Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Sept '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Division 1] Pre-Season Rumours and Banter

Club Ireland 5 Semiamhoo 0

A great start by the ladies. Semi has a couple of dangerous players but they decided to play a flat back 4. Not a good idea......they didn't have enough speed to do that and they were ripped apart a few times because of it. We went up 1 - 0 on a botched offside trap. We went up by two off a corner. They had a goal rightly disallowed when their striker barreled into our goalie knocking the ball out of her hands.

We scored a neat 3rd goal from some nice work down the right side and our 4th came compliments of their keeper who was playing too far off her line......chipped from about 25 yards....The 5th goal was very similar although I thought our player who scored was offside.....she went through on a breakaway from just over the half line.......and chipped the keeper again.

Our oldest player was 22, with the majority of the players being 19. I couldn't have asked for more from the girls in their first game and we sported our new uniforms. :)

On to Shamrock Rovers next week......they always give us a tough game and I'm sure this will be no different.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rumble 3 - Shooters 1 :eek:

We shite the bed.... that's all there is to it. :mad:

Hopefully we can chalk it up to the first game of the season, touch will improve, subs will show up, passing WILL happen and we learn to play as a team.

Didn't help that our Keeper was injured though kudos to Heidi would volunteered to stand in.

Anyone else have crap to report?

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Spazz said:
Rumble 3 - Shooters 1 :eek:

We shite the bed.... that's all there is to it. :mad:

Hopefully we can chalk it up to the first game of the season, touch will improve, subs will show up, passing WILL happen and we learn to play as a team.

Didn't help that our Keeper was injured though kudos to Heidi would volunteered to stand in.

Anyone else have crap to report?

Spazz, I don't know if it's crap, but it certainly wasn't the result I was hoping for...

Kerrisdale 1 - Delta United 1

Not terrible since it was the first game of the year, but I thought we had the better quality chances overall. Fitness was an issue towards the end of the game, but thankfully it was the case for both teams I think. There were some really good parts to our game, and there are some things that I know will improve as we start to gel together a little bit more. Although, if this division group is anything like last year where there were so many teams really close together in points, we can't afford to give up too many points on games that we should be able to win.

How did everyone else fare?

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I failed to mention the part where we scored but a Rumble player ran into the net and kicked it out and cause our old, decrepit referee was 30 yards out he had no idea.... :rolleyes:

Maybe his theory was that we were already 2 goals down so why be anywhere near the play? :mad:

Why can't there be any young, hot male refs that can keep up with the play?! :confused:

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
....Why can't there be any young, hot male refs that can keep up with the play?! :confused:
I think Alikira is a young and hot referee as well....... no wait, he is neither young or HOT unless he wears his Kilt:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
I think Alikira is a young and hot referee as well....... no wait, he is neither young or HOT unless he wears his Kilt:D

Kilt? Leopard skin thong maybe but certainly not a kilt. :D

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Kilt? Leopard skin thong maybe but certainly not a kilt. :D

what you wear under your kilt is your business...but...may i remind you of the "code of the kilt" :p

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
what you wear under your kilt is your business...but...may i remind you of the "code of the kilt" :p

speaking of distractions ;) !! But seriously Spazz, didn't you just recently come over to the dark side and get hitched? What good is having a "young, hot referee" running around the field now that life is all downhill form here??:rolleyes: ha ha kidding Mr. Munchkin (sometimes he wanders around this thread to see what I am posting/ranting about).

And speaking of refs that have no idea: our stopper went up for a great header and beat their player to the ball, who came in late I might add, and Amber got clattered for her effort. Then the ref gives our stopper the foul! It wasn't as if he was even that far away, he just completely gaffed that call. Thank goodness she at least wasn't hurt.

Looking forward to Sunday when we hopefully play the quality of game that I think we're capable of and get our first win!!

Night, night.
Mrs. Munchkin.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
holy cow, where is everybody?

Kerrisdale 2 - Semihamoo (sp?) 1

It wasn't a bad game for us. The score could have read a few more for Kerrisdale, but we were having trouble finishing on some excellent chances. In fact, I owe Krissie a drink because she actually scored the 3rd goal for us, but the ref called it offside. In the 15 min. that I got to play up front (thanks CHAB!!:wa: ) I was apparently in an offside position (i didn't believe it, but my assist. coach said I was, so I'll give him that one), but even though I didn't touch the ball and it wasn't a pass to me (she flicked the ball with the outside of her foot and ended up chipping the keeper), the ref said I was "active in the play", thus NO GOAL. damn!. OTherwise we only had one major brain meltdown which resulted in their goal. Their player, who has REALLY long legs I might add, started running with the ball at about the half line, and our centre mid ran out of legs, so I went over to help, and since I was running out of legs as she was at about the 6 yard box by this point, I didn't do enough to stop her cross into the box which landed right on the foot of their other striker. Even though we outnumbered her 2-1, neither of my defenders could decide who was going to mark her mark her and prevent the easy tap in. damn, damn! Oh well, all things considered I think we had the majority of the play and the better chances, so the win felt good.

How did everyone else do? Score More/Spazz/Ali? anyone?

munchkin

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought I posted already.........oops.....

Club Ireland 3 Shamrock Rovers 0

In terms of chances, we deserved the win.......in terms of possession, Shamrock Rovers did a good job, particularly in the second half. However, they didn't muster much of a threat in the final third of the field. We scored 2 goals when they were trying to play the offside trap and their keeper fluffed one too. She made some great saves to make up for it though.

Our passing was very poor on the night, as was our decision making. However, we worked very hard throughout, which is always encouraging. It wasn't through lack of effort.

We play Kerrisdale next week, which will obviously be a difficult game, as we have to send 3 players up to the Selects team because the league has scheduled us at the same time. Cheers. Oh well, we'll see what we can do against a strong Kerrisdale team.

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We played Delta, we're up 2-0 for a short while they were short a player and they still won 4-2 and that's all there is to it. :mad:

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know the result of the Shooters/Semiahmoo game last night?

I am going to go out on a limb and make some predictions for the rest of the games this weekend. I don't know many of theother teams yet, so my picks could be WAY off, but oh well!

Here they are:
Shamrock Rovers defeat Ricmond Rumble 2-1

Delta United defeat NSGSC Strikers 2-0

Kerrisdale ties Club Ireland 2-2
(I am a chicken on this one and am guessing a politically correct tie!)

Good luck to everyone!
mrs. munchkin

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our game was rescheduled to Friday October 6th! (good thing too cause I'm too sore from Boot Camp to play this weekend!)

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
....I'm too sore from Boot Camp to play....

Boot Camp??? What are you doing?? Just take the course on the saturday before we play you Spazz and then I'll play Munchkin up front and you can mark her all game:D

I'm going with NSGSC over Delta. Next to Club I., they move the ball around the best in our pool.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kerrisdale 3- Club Ireland 2

What can I say? It was a close game and I think it could have gone either way. I think Club I were unlucky not to have more than 11 bodies as I think fitness got them at the very end, but we'll take the win. They had us on the ropes in the first half and we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off :eek: , but I thought we sorted ourselves out well in the second half and had the better scoring chances towards the end. Our first goal (1st half) came off a great run down the flank and a good cross into our open striker who put it in the back of the net. For Club I's first goal we gave up a sleeper as we were all dozing off a short corner and they walked it in and buried it. ouch. Their second goal came off some unorganized defending with good finish into the back of the net. (I may have gotten the order of their 2 goals backwards as I was a little shell shocked with 2 goals scored on us in 6 minutes!). 2-1 Club I at the half

In the second half, our tying goal was a cracker of a shot taken off a free kick. The last goal came in the 90th minute or so, and our centre mid beat the goalie to the ball somewhere between the 6 and the 18 yd. box I think(which was unusual as their keeper had up to this point been very strong and aggressive coming out for the ball) and Niki slid it into the net for the win. Your girls played a strong game Alikira. I think the game might have been a little bit different if you'd had a full bench, but we'll take the 3 points.

Aside though, the referee was ABSOLUTELY shocking. I missed some excitement in the first few minutes as I was in the washroom, and from all accounts (heard there was some swinging and retaliating), I'm surprised there wasn't a card whiped out (for our player). But after that, I think he got worse! It would be nice to have some consistent, fair officiating, but I suppose I should be used to this kind of reffing by now :( .

How did everyone else do?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Munchkin's account was pretty well spot on. We played very well in the first half........although Kerrisdale's first goal was a couple of yards offside..:) It was a shot which hit our defender and bounced to the striker who was standing a couple of yards offside. She finished well though and the ref was in the center circle.

Munchkin did have the goals mixed up as our first goal was a great turn by our grade 12 striker and she slotted it near post. Our second was off a short corner which Kerrisdale only sent one player out.....our players executed it perfectly which led to a shot which the keeper could just get her fingertips too. If she was on her line, I think she would have had it though. Having said that, she made two excellent saves in the first half.....I thought we should have been up by at least one or two more BUT........

The second half was all Kerrisdale....they play a very direct game and with the long balls, our defense/midfield kept dropping deeper and deeper, mainly because of being tired. It was a matter of time before it finally broke down.......We had several players who had played very little over the last several months let alone weeks and it showed. Well done to Kerrisdale for a strong second half. They are a big strong physical team, although a couple of them are dirty/cheap rather than tough(number 4 should have been sent off for her tackle on our player in the first 10 minutes) . The ****ing nightmare ref didn't even give a yellow yet proceeded to give a Kerrisdale player a card later for allegedly blocking a throw-in? He was a ****ing joke and the only thing worse than him was the state of the field. I wrote a report about him, Munchkin, and it would probably be a good thing for you guys to do too. Congratulations to Kerrisdale, although I don't think either team would have been disappointed with a draw.

Up next........Richmond Rumble.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unforunately, I can't argue with you on this one Ali except maybe the point about a couple of "dirty/players". I point out she was tackled first, while on the ground swung and Yes, took your player out which definately should have been a card which I am surprised wasn't called. In any event, I think she was the only one (which we will talk to her about cuz we don't want incidents like over in Div. 2) unless I missed other incidents which is easy for me I'll admit. However, we can take our arguements to the Div. 2 thread cuz that's allot more fun.

CHAB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps you're right, CHAB.......although number 3 was a mouthpiece too. :D Number 4 was tackled.....had the ball taken from her(perhaps the player stepped on her foot).....she chased after our player with one thing in mind.....to take her out and she did. Anyway, like you said, it's water under the bridge now. I'm heading over the Division Two MSN chat room thread right now. :)

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Munchkin's account was pretty well spot on. We played very well in the first half........although Kerrisdale's first goal was a couple of yards offside..:) It was a shot which hit our defender and bounced to the striker who was standing a couple of yards offside. She finished well though and the ref was in the center circle.

Munchkin did have the goals mixed up as our first goal was a great turn by our grade 12 striker and she slotted it near post. Our second was off a short corner which Kerrisdale only sent one player out.....our players executed it perfectly which led to a shot which the keeper could just get her fingertips too. If she was on her line, I think she would have had it though. Having said that, she made two excellent saves in the first half.....I thought we should have been up by at least one or two more BUT........

The second half was all Kerrisdale....they play a very direct game and with the long balls, our defense/midfield kept dropping deeper and deeper, mainly because of being tired. It was a matter of time before it finally broke down.......We had several players who had played very little over the last several months let alone weeks and it showed. Well done to Kerrisdale for a strong second half. They are a big strong physical team, although a couple of them are dirty/cheap rather than tough(number 4 should have been sent off for her tackle on our player in the first 10 minutes) . The ****ing nightmare ref didn't even give a yellow yet proceeded to give a Kerrisdale player a card later for allegedly blocking a throw-in? He was a ****ing joke and the only thing worse than him was the state of the field. I wrote a report about him, Munchkin, and it would probably be a good thing for you guys to do too. Congratulations to Kerrisdale, although I don't think either team would have been disappointed with a draw.

Up next........Richmond Rumble.

Didn't see the first goal as offside Ali, but then again I was draggin my ass up to the centre circle so I was in no position to see it either! And your goal off the corner, we didn;t actually send anyone out - we were all too busy watching your two players walk the ball out! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0