Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MP3 Player vs. Discs

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not 10 and under, therefore I lack the knowledge of the most up to date technology stuff. I want to get an MP3 player - one of them things that allows me to download music from my computer and listen to it while I run..etc... Now does anyone know anything about that stuff? Is it better for me to get a mini disc player or an mp3 player? Brand names to choose? Help me out, I am struggling...:eek:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firewire all the way baby...

Get an iPod. They cost a little more, but they're worth it. I've got one of the older 5GB models and it's served me well.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ipod

Peter,

I went to buy a fancy new ipod last week. After about an hour of being shown how friggin great the thing is,(and it is) I was asked about my computer, which a 3 year old 333mhz imac. Turns out that I can't use an ipod on a 3 year old imac. Personally I think thats a bloody disgrace. Macintosh claim to be more and more pc friendly and yet they develop stuff that is non-compatable with their own hardware...the mind boggles.

If you don't have 'firewire', you're stuffed with the ipod.

I'd like to firewire Steve Jobs. Git.

Whats my next move Pete?

Disgruntledimacuserwithnonewchoonplayer.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Older iMacs etal

Gaffa,

Probably not what you want to hear but...buy a new iMac? Sorry, but the older ones don't have a lot of upgradability. You'd also get to enjoy OSX which is a much more modern OS with all the buzzwords; protected memory, multitasking, UNIX underpinnings...

Seriously though, email me if you want to talk further about it. There's a high possibility of some new models coming out late August or early September.

Keeper,

There's been some beta software out for a while and now Apple has teamed up with whomever makes "MUSICMATCH Jukebox Plus™" to satisfy the drooling masses. Firewire is still a requirement. On that note, you should see how fast tunes are downloaded to the iPod: GB's in minutes while the device's battery is simultaneously charging.

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
still wondering

I have a 2 year old Compaq - I just want to download music on to something and listen to it. Will an Ipod do the trick? Is there any other thing I should look at? How much we talking $$?
Sorry for all the questions, but when it comes to this stuff as Tommy Boy might say... "I'm retarded" :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0