Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Matt Cooke - the latest in the soap opera

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cooke ready to sit
September 7 @ 9:00 AM
The contract talks between Matt Cooke and the Vancouver Canucks may have hit a wall, writes the Vancouver Sun.
Despite several offers tendered by Canucks GM Dave Nonis, all have been rejected by Cooke and his agent Pat Morris.
It's believed Cooke is looking for a two-year deal worth $1.25 to $1.5 miilion.
"I'm not going to get into any numbers publically,' Cooke told the Sun. "It's not a public battle. It's a battle between Pat and Dave and myself. I believe in what I believe. This is what I've set myself up to do and I'm willing to be patient if that's what I need to do. I just want fair market value, that's all I want."
So sit then Matt! With the new CBA it may be tough for him to get the money that he wants!

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly, fcuk Cooke and all this crap...after the labour strife, if he wants to play hard-ball, let him sit or trade him...we've got plenty of good, young players that are ready to take his roster spot, and the 'Nucks don't need to deal with his demands or the public relations fiasco this has become. If he won't sign, get rid of him or let him sit. Easy decision, and get on without him. I, for one, like Cooke as a player and what he brings to the team, but he's being a baby. $1.25 million is a raise over his last contract, and he's an idiot not to sign it. Therefore, on his ass he should sit. I won't shed any tears over it.

~Shaven

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0