Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

McGregor vs. Mayweather

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd like to see McGregor get knocked down twice and then come back and knock Mayweather out, but that isn't going to happen. Conor will either win this in the first round due to a brawl and confusion, or he will get bapped in the head for a pile of rounds and lose.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict the fight doesn't start/finish, there will be some sort of brawl and all hell will break loose.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am actually looking forward to this,
I am not a Mayweather fan at all. Would love to see mayhem ensue and Mayweather tapping out.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mayweather via decision. McGregor is bigger has better power and is younger. However Floyd is the best defensive boxer of all time and they're using 10oz gloves which will reduce the sting of Conor's impact if he can land clean on Floyd. Regardless I'll be tuning in. Routing for McGregor.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My head says Mayweather is going to punish and outclass but the unknown here the yappy little pikey can pull off.

I hope it lasts long is all to get an entertaining bout out of the hype.

The pressers should be fun for sure. :D

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mayweather will own Connor. No chance in hell for the Irishman at boxing. Killers in the game like manny, Canelo, cotto, de la Hoya, sugar Shane etc, who've been boxing since they were kids, couldn't beat Floyd but this dude with no experience is gonna beat him? Serious? Haha

Having said that, I'll bet on Conor because the odds are too juicy not too :p

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a lose / lose for mayweather (not really cause he's aiming for a 100k payout...) but if he wins he's beaten a mma fighter which is obvious and if he loses then he lost to a mma fighter....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
source.gif

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe the biggest money fight ever (actually, I don't even know if that's true), but by far not the biggest fight ever.

Count me intrigued, and may find a way to watch.
I think it is the biggest fight ever. It's the biggest name in boxing vs the biggest name in mma and covers all grounds of interest. It will break all ppv records and numbers and already has over $60m in gate attendance. Mayweather is arguably the greatest boxer of all time and Conor is the biggest mma star yet. You have the legendary fights like Ali vs Foreman,but when you look at it on a global scale and what it was back then and what it is now, I personally just don't see anything bigger than this weekends event.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No way, not even close to the impact worldwide. Worldwide, everyone knows this is a money scam, a sideshow. Nobody in their right mind would call Mayweather the greatest of all time when Ali lived in a period when Boxing was arguably the biggest sport on the planet, and the competition far more fierce.

Don't get me wrong, I want to watch, but I know I'm watching a freak-show, or a car wreck, between an aged great fighter well past his prime, and- at best- a great brawler. This fight only exists because there simply aren't enough great boxers anymore in any class to create a more compelling match-up.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm basing my impact world wide on how easily accessible this fight is with internet and television. The "biggest fight" even if it is a freak show (completely agree it is) is strictly numbers, biggest payouts, biggest gate, most ppv buys. Without a doubt what Ali did for boxing, human rights, equality, he is head and shoulders above the rest. I prefer Ali myself, love me some Iron Mike too and even though Mayweather is a pompous punk, he's an incredible boxer.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But that's just it, it's only about the numbers, but nothing actually meaningful. No matter what the result, it settles nothing. Floyd wins, it's the expected result. Floyd loses, it's because he's old, and past it. Really, there is nothing else but big money on the line. No world title, and really, no real bragging rights as to what faction of fighting is better. Freak show, that's it. May be a great freak show, so I don't want to miss it.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
But that's just it, it's only about the numbers, but nothing actually meaningful. No matter what the result, it settles nothing. Floyd wins, it's the expected result. Floyd loses, it's because he's old, and past it. Really, there is nothing else but big money on the line. No world title, and really, no real bragging rights as to what faction of fighting is better. Freak show, that's it. May be a great freak show, so I don't want to miss it.
Agreed, go Conor. Would love to see that left land clean.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This fight only exists because there simply aren't enough great boxers anymore in any class to create a more compelling match-up.

Canello vs GGG is a few weeks away and both world class. They would kill Conor at Boxing. Floyd is passed it and most people give Conor a punchers chance. Against Canello or GGG he would have zero chance imo. Both killers in their prime in boxing.

Lomachenko is considered a great with only 10 pro fights. He's a lot lighter than Conor tho.

Just had one of the best heavy weight fights in a long time a couple months ago with Joshua beating Klitchko.

My point is, there are a lot of great boxers out there. But there is only one that can generate the hype and money and that's Mayweather. Same can be said about Conor, no other MMA fighter has the star power like he does to make a fight like this happen but there are a lot of great mma fighters out there.

If you recall a few years back there were rumours with, at the time best 'pound for pound' fighter, Anderson Silva vs Roy Jones Jr.... but that fight never materialized.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canello vs GGG is a few weeks away and both world class. They would kill Conor at Boxing. Floyd is passed it and most people give Conor a punchers chance. Against Canello or GGG he would have zero chance imo. Both killers in their prime in boxing.

Lomachenko is considered a great with only 10 pro fights. He's a lot lighter than Conor tho.

Just had one of the best heavy weight fights in a long time a couple months ago with Joshua beating Klitchko.

My point is, there are a lot of great boxers out there. But there is only one that can generate the hype and money and that's Mayweather. Same can be said about Conor, no other MMA fighter has the star power like he does to make a fight like this happen but there are a lot of great mma fighters out there.

If you recall a few years back there were rumours with, at the time best 'pound for pound' fighter, Anderson Silva vs Roy Jones Jr.... but that fight never materialized.

Triple GGG

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts