Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MUFC U13 girls tryouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Observant

Feb 26, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
My daughter went to the MUFC U13 Girls HPL tryouts last weekend. 101 girls showed up for 16-18 spots. Quite an impressive turnout to say the least. MUFC had two nights of tryouts so 50 kids per night. The head TD stated that they would reduce the number of players to 40 maximum at the next tryout....so 61 would not be called back. So the odds are 2.5 : 1 (60%) chance you will not be called back.

Fair enough.

I overheard a lot of chatter leading up to this tryout that a local U12 team would be trying out, and they were “virtually guaranteed” to makeup the majority of the final selected team. Further the coach of said team is on a local soccer board, and this was the coup de gras. I dismissed such banter as smack talk.

Well the results are in. All 12 girls on this team in question made it to the next round. Surprised? Well heck yes !! Lets look at the stats:

12 girls out of 40 = 30% of the call backs.....from one (1) team ! WOW that is impressive !!

Even more impressive is the fact that mathematically all the girls being called back from this one team is is 2.5^11 or 23842 : 1 that the entire team would be called back.

Gees I thought that 2.5 : 1 was challenging odds, but 23842 : 1 now that is impressive to overcome !!! Your goal to have your entire team of 12 picked for the next round was 9537% harder than to have just one (1) girl selected ! BRAVO !!

Kudos to those girls and of course the coach; you overcame astronomical odds to have your entire team evenly and fairly called back to MUFC.

Please Coach just do me one favor, as your recent history for overcoming such fantastic odds is amazing, let me know when your team buys Lotto 649 tickets. With lady luck on your side I wouldn’t want to waste my money on that weeks' draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0