Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Masters Cup Format??????? What the FCUK

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EARSTOYA

Can anyone explain how this draw works. Last time I checked the standings we were on top. Now based on goals for... shouldn't we finish ahead of Aldergrove. Regardless of who finishes first between Aldergrove and us (S.F.C. /VANCOUVER FIREMEN) Why are two teams with seven points playing each other and,two teams with four( Sap) and six points ( Acad) playing in the other so called semi final. Where is the seeding in this draw.igottaapillowandyougottagloc.boohoohoo.

sillyrabbit

Aug 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HUH

You got me, It was my understanding that 2 of the 3 second place teams would play and the winner of that game would play the other 2nd place finisher for the 4th semi spot...

Is the board changing things on the run?

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the horses mouth.

The winner of Sapp. vs Acad. will play the Firefighters next week for the 4th spot in the Masters Cup Semi-final.
Rabbit, I assumed you were dead or just not allowed out anymore.:eek:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boyle is that you?

Who knows what this league is up to? I think BullyB is right you guys play the winner of Sapless and Academic-HO.

Why you guys did not finish first in the group I do not know!!

E

EARSTOYA

Playoff Cup Format

Rabbit & others...We don't quite understand the format either...seems SU is1st PA 2nd and the winner between Surrey FCFF and Aldergrove should make up the 3rd place spot. The winner between Acad. and Sapp should play the loser of the game between Alder and SurreyFCFF to determine the 4th spot. Clear as mud eh?????.Anybody know different????. How do I get the dancing banana in my pants....oops I mean rants....??

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seal

You haven't had a dancing banana for years I hear.:wa:

It's good to see your still alive and kicking.

Acid Tongue

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup Draw / Format?

Seal

The way you have explained this seems to make sense.Does anyone know if it is available (format) on FVSL WWW?And if so where? Maybe this is all word of mouth passed down from the league (Fugie).

Cheers,

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy shite, there are other firefighters posting, and on the Master's thread for that. We truly have reached a new horizon.

Welcome,............ finally, fellas. Let's liven it up a bit. BullyB thinks your uniforms are rather poofterish. He told me straight to my ear. I told him, you better watch it BullyB. They'll be awfully pissed if they hear you say that, and besides they won them in a soccer tourney and they can't let them go to waste.

I think they look just fine. :D But not BullyB.:confused: :eek:

Acid Tongue

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Uniforms/ Lack of banter participation

UNIFORMS

I think we can all agree there is better kit out there. I would even go so far and admit the all Blacks kit is pretty good. What a shame though that no other teams from the other over 35's leagues wil get to see them during Provincials, sad really.

Thanks Ballbaby for pointing out that we won these Uni's @ the Emergency Services Tournament .After we beat our bro's from SFD in the final. Great game actually even ask Toes he was there with the rest of the finest watching the final.

Sorry for our lack of participation on this forum the last two seasons. We firemen have found the banter to be very amusing and quite entertaining. We just did not feel right about interrupting the little luv'in ,Menage A Trois, between toes , babe and bully. We had started to wonder why it was called take the piss? ;)

We have enjoyed our time in the league so far. No Training(ever) , No coach, No starting lineup, Play as much as you want(can) and lots of cold ones. Killkenny mmmmmm!(just try it Bully)

Cheers, To all the old, fat ,brok'n downcripples. The rest of you are my Idols

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AllTired&FairlyEvolved.(ATAFE)

ATAFE.
I suppose you big clubs like pickin' on us new boys from the backwoods of Noel Booth. Drawing from the hords of Firefighters that play footy might have something to do with your success but with one or two fine adjustments, the All Blacks promise to be a thorn in the side of you big clubs for the next few years to come.

As for that kit, its shocking, they're givin' out free shirts at HomeDepot this weekend. Orange goes with yellow, that would be a good away kit for ya.

I suppose you lot will be "pitchin' the tent" when you play Aldergrove, I might be so kind as to guard your cooler for u.;)

PS nolovelost4those2shiista'sToe&Babe

Acid Tongue

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Orange Shirts

Hey!

Do you happen to know which Home Depot? Noth'n wrong with orange. Or now are you tak'n the mick out of all the Dutch Lads?

Cheers,

Kilkenny cream ale The Perfect Pint:knvb:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OF&FI

Kilkenny is a great beer, even in the can. However at this very moment, I am indulging myself with a can of Budweiser. It'll do!

Good luck this weekend all.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OF&FI

Kilkenny is a great beer, even in the can. However at this very moment, I am indulging myself with another can of Budweiser. It'll do!

Oh yeah, better stay on topic. What's with this Master's Cup format anyway? :rolleyes:

Acid Tongue

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You da man

Glad to see you've got good taste when it comes to your beve's. I'm starting to worry less about you three all the time.Now if only one of your threesome would stop hanging out with winnie the pooh at Starbucks and we stop using words like" poofterish".We might have to put one (Kilkenny) on the line the next time we play.

PS I will be posting on the over 30 's thread from now on.

Cheers:wa:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey!!!

OFFI,

There is nothing wrong with;

Starbucks (mmmmmmmmm java)
Piglet
Winnie The Pooh or Tigger too! (my wee daughters favorite)
Fromage A trois (or whatever it was you where referring to Bawlbaby eating;) )
PA uniforms
drinkin after a tough game (only reason to play)
sharing stories
watchin a good match at the Emerg Service Tourney (your right it was a good tilt)
Playin' fitba well into your ninties (like Ian Farquar (sp?) of SU he has to be at least 89)
or finally a good ole pint of Kilkenny

As far as Pully-P goes he's shite along with the rest of that mob he does the Haka with....:wa: BullyBhasNOhammockFORhisBANANA:cool:

Bawlbaby,

I thought you Greeks drank ouzo and ate lamb after games?:p

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seal,

I'm not sure but maybe this will help. A quote from the head cheese himself;

"An update on Masters Cup:

SFC Firefighters and Aldergrove will be playing this weekend to determine 1st and 2nd place in their group. The loser of that match will play the winner of the Academico / Sapperton match (2nd place finishers in the other 2 groups) to determine the fourth semi-finalist.

The Executive held a draw last night for the Cup semi-finals with the following result:

Semi-final One: Surrey United vs Peace Arch United
Semi-final Two: Winner of Firefighters/Aldergrove vs eventual winner of second-place finishers (ie. either FF, Aldergrove, Academico or Sapperton).

All matches from today on must be played to a conclusion which means overtime (golden goal) if needed, and kicks from the penalty mark if needed. Overtime 2 x 15 minutes.

Assuming no rainouts: semi-finals to be played March 9."

Ssweeper

Jul 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all greek to me

I thought you Greeks drank ouzo and ate lamb after games

not quite! Drink ouzo and shag lamb after games:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet