Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mojo 730 Vs. Team 1040

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
KNVB,

Offtopic here but MOJO went to an all-sports format yesterday morning to compete directly with The Team.

That is all.

Heels suck,

~Regs.
Taken from the NCAA thread.

Does anyone else know this? I just happen to flip over there this morning myself and they were broadcasting the Mike and Mike show an ESPN special for those who don't know. This is tremendous news for the local sports fan. For me it means I don't have to listen to that bumbling twat Mcgooch anymore, then I can flip right to Rome then to Dan Patrick. All we need now is for Pratt to fcuk off and I'll be in Sports heaven.

A few question maybe someone can answer, did Billy Courage get fired again... if not he should. I took Mcgoosh over him telling stories about his fcuking cabin and his idiot mates drinking beer in picture like settings. What's their format now?

This is good for the bussiness of sport I think.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
WTF? (I see you've editted it now :rolleyes: )

Anyways,

Who knows if it's a good thing? Is there really enough topics to go around? Neither is going to pay attention to any soccer stuff and in the end they'll both be fascinated with the world of hockey.

~Regs.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed. Hate the Gooch. I don't know how many people are tuning in for BCHL reports and whatever else he rambles on about, but he needs to go.

I don't mind Pratt and Taylor as you definitely need some local coverage throw in with all the US syndicate programs. Pratt is actually well-versed in NFL knowledge, as one of his bold pre-season predictions is that neither the Raiders or the Bucs would make the playoffs. Taylor, to me, is rather useless. He's got a great mind for hockey but he's a Canuck fan above all else.

D-Pizzle and Raja Dibble are getting much better. Patrick gets waaay too over-emotional at times and Dibble is mildly retarded, but they have awesome guests and "D-Pizzle Sings The Rap Hits" is pure comedy. Them getting James Caan to call in his NFL picks from the Bahamas was wicked. Also, creating the term "efforting" has really enhanced my vocab.

What both stations need is to rape sports markets for rights to broadcast live events. You can only listen to the same rehashed sports topics so many times before it gets boring. For example, I think MOJO and the TEAM would be wise to attempt to stream live audio from whoever (BBC?) does the audio for saturday and sunday soccer matches from the EPL and SPL. I can't imagine they've got a lot of options for the super-hot week-end 7am time slot, do they?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Courage got fired. Again. The guy is a fcuking nightmare.

Personally, I like McGooch, but for more for the same reasons I have a soft spot for retards. Plus, he does get some great hockey guests. The daily car crashes heard on-air are good too.

Taylor and Pratt are growing on me, but without Taylor for comedic relief, the Pratt & Pratt show is ter-ri-ble.

Looking forward to tuning into the Mike n' Mike show tomorrow.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Bill Courage and almost everyone else on the station got the Boot.
We had a family dinner on Saturday night and good old uncle Brooke Ward was over.
He said that Mo Jo staffers are calling everyone in city related to sports,and offering them up jobs.
From the stories that he has told me about this station and how they operate,what a joke.
Trust me they will gone in less than a year. :)

The always reliable Coach.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I enjoy listening to McGooch in the morning as I'm driving into work. He always has the best hockeyt interviews. Jim Rome is pretty funny, The Dan Patrick show is hillarious, Taylor is the best part of the afternoon show, Pratt and his narrow minded opinions have me changing stations to MoJo, where listening to the moj is fairly interesting depending on the guests. I'll wait to see who 730 get to working for them but it's gonna be hard knocking off 1040. I wonder if that arse Neil MaCrae will resurface with MoJo radio?

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think this town is big enough for two sports stations.......Saying that, The Corus owned Mojo (also owns NW) can really make tracks with the right moves. Corus has some big time proven firepower in the Vancouver market with I wouldn't be surprises to see Dickhead Russell's Sportstalk, and McRae move over to 730. Also consider the rights to the Lions and Canucks broadcasts and Mojo has the backbone of a very stable sports radio station.

Sandman

PS: Mojo is carrying the ESPN radio network which is fantastic for hoops.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My understanding is that they won't move Canuck broadcasts from CKNW because they fear losing some of the advertising power that the station has gained throughout the years. People identify Canucks radio with 980am.

As for programming, there are tons of american syndicate shows that Mojo could get a hold of. Sporting News Radio and ESPN Radio have a littany of segments that aren't available in Canada. Yet.

With some competition in the market, I bet you'll see both stations getting a little more aggressive when it comes to securing local broadcasting rights - ie the Vancouver Canadians, Vancouver Ravens, CIAU football, etc.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just read in the paper that "Mcgooch" is leaving 1040 for Mojo, and Barry Macdonald will be leaving The Page to take over the morning spot.

Should make for an interesting choice in the morning.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0