Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

March Madness 2003

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fukc

Longest 7 minutes ever!!!

I went for a run with 7 min to go 20 minutes later I get back and theres one minute left.

Holy Long game Batman!!!!

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all about the pride. That and the beer $51 is gonna get me.
On the plus side Vegas was very very good to me this weekend.
Remember Black is your friend when playing roulette. Always hit 16 when dealer is showing face and never ever play poker with guys who look like they belong on a Italian themed TV show.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats BA!!!

What pools are next?

Funny you should ask... the biggest of them all will be announced tomorrow...

Chick Tourney 2003

One $51 cheque coming up!

Cheers,

~Regs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good stuff, Blazearmy. You certainly got no help from Dartsinthehood. He tells me every day that he took a different team to win it all. I'm pretty sure he mentioned Syracuse about an hour ago......:)

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Syracuse used to be a school known for having a grad with the hottest wife (Rony Siekaly and Elsa Benitez), but now they can add a National Championship banner in the Carrier Dome. Carmelo Anthony not only has the sweetest name in NCAA hoops, but the guy is money in the bank. My "One Shining Moment" happened after the game on National Television.........

Right now, I don't give a shite about North Carolina

Roy Williams after Bonny Bernstein (if CBS is going to hire a female reporter, at least make sure she's hot) asks Coach Williams not once, but twice about the vacant Tar Heel position. CBS cronies must have either had a heart attack or gone into a cold sweat as The panel of Gumbel, Kellog and Izzo had a "WTF" look on their faces.

March Madness rocks!

Sandman

PS: Duke 03/04 National Champs;)

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will have to be content with being the extreme three point champion. BA, you're from t-town right? You should pop by. DI's bringing the bullets next time.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clearly Williams has already taken the vacant job at UNC. The Dean Dome will be rockin again.:rolleyes:

ParkheadwantsanyonetowinotherthanDuke

Dartsinthehood

Mar 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sour Captain

Hey Captain, just because your range of knowledge towards the NCAA or any other basketball, for that matter is as extensive as an elephant's ability to fly, it doesn't mean that you have to manufacture stories. Yes I did say that cuse had a good shot to win today but my two teams from the start were Marquette and Kansas you know as well as I do that when it comes time to take sides in the Madness period your always consult my expertise.

BTW, Captain remind me to speak to you on how we can eliminate One Dart's negative effect on our all time coaching record. I feel that he brings our abilities down, but I do think that he will enhance our BS level in CA RI. Now that the total package has flown off into the yonder.

PS Army learned everything he knows aboput pools from me and he knows that I won the VMSL pool with my cross with two minutes left, pure magic.

:p :p :p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
but my two teams from the start were Marquette and Kansas

Nice one, Pinocchio(sp?). If you consider the Elite Eight the start, then you're spot on. When the TOURNAMENT started, you had them nowhere to be seeen. Anyway, you're a good story teller and I will give that to you......:eek:

Yes, One Dart is killing us but what can you do? He is a student teacher and we can't hold that against him. He is learning a few things, like how much large slurpees cost when other people buy them for him, and also how to fool the Captain into believing that he might actually buy him a Dasani water. This will help him a lot when he is coaching his own team in the Catholic school system. With a .500 coaching record, he might have a hard time cutting it in either school system but hopefully, we can help him out with a 'W' tomorrow. :)

Off to school now.....

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Blazearmy and the Orangemen, who may have just produced the finest freshman in NCAA basketball history. Too bad my-Melo-my-man probably won't stick around to become the greatest sophmore in NCAA basketball history. The guy is, as Sandman put it, money in the bank.

KNVB, I will get working on that case of Canadian, and an subsequent delivery time/date. Maybe the opening day of I-Tie league? I will let you know.

Roy Williams needs to get the fcuk out of dodge, or Phog Allen Fieldhouse. He's jinxed. It seems more and more likely that he'll end up at UNC, a move which I actually DON'T like, but it seems as though he's clearly the #1 replacement for Doherty in Baddour's mind.

....only time will tell....

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr Dartsinthehood.

The way i hear it it was all BR's doing that won the game and nothing about no cross. Parents may be gone till next weekend. if so, Blaze soiree at Chez Army saturday will be called. You know the rules. It's a 2 girl minumum to get in and the hot tub amd hopefully the pool will be open. You however are not allowed to come due to your inability to not teabag your host during past efforts.

How in god's name is it possible to raise the BS level:eek: in Campbell River with you and the Captain already there.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
by Stewart Mandel

Farewell, four-year plans: Freshmen lead Syracuse to first national title

NEW ORLEANS -- You know, this new era of college basketball might not be so bad after all.

There were times during this often tumultuous, sometimes disturbing season when it was easy to think otherwise.

But then came Monday night.

There will be plenty of opportunities to discuss the St. Bonaventures and the Georgias, to bemoan lousy graduation rates and decry how a coach can get fired by his own players.

This night was about two historic, awe-inspiring performances, the kind that reminded even the most cynical of spectators why they got hooked on this crazy sport in the first place.

Thanks, Carmelo Anthony and Gerry McNamara.

Freshmen weren’t supposed to do this, said everyone but the freshmen, not against Kansas’ pair of all-everything seniors, not against anyone.

Freshmen weren’t supposed to hit six of their first eight 3-pointers in the national championship game, like McNamara did, or deliver gravity-defying passes like Anthony’s no-look, fast-break dish to Josh Pace that put the Orangemen up 32-17.

And freshmen certainly weren’t supposed to almost single-handedly carry their team to the national championship.

"We made history," a jubilant Anthony said after collecting 20 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists in Syracuse’s 81-78 title-clinching victory. "We shocked the world. We showed that freshmen can ball it like everyone else."

"This," said McNamara, "is going to cause a lot of chaos."

Farewell, four-year plans. Adios, sermons about senior leadership.

Welcome to 21st-century college basketball: Put the most talented player in the country on the court, and the national title can be yours.

"I think any coach that can get a Carmelo Anthony will take them, I don’t care what they say," said Jim Boeheim. "That’s college basketball right now. Until they establish an [NBA] age [limit] or something, you just have to adjust to it."

There’s one of two ways to react to this dubious landmark.

We could, as we’ve been doing for several years now, feign outrage over how this came to be, how the NBA has so purged colleges of their best talent that we’re forced to celebrate someone like Anthony gracing us for one year.

Or we can stop and think about what we witnessed Monday night.

The past few national championship games haven’t been candidates for Masterpiece Theater. To a degree, neither was this one, thanks to Syracuse’s cold second half and Kansas’ atrocious free-throw shooting.

But Anthony's and McNamara’s first halves were nothing short of awesome. Under pressure-filled circumstances, they were, to borrow an oft-used basketball standard, Jordan-esque.

Be it Joe Montana throwing the Super Bowl-winning touchdown or an Olympic figure skater nailing a jump to win the gold, sports fans relish excellence.

Whether it’s the work of a 37-year-old or a 17-year-old, freshman or senior, is, in the end, irrelevant.

"From the beginning of the year, we never talked about [Anthony] being the best freshman in the country," said Boeheim. "We talked about him being the best player in the country. I think he proved that tonight."

Unfortunately for college fans, Anthony probably will carry that designation for only one year.

But what a momentous year it was.

There have been numerous one-and-done players over the past decade, but none who made anywhere near as big an impact. The significance is being felt across the sport, where coaches everywhere probably are rethinking their stance on recruiting such "rent-a-players." And future blue-chippers, seeing how much Anthony has benefited, probably are rethinking that preps-to-the-pros jump.

"I don’t regret coming to college," said Anthony, a freshly cut piece of net hanging around his neck. "I had a fun year. I had a great year on the court, and off the court at school."

"I believe, if I’m not mistaken, Bill Gates went to college for one year," said Boeheim. "I don’t think it hurt him, did it? I believe that every kid that goes to college for one or two or three or four years gains tremendously from it."

As for McNamara, he’s not headed to the NBA just yet, but there’s no understating his impact.

The sight of the scrawny kid from Scranton lighting up one defender after another was symbolic of his entire season. Normally, it takes point guards a year to fully adjust to the college game.

In McNamara’s case, the college game has had trouble adjusting to him.

"It’s unbelievable to think around this time last year I’m playing in high school for a state championship," McNamara reflected. "Coming in, I didn’t know what my role would be. I didn’t know what kind of position I’d be playing. To think I’d have such an effect on my team and win a national championship, I never could have imagined it."

Neither could the rest of us.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts