesome 'injury' she had..
in all, they were actually a pretty nice team. not catty or anything (not that i saw) atleast the start of this season is better then last season. i think we only played like 4 days in the first half!!

UPFRONT

Oct 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody Salsa 4 - Coquitlam Gamblers 2

Yucky weather, terrible field, but a good result in the end for the Salsa. Gamblers are the first to break Salsa's 0 goals against streak, but I guess all good things come to an end sometime!!!!

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions are post them if you dare,Results are in black and white on the score board and Banter is below for all of us to express!
:knvb: or :wa:

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunday October 15 th - Aldergrove Sliders 3
S.B.A.A Rage 0.
Great game played by our team I must say and the field was poorly lined.The weather was superb......what did you expect? More Sun in October!Its perfect Slider weather as Angela and Stanger made sure they got their slides in. Only one warning and we had Denis for a ref. today so that is unbeleivable we will have to work on that for next time.
Good team to play but next time Rage dont drink so much the night before then its only the pain of the rain hitting your forhead.
:D

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Div. 3] PREDICTIONS,RESULTS & BANTER ETC...

Aldergrove Sliders have found themselves relegated to Div 3 this season and we are fidning it has plenty of competetion and thats good.But we look forwards to mvoing back up to Div.2 for next season so look out Div 2 we will be BACK!!!!

Becks

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
UPFRONT said:
Port Moody Salsa 4 - Coquitlam Gamblers 2

Yucky weather, terrible field, but a good result in the end for the Salsa. Gamblers are the first to break Salsa's 0 goals against streak, but I guess all good things come to an end sometime!!!!

I'm curious to know if you had as much problems as we did with this team...was there a guy on the sideline just tearing apart your team on the Gamblers side? He's a husband of one of the girls. The last time we played them (and beat them) you could hear him yelling on the sideline that we were fat and slow. Finally we had enough and started yelling back (we obviously took the mature route....:confused: ). I know killing them on the scoreboard should be enough payback...but that guy just kills me everytime. Just wondering if that guy is still around since we play them on Sunday!

UPFRONT

Oct 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't say that I remember anyone yelling on the Gamblers sidelines - they were pretty quiet. They scored the first, by probably the best player on the pitch(their only " player"), and then the salsa came back with 3 in a row. They got one more in the 2nd half, and then the salsa got one more on the very next play. We had an awesome ref, so maybe they new better to keep their mouths shut!!!!!

Becks

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, we had Andy Winterhof reffing our game against the gamblers...he "cautioned" our coach to keep us in line....after talking to this "guy" on the sideline and asking him to keep quiet...however 2 weeks later I get a letter from the leauge telling us we were fined $25 because he cautioned our coach. In the refs report he said the Gamblers were worse in their yelling, however I decided to give the Thunderbolts the caution! WTF - we disputed it...but got no where (of course) except the satisfaction that Andy will never ref one of our games or any other Golden Ears team again (as he's had several complaints against him)

UPFRONT

Oct 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh....we had Andy this summer, and I had heard all the rumours prior, and he didnt dissappoint thats for sure!! HE actually told us to check lightly - HUH?? Then he said he did not need linesman because he can see the whole field by himself. I demanded we have someone run the lines, and he gave me a yellow for questioning his authority. He also didnt check cards because he said its just womens soccer!!!! What a LOSER!!! If we ever have him again I will play the game under protest right from the getgo - he stinks!

sweeper16

Sep 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I always hated having that guy!! He forever picks on our team for no reason at all. I do remember that game fondly Becks!
He is such a moron. I know that we arent the only team that has complained about him.
I think he carded one of our players once for going 'i didnt touch her though!' a real winner..
maybe him and the guy we had last week were comparing notes because he was a moron too!!!

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Div. 3] PREDICTIONS,RESULTS & BANTER ETC...

sliders18 said:
Aldergrove Sliders have found themselves relegated to Div 3 this season and we are fidning it has plenty of competetion and thats good.But we look forwards to mvoing back up to Div.2 for next season so look out Div 2 we will be BACK!!!!

You still have a few good teams to beat before that....

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time will tell and we will only improve on what we are doing now so it should be good! We have an exeptional Coach and a trainer this season and thats what we needed before ......that will make the difference in where we end up at the end of the season!

UPFRONT

Oct 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody Salsa 1 - NSGSC Cougars 1

Not a great game for the Salsa - we completely dominated the game but just couldn't finish. Cheers to their keeper, she was exceptional!!!!

Hey Sweeper16 - shoot high next week, as high as you can , or nothing is going in. Their keeper moves very well side to side. Oh, and their coach is an idiot. I'll leave it at that, and wait to hear what you think.

Wipe the slate clean, and on to next weeks challenge!:bronco:

Becks

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
GE Thunderbolts 1 Coquitlam Gamblers 1

A game we should have won....we controlled the first half - however couldn't get a shot off except the one that went in. Then we fell apart in the second half...just long enough for them to score a goal (by their only "player"). A very different team that what we were used to last year. Very quiet...which was not what we were expecting!!

Next up revenge on the Cougars....we played them earlier and lost 3-1. Completely agree about their coach...no need to explain!!

Becks

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
GE Thunderbolts 0 Cougars 1

Woke up to the sun shining brightly. Got to the game warmed up with the sun...and then all of a sudden the clouds opened up and we were in the middle of a wind / rain storm. AWFUL weather! We owned the first half but just couldn't finish our shots. First half ended still 0-0...2nd half they scored their goal as our mids were probably frozen to the ground because we didn't go back at all!

Their coach was quiet the whole game and the girls were really nice. Very different from our first game with them...could have been they were also frozen!

Til next week...we take on the still undefeated Port Moody Salsa.

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ALDERGROVE SLIDERS 3 - MAVERICKS 2 OCT.29 10:00 GAME.
We played in wind,rain and hail and did it hurt!But we ended up in a win.They are not the same team we played in the beginning of the season.Great game Sliders and great game Mavericks clean competetive game.SWEET!
Good luck the rest of your games.

I do have to say the ref. was totally whistle happy!!!!And since when does a ball hit out by the Keeper go to a goal kick?I think he must have forgotten his specs yesturday.

:bronco:

UPFRONT

Oct 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody Salsa 3 North Shore Foxes 1

Although a win and we'll take it, not the best game we have ever played ( again). It should have been a blow - out, but just not enough finish. They got a PK in the first minute of the 2nd half (already 3-0 for us) -ref claims there was a handball, not sure about that one. Whatever.... we had a direct kick at the 18 yard box, and a girl in their wall jumps up and bats the ball down with her hands - which technically is a red card, and the idiot calls a corner?!!!!!!!!! Oh well, thats what we pay for!

Home game next week against the thunderbolts - no chance of cancellation - turf is never closed. Salsa will be back in true form guarenteed!:bronco:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0