Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mayors and Train Wrecks

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How much longer can Rob Ford hang on? Either the Tornoto Star newspaper have been set up or Mayor Ford and his brother councillor are going to crash.
Two months ago the brothers looked like godsends. Older brother Dougie announced he was going to run for the Conservatives and younger brother Rob was pushing a low taxes - stong police presence agenda.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The whole saga says to me WAY MORE about the state of the fifth estate these days...

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, on the murder scandal. Little is out there on it. I figure that the dude who had taken the video was trying to extort Robby. Then, the other dirtbags figured they would like to get in on it, or kill the guy off and take the video/cell phone and do their own extorting. Rob pays the money they are asking, but they keep a copy of it and are now getting $200k from the newspaper for it.

Let's see the video of mayor chasing the dragon.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yesterday, the Globe and Mail ran a piece about Ford's 10 year old conviction in Florida for drunk driving and having pot in his car. The Florida police stopped him because he was driving at night with his car lights off. Ford was so stoned he thought that no-one could see him if the car lights were off.
Today, two more of his personal staff resigned. Five of his staff have now left. Something about a sinking ship.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PV yore meen. Yore not alloud to mok the saveyore uv Torronna becuz he saves the ciddy munny. I no 4 a fact that the hole traler park voted for him becuz thay all sed so. U peepul R all pinkos liek the Star cuz U pik on R best mare evur nd keap rpeting thos lies! U must all B on crak. Mare Rob has nuthin to worre aboot cuz we beleve in him so he will win the next ulekshun.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like and then type TTP to see the video magically appear :rolleyes:

Sexy Soccer Girls 2-826542.jpg

~facebookcultureisforidiots

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like a lot of bad scenarios, you have to presume innocence till someone is proven guilty of something.

Gawker and The Star should be ashamed of themselves... Ooh, we got to see a video of Rob Ford, instead of doing something clever to acquire it we'll just run stories on how we saw it. Shoddy journalism at it's finest.

He's probably guilty, but there's a right way and a wrong way to go about reporting things like this.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
freddy, my thoughts are that where there's smoke there's fire...but I'm not a "respected" news media outlet. If Ford had any guts and was 100% Sure he's not smoked crack and there's no video of him doing so, he'd probably be wise to sue the pants off of the Star and Gawker.

Sir M- Brilliant!!!

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, I don't think he is a crack head. The guy is enormous - aren't most crack heads skinny and sickly looking? I wouldn't be surprised to find out they had some choice budder-hash or something like that in the bowl:wa: But, I agree with the smoke/fire comment. I think there is a lot more to this story. Everyone around him is fleeing - and I suspect they are doing that so they don't get taken down in his pile of muck. What does puzzle me is why this video hasn't come out yet. Surely this story is now worth way more than $200k. These headlines have been in all papers across North America. Everyone loves dirty laundry.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Sorry, this story is not available."

Freddy - makes for a better conspiracy if Ford's lawyers have tracked down the video and bought it and the filmer to keep things quiet...:rolleyes:

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The whole saga says to me WAY MORE about the state of the fifth estate these days...

The Toronto Star handled this story very well. The Ford Nation complaint to the Press Council was rejected, even before the Police Chief dropped the bombshell last week. Got to admire Rob Ford's spunk, to refuse to take a leave of absence and to issue a vague insincere apology.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The MEDIA in this country is a joke at present. I know the Mayor of Toronto being accused of illicit drug use is a big story, but the Media in this country has gotten completely out of hand. Reporting not-news as news without the facts on hand to corroborate stories...has Ford been arrested? Charged? no. Why should he resign? Should Campbell have resigned when he was caught and given a DUI on Maui?

You have 3 CPC Senators and Harper being a big news story, but does anyone here even know the name Raymond Lavigne? Of course not, a LPC Senator actually is found to be criminally responsible (and is still eligible to collect his Senate Pension of $79k per annum) for something and sent to jail and the Media Party (CTV/CBC/Globe/Etc) buries it somewhere on page 7 or 8 and yet 3 senators, including 2 former media heavyweights (snickering at Duffy's obesity, sorry Pamela) who get into something that can be perceived as damning to Harper and it's front page news somehow.

The Media reports on the enviro-retards demonstrating on Clark's Lawn and yet REFUSE to report and investigate the enviro-idiots claims of people with burning skin in the shower, "gas station smelling kitchens after running tap water" and "oily films being left on cars after washing them" yet- all coming from Fracking.... how do you get an oily film on a car from Methane Gas extraction? I don't know- heavens forbid ACTUAL facts get in the way of a good story.

For.Fcuks.Sakes.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0