Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mayan Riviera!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sup Homies!

Im looking to go to the Mayan Riviera, early next year. Just curious on who's been, where you've stayed and what you've done. Looking for atleast a 4 star. I want to stay away from the spring break crowd too. Ive heard good things on Barcelo's, RIU's and Dreams. Anyone been cave diving or done the Ruins? Hopefully this doesn't cost and arm and a leg. Thanks Amigo's! Cascade.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brilliant Berg - When do we go? :you-rock:

You have to love this:

"The above fare covers ALL ADULT ENTERTAINMENT (there are no hidden charges)!"

Cascade:

Gran Bahia Principe as well as Palladium are both nice as well.
Good food and nice places.
I've heard Iberostar is also good.

I've not been to Chichinizia (sp?) but hear it's cool if you're into that kind of thing.
I've been to Tuulum but the ruins are fairly small there but with a nice beach.
It's more commericialzed now than it was 20 years ago.

Shel-ha (sp?) is also nothing compared to what it was way back in the day and is a shame its this all inclusive gong show now.
The water's cloudy and its overpacked and not sure if you're better off hiring a boat and a skip and just snorkling elsewhere where you can find majestic places like, 20 years ago...

Have fun.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brilliant Berg - When do we go? :you-rock:

You have to love this:

"The above fare covers ALL ADULT ENTERTAINMENT (there are no hidden charges)!"

As soon as I have the cash :wa:

You going to be at the Dover on the 28th? Got invited by a diehard Ranger to come see what a "real Derby" is like (He laughed when I mentioned the Derby della Madonnina)...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks KNVB. Were you at the Barcelo Maya Palace, Maya Beach, Maya Tropical or Marina Palace?? lol Im leaning toward the Barcelo's seem top notch. Grand Riviera Princess, Dreams and Grand Palladium seem awesome too.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point.

All those places have great water filtration systems Cascade.
It's when you go to places to eat sometimes like in Playa Del Carmen or little cantinas off the beat and track you may need to pack the immodium...

No go at the Dover Berg for the big match as I'm in Whistler that week.
The atmosphere is really cool and hopefully, for an SPL game, you'll find it exciting.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We stayed in the Barcelo Maya Palace, which is connected to the Beach resort... We had full access to both resorts with the palace wrist band. There is daily footy games on the FULL side pitch as well as the beach court. Futsol court as well.

That said, I've seen you play, may I suggest a water sport? Co-ed water polo is always fun.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Done MR several times. The Grand Palladium is massive, but a great resort. They have an adult only area called the "The Royal Suites". You get unlimited imported drinks, get to wear a platinum wristband, and get priority service all over the resort. As in, break out the good stuff for me while to peasants drink the swill, as in jump to the front of the cart line while others watch and wait for the next one. Woth the extra few bucks, especially on the drinks.

Stayed here as well this summer:
AZUL Fives Hotel by Karisma

If you are looking for something smaller, this is a great spot, but the beach isn't as good as the Grand Palladium. The GP is just simply massive, whereas Azul Fives is more intimate, but the quality is spectacular. Some good nightclubs, and should be packed then. Food there is bar none the best I've ever had at any resort.

As for activities...you will want to do the Cenotes for sure, but try and find a smaller tour company off resort. The Cenotes are really punched out now, as opposed to 15 years ago when I first went to the area on my honneymoon (not as old as RF, who was there during the Ford Administration). That being said, the Cenotes are still a great day of snorkling. You just want to be in a small group where you can actually get in some dives and aren't herded in and out, and forced to wear a life preserver.

There is one tour that takes you to Turtle Bay. Avoid it. The bay is destroyed now, and just a money grab.

Xel Ha is also an all inclusive trap. I'd give that a miss, too.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats awesome dude, cheers. Azul Fives looks really nice. The time im looking at going Barcelo Maya Palce is around 1450 each. Would Azul be similiar? It looks tre chic.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That I couldn't tell you...we went down there this year w/ both the kids, and rented the 2 bedroom pad so we could get more space...which ended up being a significantly spacious condo. I'm sure the junior suites are reasonable, and all you need for you and Berg.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0