Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Men of the Matches

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe this thread will fly, maybe it won't...

Here's an opportunity to give teammates a bit of recognition every week for having a great match. Let's keep the piss taking to a minimum (we have a thread for that). At the end of the season, we can see whose name has come up the most!

I'll start things off: Week 7,
SFC (1) vs. Poco Dominion (4). We (SFC) were extremely unimpressive (obviously), but recognition needs to go out to our back-up keeper, Brian McNeil, who came in at 3-0, and turned away a slew of good chances for Poco. He couldn't really be faulted on the one goal he had against. Vocal and strong in the box.

Tough call for the Poco lads...nobody really stood out, but the team played really well as a unit. I'd have to say Greg Burkett (sp?) had a really strong match- starting at sweeper, then moving to mid in the 2nd. 90 strong minutes.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU vs. PAU

No one from PAU stood out as far as TheRob is concerned, but Robbie Mills was outstanding for GEU. He's been the Man of the Match many times already this year. GEU's best signing in years.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,
Good idea on the thread.

Greg didn't start on the back line, I think you might be thinking of Scott Parker.

I though Mat Eddy and Ryan Peterson had strong games for Poco.
Mat got us going early with some strong running that opened up your backline and RP did well in the centre of the park.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
SFC (1) vs. Poco Dominion (4). Brian McNeil, who came in at 3-0, and turned away a slew of good chances for Poco. He couldn't really be faulted on the one goal he had against. Vocal and strong in the box.

Greg Burkett had a really strong match- starting at sweeper, then moving to mid in the 2nd. 90 strong minutes.

Good call on the Man of the match on SFC. House was quickly arrested for impersonating a keeper and Brian did very well between the posts.

Greg did have a strong game, but he never played on the backline nor did he play 90 minutes. Man of the Match for PoCo had to be RP. He's the guy that put PoCo's forth goal in off a corner. He was all over the park and was a big reason SFC could not get anything going in the middle of the park.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought for sure he did...maybe he was playing defensively then. It doesn't matter...your sweeper was barely needed in the 1st...

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by LucVanLierde
pau- skilled lebanese looking guy with pace who scored

1 out of 3 ain't bad.
He does have pace.
Skill? :rolleyes:
He's not Lebanese.
He's "Rich" arab like Saudi or Dubai or Kuwait or Brazil. :D

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
?

Is this the same Brian McNeil whose family comes from Belfast? About 29 years old?

If so, say hello for me, it's been years.......

Oh the good old days.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice blend.....

Originally posted by Rangerforever

1 out of 3 ain't bad.
He does have pace.
Skill? :rolleyes:
He's not Lebanese.
He's "Rich" arab like Saudi or Dubai or Kuwait or Brazil. :D

It's a bit of Kuwait, with a pinch of Iran and a dash of Turkey........and a whole lot of terrorist :D

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: allways looking for a few good men

Originally posted by Sage

It's a bit of Kuwait, with a pinch of Iran and a dash of Turkey........and a whole lot of terrorist :D

Sage sounds like you should be at one of my training camps.

Ps. when I saw you posted in this thread I though you might be voting for yourself. You did get the winner on the weekend, didn't you? Well done, its about time:D

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN 3 Surrey 1

Gn --- #13 Ravi Turre scored two nice goals
Surrey --- #1, their keeper played well including a nice PK save

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC- Brian McNeil kept us in it late in saving a PK (phantom call though; what was the foul, obstruction???)

Also, a couple of call-ups to help. Bryan Halvorsen (sp?) from the Rangers scored our goal, and looked great all match. Young Andrew Van Vliet from our youth team played well, and Luis Ramirez from the Royals stepped in and showed why he belongs up.

In truth, we all played well. Tough loss boys.

hubs

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
keeps

Man of the match for Langley, pretty much the same every week was the keeper. Makes timely saves consistently. Now if we could only score. The 7 pau scored you ask. We hung him out to dry. Oh yeah you take your life in your hands when you enter his box....... Chilliwacks man was the native fellow on the right. Strong powerful and very quick.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That native guy is good. Can't remember where I've seen him before (has he always been w/ TP, or was he an old Chahalis Chief???). Anyhow, he's always been good. Classy too (not cheep, doesn't get involved in the after play stuff at all).

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta-PAU

from Delta, skillful center midfielder, was wearing gloves (i think he might have had red hair). Sprayed the ball around nicely for them. For our team...............nobody:(

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts