Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Div 1 & 2 2003/2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

wagon

Sep 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 1 & 2

There are far too many div 1 and 2 teams so why don't people use this to talk about div 1 and 2 and then the premier people use the lower thread to talk about premier.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good idea as it appears there is enough interest in the chick leagues on TTP now.

:D

I'll go one better and put the season years on them.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anyone had a game postponed in the past(not weather related)without being contacted by the league? No one on our team has been contacted yet the site says it is postponed and it is our fcuking home game. Is this common in the MWSL? We were supposed to be playing Shamrock Rovers with first place on the line.....

Captain

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

It is YOUR responsibility to check the website for any game changes or postponements prior to gametime.

Some changes have ocurred on Saturday afternoon.

It is very annoying, why can't the league give a simple phone call to both the contacts on both teams?

Last year in Premier, a home game was changed to an away game between SBAA and UBC alumni on a Friday (I think) the result was that both teams showed up at their home field.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shamrock Clovers are BRUTAL!

Chippy team and hopefully chickee that got the 1 season suspension is staying off the picth!

Shamrock Clovers got into a complete BRAWL with the Vancouver Jaguars in the summer resulting in MAJOR suspensions (Striker14 with a 10 game suspension as well as Crash with 6 games and many more for the Jags) but Clovers got off fairly easy ( skanks must be blowing the entire disciplinay board!!! :eek: ) except for the psycho girl that had already been red carded and decided to come back on to the field to get involved in the brawl...... she's out all season! The rest of their suspensions should be ending soon......

Good luck and I hope you guys win big!!! :D

Spazz

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NW Hyacks vs. Richmond Rockets 3-1

Now that's how we should have played the first 2 games!

But our defense screwed up and let one of their forwards have a one on one with our keeper and she shot to the far left and sunk it nicely but they should have never scored in that game! :mad:

The winning streak is on..... :D

Spazz

Captainshouldn'tbesoshocked......MWSLisanunorganizedmess!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shamrock Clovers got into a complete BRAWL with the Vancouver Jaguars in the summer resulting in MAJOR suspensions (Striker14 with a 10 game suspension as well as Crash with 6 games and many more for the Jags) but Clovers got off fairly easy ( skanks must be blowing the entire disciplinay board!!! ) except for the psycho girl that had already been red carded and decided to come back on to the field to get involved in the brawl...... she's out all season! The rest of their suspensions should be ending soon......
WTF?!

The most I've seen in a MWSL game was an unnecessary yellow or two for tough but decent tackles. What happened here? Did they all bitch at each other for dressing in the same outfit?

Do tell.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I received a call from the scheduler yesterday before I passed out(awful flu) at 9:30 telling me that the game was postponed because a lot of the Rovers were going to Portland to watch the World Cup semi-finals. Pretty fcuking weak if you ask me. They can fcuking watch it on TV. This will add fuel to the fire. I'm beginning to have a real dislike for this team.......

Captain

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Brawl was amazing.....

For women's league that has got to be the best so far!

Jag's were up 4-0 and the Rovers scored by sliding into the Jag's keeper (sketchy slide) so the Rover scorer went into the net to collect the ball and Crash (Jag's keeper) lunged at her to trip her (BUT DIDN'T) and Rover whipped the ball at Crash...... Crash ran after her and they all ran in and fists were thrown, everyone was kicking (probably hair-pulling too :rolleyes: )...... players running in from the sidelines as the ref and the 2 coaches sat there with their mouthes gaping open! :eek:

Guess the pathetic MWSL disciplinary board used this to set an example for the rest of us and have out 10 game suspensions plus Crash & Striker14 got a $100 bond that had to be paid before they play again and the Jaguars had to pay a $200 bond so any red cards the remainder of the season they don't get that money back! Not sure if the Rovers had any bonds to pay??

BRUTAL!!!!!!! So I'm not surprised that they would cancel their game for no valid reason........

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semi with a +500 weekend :eek:

1st team won 4-2 over Vancouver Helens. It should have been 6 or 7 with all the posts we hit - the helens play well together but lack those few key players that can change the flow of the game. We had that person, the 17 year old striker from the SBAA U18 gold team had 2 of our goals and caused many more chances.

Surf lost 4-1 to the now seemingly infamous Shamrock Rovers. Don't know how the well we played but apparently the surf were very frustrated with the result, and not for the fact that they lost but the way that they lost (i.e. they shouldn't have lost).

Strikers 1 - 1 South Delta sting. A game we should have one (as the story always goes) the sting tied it up on a crap penalty shot in the last minute of play.

Sharks 1 - 0 Coquitlam Gamblers B. Yeaaaaa we won!

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm Bravedart

Looks like we're up against you guys this weekend...... :D

Sucks that someone lost to the Rovers........ I'm just glad they're not in our pool!!!!!! (and I hope we won't meet them in the finals cause I can tell you now it would get ugly! Not to mention the Jags would all be out to watch that game!!) :eek:

Speaking of not wanting to meet up with teams in the finals.... Club I is on a roll and damned if I want to go up against them but ya never know....... ;)

Jaguars games this season have all been high score games..... they started off on a roll but have slipped down the standings... but the suspensions have all ended now (with the exception of Striker14) so they'll be picking up their socks!

See ya Sunday Bravedart (I'll be the one hungover one wretching along the sidelines after the Highlands Pub Crawl Saturday night)

Spazz

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Shamrock Rovers

Originally posted by Spazz

Jaguars games this season have all been high score games..... they started off on a roll but have slipped down the standings... but the suspensions have all ended now (with the exception of Striker14) so they'll be picking up their socks!

I had to get in here...I have been away from TTP so long that I almost forgot how to post. Anyways...our game vs. the Shamrock "Whiners" was pathetic. We kicked some a** but they couldn't handle it...blaming the ball, saying it was sh*tty...saying things like, "we're the 1st place team and we shouldn't be losing to this team(ie. us)" and the Coach yelling at them on the sidelines making it feel like a freakin' bootcamp!! It was ugly...but we came out with a 4-1 win...but yes, I have been booted for 10 games...BUT I SHALL RETURN!! :wa:

seeyouonthepitch

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The Brawl was amazing.....

Originally posted by Spazz
they all ran in and fists were thrown, everyone was kicking (probably hair-pulling too :rolleyes: )

There was no hair pulling from me baby...my fists are still aching! ;) I had hair pulled from my scalp and I looked like the Bride of Frankenstein afterwards, but I had no skin underneath my nails or hair caught in my fingernails, but I can't say the same for the Shamrock "whiners" who left claw marks on my neck, and scrathes on both my arms (which have left scars). I tried to show the League this, but they didn't want to see them. The Referee didn't show up for "Soccer Court" and neither did the cnut who started it by hucking the ball at my Goalie! Funny thing is...that cnut only got 3 games...the least of anyone :mad: :mad: :mad:

Whatever...MWSL is a joke!!

seeyouonthepitch :wa:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome back Stripper14!

Glad to see you're posting again and that a certain "PRICK" didn't scare you off for good! ;)

Will enjoy hearing more of the Jaguars season/saga again......

:D Spazz

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know who the coach of Shamrock Rovers is? Also, if you have any tidbits about them, please send a PM my way. Cheers. :)

Captain

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shamrock's Coach

Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
Does anyone know who the coach of Shamrock Rovers is? Also, if you have any tidbits about them, please send a PM my way. Cheers. :)

Captain

I don't remember his name, but I do know he is an ex board Member or something of the sorts at MWSL...that would explain his ****iness on the sidelines and him thinkin' he can get away with everything. He is a real dick!! :p

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hyacks vs. Semiahmoo 2-0

I think we woke up for the second half of this game! 1st half we spent running around aimlessly!
(I SUCKED this game after getting 2 hours sleep from the Delta Highlanders Pub Crawl..... :( )

Kudo's to Renee who tapped in the first goal in the 1st half which was also her first goal of the season! :p

The next goal was a beauty scored form waaaaaaaaay outside the 18 yard box by our Centre Defender!!! :D

Semiahmoo came at us hard after the 2nd goal but we held them off leaving Paws with another shutout!

Next we go up against West Vancouver Storm who just bumped us out of 2nd place so we need a win to get back up in the standings!! :wa:

Spazz

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz,

Paws is a fantastic keeper, give her my compliments.

We didn't only come on hard after the second goal. Remember our chance in the first 30 seconds that was deflected wide :mad:

Anyways good luck battling it out for promotion.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars 2...Croatia SC 1

This was a good game! It became chippy, but overall, a great game.

Jaguars went up 2-0 in the first half with goals from one of our star forwards...ALY and then Claudia, our Centre Midfielder...both beautiful follow ups! :)

Then Croation decided to play...they came on strong and 4 of our girls were begging for their lives as they lay bruised and beaten from hard strikes from Croatia...slide checks with cleats up...a girl running into our Goalie with feet first and dislocating her left pinky...looked like a puzzle piece, but I've heard she is fine!! It got nasty, but in the end...Jaguars with their first win of the Winter Season :wa: Bragging rights for me because my sister-in-law plays on Croatia...ha ha ha

It has been a tough start for us...but we now have 3 of our 4 carded players back, so we'll climb those standings from here on in!!

seeyouonthepitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts