Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Div. 2] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct. '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerboot13

Jan 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
what a perfect example of the discussion started last week about swearing on the field...
GEU Jags 0 - North Van 4

No doubt about it they dominated our side of the field in the first half, scoring two break away goals, and with about 2 minutes left in the first, one of our players uttered the unthinkable..."F**K" and was given a RED and left the field.

We started the second mostly in their half getting a few scoring chances but not finishing, and then one of their girls blurted out some profanity and was RED carded. From there they gained < somehow, some ground. Scoring on one on me, and continuing with the breakaways. With about 2 minutes left in the game an EXTREMELY questionable call was made by the ref allowing a penalty shot to be made on me...(i'm sobbing at this point) and in it goes.

As far as the swearing was concerned, call it if you must refs, but please be consistent, one of the girls on my team (i didnt hear this) heard two of the North Van players saying "shite this and shite that" and the ref gave them warnings where as with our player, the ref couldnt get that card out quickly enough. If we cant be fair between the sexes cant we at least be fair between teams?

signed, the idealist

screamingbeauty3

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree killer.. I don't know what else to say about our game except for that it was brutal. No excuses though, I thought we could've played much better, myself included. I don't even really know what to say about the game though.

IamCanadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's been pretty quiet on here lately...

Hopefully the games this weekend don't get cancelled... looks like rain right up until Sunday :(.

Predictions for the weekend?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The rain...it ain't stoppin' anytime soon.
I hope the games aren't cancelled.

I predict:

Van Jags vs. Van Breakers 3-1

That's all I have...not sure who is playin' who...too lazy to look

striker14

Selbbep

Oct 2, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions:

Lightning over Inter
Shock over Speed
Steel over Jags

Won't predict my own game.....bad luck!!

Hope the rain holds off...

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Van Jaguars 1 Van Breakers 2

I was not at the game, but, I hear it was a tight one.

Their goals were both scored on breakaways :( so it is tough for the Keeper in that case...I am the usual Keeper, but we had a couple of girls step inbetween the posts and I hear they both did a great job. It is tough to stop breakaways, and really, they shouldn't have been put into that sort of situation, but, shite happens!

Our goal was supposedly a left foot punter which sailed over their Keeper's head...WOO HOO!!

Next week is vs. Meralomas who had a win today...I am going to predict a 3-1 win for us next week. I will not be playing next week, but I will be on the sidelines cheering my arse off.

how did everyone else do?

Selbbep

Oct 2, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the cowgirls won due to RC Rythm defaulting. So of course we took advantage of the no game situation and had ourselves one hell of a night!! Yeehaw!!

How did everyone else do? Any ideas why it's not posted yet?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Selbbep said:
Striker14 - Why aren't you playing right now?

Had a wee surgery done...nothing too crazy, but I am out at least another game...hopefully be back at it the week after.
Thanks for the concern :eek:

striker/goalie14

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't know the Jags defaulted too...They better not default this weekend - I'll be pissed if we have to miss two weeks in a row!!!

IamCanadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, apparantly the Jags called up the Steel a couple days before and cancelled...

We won 4-1. Played horrible first half though so could and should have been more than that :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts