Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mmmmm. Beer.

Beer: Domestic or Import

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Import or domestic. Simple question, which do you prefer? Or does it even matter as long it is cold?

Personally, for soccer-related activities, give me a cold Canadian or Sleeman and I am happy. But when away from the game like in a restaurant or on the back patio, a Kilkenny can not be beat. Too bad BRM can't supply them 2 4 5 every training session or game :D

So what about you? Does it matter where you are or the situation? Perhaps it's neither and you'll settle for the pooftah - which also has it's place :D

Give your thoughts and don't forget to vote in the poll above!

Cheers,

~Regs.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
After soccer I want nothing more than an Ice Cold Canadian, I've tried bringing out OK Pale Ale, but it's just not the same.

Drinking casually I prefer something with a bit more flavour, along the lines of sleeman's honey brown.

Traveling in Europe I got addicted to Leffe Blond, anyone ever had that? It's rather hard to find here, but it exists.

KJ

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
After Soccer My bevvy of choice is one of Kjohnsob's Ice cold Kokanees.

But I always go for The Granville Island Hef or Koening Ludwig Weissbiere.

I love the German Unpasteurized Wheat Beers.

I also love a good Stella, Hoegarden, Guinness, or Grolsch

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Becks or Heineken all the way.

During the summer, the domestics are good utility beers. Easier on the pocket book when you play with a bunch of pennyless vultures like I do.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Read something recently that Red Truck was the most popular beer in a blind tasting festival. Only blind people were invited. Never tried it myself.

Fan of Molson's Old Style Pilsner for apres game. Big lager fan so like the Euros: Heineken, Stella, Boris (French in stubbies!) etc

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Read something recently that Red Truck was the most popular beer in a blind tasting festival. Only blind people were invited. Never tried it myself.
This is a HUGE acheivement for this company as you gotta know that the marketing and the label had no impact on there decision...it was just the good tasting beer.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness most of the time in pubs when available. Usually a pale ale after games if available, or a 1516; if not, anything but weasel piss like Molson's Pilsner or Coors lite. Trouble is, with lightweight drinkers like Vinnie, Dapotayto, FCBytca, and Gurps around our cooler:rolleyes:, the team (read: me) can't afford to stock it with better premium beers, so the boys get Kokanee instead. Thankfully, the demonspawn are still occupied trying to find the sasquatch on the labels...

Trece

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really it's whatever is in the cooler which is usually domestic beer to keep the kitty breaking even.
Canadian, Kokanee, etc, We've even had a few Mooseheads here and there.

However i agree when relaxing at home or on the patio Stella is the way to go.

I'll even admit that on those scorching hot days downing a Pooftah to start after a game of soccer, quenches the thirst so i can enjoy the first beer better and longer.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough poll, really, to vote on. For me it's not really as cut and dry as import vs. domestic. If, when you say domestic, you mean Canadian, Labatts, and Moosehead, then sure, call me a import. That way I get my Kilkenny and Harp.

But on the other hand, imports are bit difficult to fit into a common routine or stocked in a cooler. That's where the micro-breweries come in, and think they need their own category. Granville Island, Okanagan, and Sleeman's are all good.

Does Sleeman's count as a micro anymore? Maybe they were bought out.

And same goes for Keith's Pale Ale. That's good stuff too, but I don't know if you can classify it as a microbrew anymore.

Just keep the damn Canadian, Labbats, Rickard's, Miler, Coors, and crap out of the mix.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stella, Hieneken, Becks or Kronenberg (the only good thing from France) but the best Canadian beer has to be Alexander Keiths

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotch, Bourbon, Rye, or Irish Dap?

Irish of course.

Who am I kidding though. The last time I drink Irish Whiskey I made it look like I was going to the washroom, subsequently bounced my way off the walls down the hallway in the Irish Heather, fell into a cab then spent half my sleep-time on the front yard before my roommate at the time came home from a party and dragged me inside. Good times.

If I can be serious for a moment, I will say that German beer is pretty damn hard to beat. They just don't seem to make shitty beer. Canada on the other hand? Ahem.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper since you asked the question, the Japanese company that brews Sapporo bought out Sleeman's, Okanagan Springs, and I believe Shaftesbury (I know this because they sponsor us)...and they are now the 3rd biggest in sales in Canada, so I guess you call those ones domestic.

Sapporo is awesome with Japanese food. It is also one of very few beer company names that rhyme with Toro.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper since you asked the question, the Japanese company that brews Sapporo bought out Sleeman's, Okanagan Springs, and I believe Shaftesbury (I know this because they sponsor us)...and they are now the 3rd biggest in sales in Canada, so I guess you call those ones domestic.
No shite, eh? Who'd have thunk it?

First cars, now beer. Just like the Germans.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts