Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Michael Jordans Return

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like to hear what the feelings are on M J's return to the NBA.

Will he dominate or will he just be average?

Will he be able to carry the lowly Wizards to the playoffs?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Undecided

JH,

I'm not sure how he'll do. I don't think he'll be able to dominate like he once did but then again, what do I know.

The game has changed in my opinion since he last retired so the interesting thing will be how he adjusts (and how the league adjusts in return). With new defense rules this year (zones), I could see his jumper, if he still has it, killing teams.

~TB.

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Best

MJ is the best and always will be the best. He can take Iverson, Kobe and any other player in the NBA. He is just MJ He does things that you can't even believe. I think he will do very well bring the wizards to the playoffs and maybe a year from now and a few signings maybe a championship.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
While MJ is, according to Mr. Coppertone, still MJ, the rest of the Wizards are, according to every other NBA team who either released them or traded them away for cap space, pure crap.

Tyronn Lue, Popeye Jones, Chris Whitney, Jahaadi White, Christian Laettner, Tyrone Nesby and the high-school phenom Kwame Brown - these are the "tools" Jordan has to work with. He'll be a bloody miracle worker if he can make this team even close to a playoff contender. The only true players he has at his disposal are Courtney Alexander and Rip Hamilton who, and this is the best part, play the same damn position that Jordan does. I fail to see how they're going to benefit from the media frenzy and loss of minutes that comes along with Jordan's return. If anything, they'll get lost in the shuffle once Jordan realizes he has to play 30+ minutes per night if his team is to be somewhat competitive.

This is a business decision, regardless of how many times Jordan insists that he's returning for the love of the game. Jersey sales, increased television revenue, and the attempt to lure fans back into a brutal basketball market are the only motives behind the comeback of MJ. The best case scenario will see him tutor Hamilton and Alexander into solid NBA swingmen, in the hopes that they can carry the Wiz after Jordan retires (again) in two years. But that's about it. Once Jordan leaves again, the Wiz will still be, well, the Wiz.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said, Sensei

The Wizards will be crap, despite Jordan's 20 points per game. He will bring people into the arenas for awhile but people will realise just how bad the Wizards really are. They should be touring with the Harlem Globetrotters, as the Washington Generals would probably be a better NBA team. Teams must be crapping themselves when they see that deadly list of players, after a 37 year old Jordan........:)

Captain

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am glad to see MJ back. I don't think he will make a shite team better. MJ will get his points maybe even get in the top five of scoring leaders.

MJ will just get fcukin frustrated with his supporting cast. MJ will expect too much from a bunch of part-timers' that nobody wants, except maybe the grizzlies.

I have to admit, it will be great to watching "His Airness" this year.

whatshoeswilltheymakenowforjordan?

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MJ

In all his time in the league MJ has made guys around him that much better. I think that all the players on the team will benefit from his return. He will get doubled down on which will create openings all over the floor. I think all MJ needs is one or two more players to make them into a contender, and with Jordans rep he won't have a problem convincing guys to come to the wizards.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MJ

Make players better?? Two words

Luke Longly! Two more BJ armstong(or is that 3?)
Tell me how he makes players better? The guy is as black hole the ball go's in but doesn't come out. He takes 50 shots a night. The fact that He has 6 rings is that his team and coach run plays to get the fcuk out of his way! If anything he is going to hurt some of these young guns b/c they won't get a sniff!

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Complete Player

Anyone who thinks Jordan didn't help his teammates get better should have a chat with Scottie Pippen. Have you ever seen a guy who was concidered the second best player in the league with Jordan, fall on his ass without him?

Jordan will play more of a perimeter game and will dominate. The wiz are terrible but the new rules help because they can surround the zone with Alexander, Rip and Jordan. You don't need a point to play against the zone.

I am looking forward to seeing jordan again!! Maybe a Seattle Trip??

mexi

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MJ is MJ and will be the dominate player he was. He wouldn't come back if he couldn't be. Just like Mario last year when people said he wouldn't be the same, well he put up quite impressive numbers. I don't agree with him still playing if he's only play home games this year, but that's hockey so I'll leave that for now.

Micheal Jordan will be as dominate as he was. He may lose a stride but that's still leaps and bounds over all but a handfull of other NBA players. I look forward to seeing MJ vs Vince Carter. IMO the best two basketball players. MJ Past, Vince Future.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Knob

If you didn't see when MJ came back the first time didn't they win a championship the next year. When BJ armstrong and Luke Longley were playing with Jordan they probably had there best years in the NBA. As for 50 shots a game I think you are talking about Iverson. He is a hog that dosn't pass and takes at least 50 shots game.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MJ returns....

Jordan changes mind, will play on Thursday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

WILMINGTON, N.C. -- Ready or not, Michael Jordan will make his Washington Wizards debut on Thursday night against the Detroit Pistons.

A few hours after he said he would not play in the first two exhibition games, Jordan changed his mind because he did not want to disappoint thousands of fans who had already bought tickets in Detroit and Miami.

"After I made my first announcement earlier today, I realized that many fans purchased tickets to these games to see me in my return," Jordan said in a statement released Wednesday by the Wizards.

"I didn't want the fans to be disappointed, therefore I am altering my original plan and will play in Detroit and Miami," he said.

Jordan is expected to start both games, but his minutes will be limited, said Wizards spokesman Nick Brown.

Jordan initially decided not to play after speaking with Wizards coach Doug Collins prior to an open scrimmage Tuesday night.

"I opted not to play the first two games because physically I'm still working on trying to get my wind back, my legs underneath me and I think I can gain more from that than playing in exhibition games," Jordan had said as the Wizards broke training camp. "I have to be very patient because this is a very important time for me not to try to overdo it and try to go out and prove too much."

Jordan retired for a second time more than three years ago, but started working toward a return this summer by playing pickup games with NBA players.

His comeback was put in doubt when he broke two ribs during one of those games in June, and he said the injury remained a big reason why he is behind schedule.

"That set me way back," Jordan said. "Physically, I was running, jumping and everything was on key. I was out eight weeks, then I came back trying to rush back without going through my fitness, strength and conditioning, and that kind of put me behind the 8-ball.

"Now, I just have to be patient and make sure I'm going through the necessary steps."

Despite saying he would only practice once a day during training camp, Jordan went hard in both practices for the first two days of camp last week and was worn out by the third night.

At Collins' behest, Jordan spent the final six days of camp working on conditioning in the morning and practicing with the team in the evening.

A Pistons official said the team sold more 19,000 tickets in anticipation of Jordan's first preseason game Thursday, and Miami officials said only about 1,000 tickets were left for Saturday's game.

Meanwhile, the Wizards said they will hold a private intra-squad scrimmage at MCI Center next Tuesday for area police, fire, search and rescue, military and medical employees.

"This scrimmage is our way of saying thank you to all those helped the country in our time of need. We as an organization would like to acknowledge the local rescue efforts and let them know that we appreciate them and all of their hard efforts," said Abe Pollin, chairman of Washington Sports and Entertainment.

"They can come out to MCI Center with their family and friends and enjoy the game."

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
not a piss taking

This is not a piss taking! Just a question. Do you down load all that or did you sit and type it in?

knvbisstillarookieatthisstuff!:eek:

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knvb

Sensei is a writer and loves to write his novel post. Don't carve him just cause you can't read it all cause. You little brain gets to tired. It is alot of stuff to handle so take your time when you read it. Then get back to us after a week when your done.

KNVBisalittleslowsoyouhavetohelphimunderstand.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wanker

Fcuk me.

My brain gets tired just trying to read Coppertone's 'posts'. I shudder to think of what the fcuk the post above read like before he edited it...

~TB.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs

Some of us just try to get our point across and don't give a shite about grammar and punctuations. So if you don't like my posts don't read them.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs

That post was bad. From now on I will make sure to read over my post before I post them. Is that better for you?:D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts