Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Men Open] 2005 Provincial Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
What's really painful is trying to figure out what the hell kind of marbles are up in sid's melon!!! He can't spell, he can't decide who he supports or where he's from and he doesn't even know what team guys play for as he takes a very weak dig... I'd like to know what team he currently starts for??? :rolleyes:
ie.
"muppit" (good one Eire boy)...
"fcuk the valley " (wow, aren't you from the valley)...
"your wife picking you up from the drunk tank after your loss" (Sixfyv already lost in cup play TWICE this season)...

hewegoagainsidandguinnessputtingonthegloves!!! ;)
you claim to be Irish too --with a british passport!cant figure that one out
:rolleyes: you support a scottish team ,but you play for Eire in the nations cup :rolleyes: you said I am from the valley ?Is coquitlam in the valley :rolleyes: whong again half pint,whos the sausage jockey now Guinness ya cack sucker,what team do I play for?who cares!the valley is shite your a piece of shite who is mixed up about who you are,oh yeh ,next time I see you dont put on your fake stupid little northern Eire axcent ya fcuking orange cnut :eek:

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
wee cnutinness is just mad that sapperton is going to hammer the nation :mad: like I said before good players are asked to play for teams YOU ask teams if you could play for them :eek: anyways chea Heed good luck against sapperton youl need it

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild said:
the trueth hurts..........................I was referring to the underdog part!

This truth doesn't hurt at all actually. I(we) relish the idea of being the underdog this weekend. Nothing like playing with no expectations or pressure!

Sapperton in a cake walk......as expected by many. ;)

~Snoop underDog

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sid, did you forget to take your pills again??? :rolleyes: relax, it's only a match involving two teams that you're not a part of... simmer down republica!!! ;)

PAU in a HUGE upset!!!

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting keeper stood on his head, fantastic. Saved a penalty in regular time, then saved 2 in the PK"s the third shot went off the post.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off congrats to Sporting...............

I also heard the result (second hand info though) and one particular tid bit is that with approximately 1 minute left in OT Gorge pulled there monster of a keeper :rolleyes:

Of course all the armchair coaches will be second guessing but say that it is a strange move is a bit of an understatement considering his shere size if nothing else.

John

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
That is a huge result for Sporting (obviously).

Never would have predicted that...
I guess you would never have predicted pegs to be relegated either
:eek:

sid

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Result for the boys today :wa: :knvb: :bronco: . What John stated was true that they did take the giant out of net for the shootout, why, I guess only the coaches know.

Thanks for all the motivation for those that didn't pick us to win which was pretty much everyone except Jinky.

Game report will come tomorrow at one point when I am not so frickin tired.

Cheers
JB

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J_B said:
Thanks for all the motivation for those that didn't pick us to win which was pretty much everyone except Jinky.
JB
Makes me feel part of your victory.

Congratulations on an obviously very hard fought victory. Brum must have stood on his head. How did the massive crowd, let alone Gorge take the loss? Sportsman-like in defeat? Well there's no doubt who the TotW will be. Brum PotW?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just becuase we didnt expect you guys to win, doesnt mean we weren't pulling for you.

If that is the case...Sporting to lose to whomever they play next week.

Brum sucks.
bring back Sensei!

godfather

Jan 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got the call from the island yesterday,Sporting did dominate from start to finish and were unlucky not to get a peno in regulation.Brum did save a peno in regulation time but that's all Gorge had,Sporting was clearly the better team.Good luck boys next week i won't be there and Brum well done buddy.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
Sapp, in another PAU OT thriller

I played my first men's premier game for Sapperton in Sept '83 and here we are 20+ years later. :)

I know the team changed over the years but there are a lot of Sapperton old boys out there from the 70's, 80's, and 90's...most of all Freddy Powell who lives and breathes the Sapperton tradition. Some notable Sapperton greats and characters: Lindsay Henderson, Arnie Meers, Ian Farquhar, Neville Abreo, Mark Thomas, Jan Kirsebom, Doug Munn (I'm playing with his kid now), Billy Anderson, Al Mcintosh, Todd Crowley, "Jimmy" and his chicken, Roy Melville, Mark Greenslade, Greg Conway, Bobby Arnason, Gary Pelzer, Dave West, + (sorry if I missed you) more that Freddy could tell you about for hours. :rolleyes:

and of course, last but not least, Don Smith. :cool:

Just thought I'd mention some history about Sapperton as I cross paths with this club 20 years later.

Cheers to all the Sapperton boys from years past.

Can't get enough of that S-A-P....

:D

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great win for us yesterday!

I do think we were the more dangerous team throughout the run of play with the Gorge relying on counter attacks to get most of their chances. We had one called back about 15-20min in when JB crossed the ball to me and I headed what i thought was a square ball to Steve Dormer on the penalty spot who then slotted it in, but the linesman called it offside. About 5 minutes after that, they get a dubious P.K. call when the linesman call a hand ball on Ryan Dormer after he blocked a cross from not even 5 feet away. It was totally ball to hand not hand to ball, plus the ball would of hit him in the chest if it didn't hit his arm. Anyways, my bro talks to the ref about the call and apparently he says "it's justice" WHAT!?!?! brutal. Anyways, Brum comes up with a big save. Later in the half the Gorge keeper makes an amazing save off Rosencrans and we stayed tied going into half.

Second half a couple more chances, we had 5 corners in a row as chances were getting deflected or blocked and the Gorge getting upset for time wasting as our player had to run from corner to corner a few times to take the kick :rolleyes: . The last one went off on of their defenders, off the post and out, so we should have had a 6th even, but it was called a goalkick. Late in the half, a scuffle between Ryan Dormer, Gorge keeper and a defender ends up going out for a throw. I pick up the ball and throw it in and get it laid back to me. Whistle blows as ref says play has not started yet just as i play the ball into the gap the Gorge sweeper takes my leg out with the ball clearly 5 feet away from me at least. He's already sitting on a yellow, but get's nothing for this because "play wasn't on." So apparently you are allowed to go up to someone and kick them across the legs as long as the ball is not in play!?!?! Horrendus stuff.

Overtime our legs were getting heavy and the quality of soccer was going down the tubes. 2nd half of OT Gorge get a free kick on top of the 18. Shot was put over the wall but Brian made an amazing save to tip it over the bar. Gorge back-up keeper gets subbed in and apparently is unbelievable on PK's according to one of their strikers, but he's only 5'9'' or something. The bigger keeper would have been much more intimidating. Anyways, Gorge choose to shoot first and Brum stops it. We score 1-0, then 1-1, 2-1, then Brum with another save, then their keeper makes a save, then 2-2, then 3-2, and then their 5th shooter gets Brum going the wrong way but hits the post and we win.

The Gorge players were top notch after the game, but i know the few fans we did have out there were taking quite the abuse during the game. Nice to see some Portuguese fans from Victoria out to support us. On to the Semi's.

Cheers,

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sid said:
you claim to be Irish too --with a british passport!cant figure that one out
:rolleyes: you support a scottish team ,but you play for Eire in the nations cup :rolleyes: you said I am from the valley ?Is coquitlam in the valley :rolleyes: whong again half pint,whos the sausage jockey now Guinness ya cack sucker,what team do I play for?who cares!the valley is shite your a piece of shite who is mixed up about who you are,oh yeh ,next time I see you dont put on your fake stupid little northern Eire axcent ya fcuking orange cnut :eek:

Someone clearly concerned and unsure of their legal standing and with a slim comprehension of the English language said:
COMMON SENSE IS THE RULE OF THE SITE AND RACIST REMARKS/DISCUSSIONS ARE NOT FOR HERE.

Would this be an opportune time to nip in with one of my hilarious gags about the new goose-stepping war-coward Pope? Who'd have thought a kraut would be the first to the best seat in the Vatican by throwing down his beach towel and claiming ownershop of Pope Idol?

That's not racist, hypocritical, scathing or anti-Catholic. It's political. Like Sid's post......

To stay on topic, well played the pork and cheese. Terrific to see.

What a pisstake.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0 for the Slurrey U. Thugs over the Wack boys.
Blakes with the winner in the second, nil-nil at the half, Wack did very well on the day.

All from Scoop Demo.

hos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0