Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Matrix: Revolutions

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As the most religious movie I've seen since The Ten Commandments, I was disapointed to find that all the hopes and expectations that were alluded to in the first Matrix were dashed in favour of a quasi-philisophical adaptation of Jesus of Nazareth. The Christian overtones are a cop-out for two movie-writing brothers that wanted to build on the imagination of a fabulous idea but then quickly realized that they couldn't. Shame.

Just as distance is made from the concept of a real world vs. computer world, so too action is action with Sentinels chosen over physics-defying action in the Matrix. And that's what, I think, is really missing in this movie. What I liked so much about I and II were the amazing sequences staged in a computer world where physical limitations are thrown out the window.

Conversly, in III, action is conducted in dark, grungy places (mostly Zion), and Matrix battles -- when present -- are set on wet rainy nights. It's dark, depressing and deprives the viewer of what made the first two great.

Nevertheless, the technical aspects are second to none, and the CGI incorporation is flawless. For pure action entertainment, it rolls with guns blazing; but if you're hoping for a unique explaination and conclusion you'll find none here.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
but if you're hoping for a unique explaination and conclusion you'll find none here.
The movie or your review?

~Regswhoneverunderstoodthecultfollowingofthefirst :rolleyes:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I forgot to mention: Persephone (Monica Bellucci), the Frenchman's wife, wears a dynamite rubber outfit that accentuates two of her best features. She enough to make even an upset Scotsman blush.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Part III is always overrated...

Although I can't really translate what Keeps said, I'm glad I watched the pirated version of this movie. I think I'd spend more cashola on viewing Scary Movie III. :eek:.

Keeps, I actually can't wait for your review on Lord of the Rings III (I hear it will be the best of the three)
:)

+SCinlatelatereview...again:eek:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts