Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Sept '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Perhaps you're right, CHAB.......although number 3 was a mouthpiece too. :D Number 4 was tackled.....had the ball taken from her(perhaps the player stepped on her foot).....she chased after our player with one thing in mind.....to take her out and she did. Anyway, like you said, it's water under the bridge now. I'm heading over the Division Two MSN chat room thread right now. :)

From what I heard, our #3 got the yellow for saying :"I didn't touch the freaki' ball!" She better watch out or another ref might wash her mouth out with soap for a crass comment like that :rolleyes: .

And as to the tackle -missed it b/c I had to pee :eek: . but I hate to see that kind of thing no matter how it starts. I like good, clean (well that's all relative i suppose!) hard fought soccer.

Div 2 is definitely the thread to be on right now. Phew those girls can throw down. CHAB I will join you for that game if it doesn't conflict with our schedule. I'll bring the cooler :) .

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The real reason that Club I lost was that yours truly wasn't coaching there coaching. I am undefeated this year you know bawbag. ;)

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
The real reason that Club I lost was that yours truly wasn't coaching there coaching. I am undefeated this year you know bawbag. ;)

You better not take that one lying down Ali! C'mon lets see what you've got. Put 'em up :wa: .

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:

Other than the redundancy of your first sentence, the rest doesn't really deserve comment. :D BTW, tough to lose a game when you're NEVER there. GIRUY, Fannybaws. Oh, and how many games have you WON this year?

Thought so.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
Didn't see the first goal as offside Ali, but then again I was draggin my ass up to the centre circle so I was in no position to see it either! And your goal off the corner, we didn;t actually send anyone out - we were all too busy watching your two players walk the ball out! :mad:

No, that was the first two corners we had. :D ;)

On the goal, you had one player there. :D

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
No, that was the first two corners we had. :D ;)

On the goal, you had one player there. :D

Man, was I watching the same game?:confused:

CHAB - since we're playing the Shooters, will you come through on your threat to play me up front? I know Spazz can't wait to bite my ankles ;) . Maybe she and I can start throwing down some smack to liven things up over here in Div. 1! Whadya say Spazz?

Any thoughts for results for this weekend? I was off on all counts last weekend, but here goes anyways:

Shamrock Rovers - Delta United: Rovers win
Haven't played the Rovers, but I hear they are a better team this year than last year.

Rich. Rumble - Club Ireland: Club Ireland wins
Haven't seen the Rumble yet either, but Club I were strong and I'm going with them!

NSGSC Strikers - Semiahmoo: Strikers win

This might be a close game. The strikers were athletic and tough last year, but I think Semi might make a game of it.

**I've been told I shouldn't predict my own game, but I think we're going to kick Spazz's ass (no one else on her team, just Spazz)!

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
Man, was I watching the same game?:confused:
You were sick all game sunshine. Don't you remember?

As to the Shooters, there are always possibilities and I have never broken a promise yet to you guys, so to answer your question, a distinct possiblility. Depends on injuries.

Strikers will be all over Semiahmoo. Both play on turf but the Strikers, next to Club I still move the ball the best in our pool, IMO.

Gotta give it to Delta. Ali thought were were physical, wait till they play Delta, remember who got rocked on our team in game 1? Yeah, game goes to Delta if I were a betting person.

Club I will run the Rumble to the ground but I haven't checked if they are playing on Turf or grass. If on turf, then it's Club I. all the way. Ali's got them finely tuned. Just watch for snipers in the bushes, might be wearing #4:D

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Munchkin - have to disagree with your Delta/Rovers prediction! Delta's a way better team... they didn't have numbers out to ur game yet they still lumped us (always do) but they are in great shape and play a good game.

As fos us.... naw, not going to give you any strategies but it's not looking good! And my legs are like Jello tonight so I will probably be a nightmare Sunday!

I can only WISH for subs... :(

And as for you playing upfront... you're small enough that if I can catch up to you, I'll just push you over! Then no more running for me! ;)

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Munchkin - have to disagree with your Delta/Rovers prediction! Delta's a way better team... they didn't have numbers out to ur game yet they still lumped us (always do) but they are in great shape and play a good game.

And as for you playing upfront... you're small enough that if I can catch up to you, I'll just push you over! Then no more running for me! ;)

I haven't seen the Rovesrs this years as I mentioned, but I heard that they have improved their team quite a lot since last year and are very athletic this year, thus the prediciton. I was pretty much guessing though :rolleyes: . From our first game though I don't think Delta are that strong. Mind you it was the first game of the year, but I felt like the only reason we tied was because our fitness hurt us and we didn't play as well as we should have. Our next match up will probably give a better picture as to both teams' quality.

If you can knock me over Spazz, then good on you, but as you said, you'll have to catch me first ;) . Shouldn't be too hard tomorrow though. Club Ireland fundraiser tonight baby!! Too bad we weren't playing them tomorrow. Oh wait, I don't think many of their Div. 1 team is old enough to drink!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 1 Richmond Rumble 0

An absolutely horrible game. The pitch, the ref, the Rumble......HORRIBLE. We were mince and scored on a penalty kick in the second half. Granted it was fully deserved but overall a bad bad game of football.

And their coach decided that he was too good to shake hands with us afterwards. If you read this, Dr. Neish, classless move. I'm not sure what your problem is but it usually it is what coaches do after the game. GIRUY.

Two week break......and on to Delta United I think.....

How did everyone else do today?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Club Ireland 1 Richmond Rumble 0

An absolutely horrible game. The pitch, the ref, the Rumble......HORRIBLE. We were mince and scored on a penalty kick in the second half. Granted it was fully deserved but overall a bad bad game of football.

And their coach decided that he was too good to shake hands with us afterwards. If you read this, Dr. Neish, classless move. I'm not sure what your problem is but it usually it is what coaches do after the game. GIRUY.

Two week break......and on to Delta United I think.....

How did everyone else do today?

My apologies to Mr. Neish as it appears he didn't want to shake hands because he was very upset with the ref..........who was shocking by the way.....

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I leave that to Munchkin for the game report as I always like to see how a player sees it. It was a close game till your own goal in the 69th minute, then the flood gates opened up. I only have one question for you, well actually 2 questions. Do you have a twin on that team?? Cuz I kept commenting to her and at the end of the game I realized it wasn't you. The other question was, what the Heck were you aiming at in the 2nd half (unless it was your twin) on that free kick, 25 yards out in front of the net. Was it a set piece where you riffle the shot and it almost hits the corner flag:D or has Striker been teaching you how to shoot the ball:confused:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ha ha ha Not my twin but our names rhyme! That was Randi and I should have taken that kick! ha ha ha

You should know by all my posts that my skills are limited to defense only (I played a little on each outside)! And you even chased down a stray ball for my throw in but I was focused and didn't want to get into greetings, etc.

I don't want to comment on the game (for grounds that it may get me kicked off my team! ;) )

But remember that girl that I was teasing you about that had been talking to you about joining your team (the too old to be coached one)? She was the sweeper that got the "own goal"... and we're glad that you didn't want her cause she fits in with us well (we all got SMASHED after the game at the park, under the sun.... good times!) :D

So I'm a little burnt and trying to sober up at the moment...

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm looking at the team list here and now I recognize her name. Oh well, we couldn't have signed her anyway since she plays Munchkin's position and I totally forgot to put her up front....oh is she gonna kill me..........it totally slipped my mind. Glad you enjoyed the sun and the day, minus te Shite-kicking.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts