Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Moore hit on Naslund

Was the hit clean?

• Total voters

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was the hit cheap and illegal? Illegal I would have to say no. It just looked bad because Naslund was reaching down and got caught big time. Now whether the hit was cheap or not is a whole different ball game. Did he take advantage of a player with his head down, of course. Now days the only good hits you actually see are when a player is caught with his head down.
Just another reason for the NHL to drop the instigator rule. After that incident last night someone from the canucks should have went after Moore and would have had there been no instigator rule. Clearly the rules do not protect the star players so it should fall on the shoulders of their teamates which was they way it was to begin with.

I want the hockey back that I grew up watching. Where has all the hitting gone. That is why this incident stands out so much because there is simply no hitting anymore in the NHL.
Lars Lindgren was playing in the wrong era. Now days he could go into the corner with a dozen eggs and not have to worry about breaking them.

Parkheadwantsthehockeyhewatchedgrowingupback.Physicalplaywithlotsofhittingandgoals.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate to say it, but I almost agree with Parkhead. The hit had all the intentions of being a huge head-down collision until he leaned into the recoiling Naslund with his elbow. Ya Ya KNVB, but to make that extra effort to reach out and finish the hit was crossing the line from great hit to intent to injure. Another example of clean attempts gone bad is Kasparitis (pick one), he usually intends on hip checking guys at the blue line but they usually see him at the last second...........then Kasp. throws a little more into the check crossing the line from clean to cheap :mad: .
I say eliminate the instigator rule and none of this would be an issue. I still remember Gino chasing Anderson around in the playoffs...... good times, good times!
If Crow was as pissed as he was, he should have been out hunting for someone on Col., should be interesting the next time they play.
If there is no fighting, then I say tit for tat. Take out Sakic! :mad:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb,

I watched the replay and he did go for Naslund's head only after what was likely going to be a very legal hit went wrong when Naslund poked for the puck. Moore finished what he started. Could he have kept his elbow in after the fact? Yep! Why didn't he? I think we can all understand why under the heat of the moment. His adrenalin was running and he acted under instinct and emotion rather than emitting some brain induced self-control.

Surely you must understand KNVB. I guess I have to explain it so YOU can understand. It's like when you're shagging without a condom and the cow doesn't subscribe to any birth control measures. No worries because you'll pull out, but KNVB you know how good it feels and you tell that cow that she is going to get it and get it good. You know that you really do not want to challenge any genetic principles and that the world doesn't want to see any red-headed calfs being carted away in an ambulance with a sore spine, so you are determined to pull your willy out of that cow. But KNVB, at the moment of truth, that cow is begging you to finish waht you started and you know what KNVB? You don't pull out because you're not thinking anymore. You're gonna give it to that cow because that cow had it coming.

Then you get this sick feeling. I just made love to a cow and I didn't pull out. "Nobody will know it's my kid." Guess what KNVB. Drive down 64th ave at about 160 st. There is a red headed cow doing bicycle kicks on the pasture. Everyone thinks it is a Mad Cow but really, it's just the Dutch in her.

It's all about self-control and pulling out. I hope you get my point KNVB. :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk off

I've always believed in the old saying... why buy cow when you can get the milk for free?

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought it was a head shot with his elbow out...siginificantly involved with intent...definitely not just the shoulder...therefore a cheap hit on our star player. I thought there was some Gretzky code not to hit star skill guys like that :rolleyes:
I guess that means Ballbaby is now open season for the Surrey FFers :D

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
It was quite possibly one of the cleanest elbows I have seen in a long time.

I never knew that there was such thing as a clean elbow, I guess elbowing isn't a penalty anymore :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As Crawford said "it was a cheap shot, by a young kid". Borderline as to actual intent, but still no penalty call?
I heard one newsman say that players should sit the same amount of games as the injured player??

The bigger picture is to make the rinks bigger as in the Olympics. Players are bigger, faster, stronger and at times it looks like their skating on each others back.

Stop clutching and let them skate.

hedKandi

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not once but twice!!!

Did anyone else hear Peter Worrell refer to Nazzy as Markus Nilsson? :D

~Regs.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs: I heard that on Marjanovich's program yesterday (730 AM or whatever that station is) afternoon as he had a tape of the interview. But in The Sun today, the same quote was there but they corrected the name for him! This is what the media used to do when Jean Chretien screwed up using the English language. They knew what he meant to say and just put it right in the paper.

I heard Jarko Ruutu on the same program being kidded for telling the Sun reporter he liked to 'put more wood on the fire'. He says he told the reporter that he liked to put more "gas on the fire" and they just put it in the paper as wood. They all do it I guess.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Province corrected the "spelling" as well... go figure :rolleyes: I saw the interview on TV though... they couldn't help him there :D

~Regs.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0