Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

March Madness 2003

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah, Wake Forest was devastating too. :rolleyes:

Duke and WF will be in trouble the next round if they play like they did in their first match. Texas looked very good. They certainly have a tre-men-dous play maker in Mr. Ford. You're getting a little cokcy, Third Sedin(I liked that). I'm kind of cheering for Sensei now, since I bailed. Your Duke loving is also sickening. Dapo was right about you. You support the flavour of the day. I suppose you support PSV in Holland, Real Madrid, and Juventus too? You're very predictable, Sedin, and I can see right through you.

Editor's note: You're not allowed to trash talk me because I pulled out of the competition. I pulled out to show my support for all the people in the world who are opposed to the cnuting Yanks invading another country.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, well, if you've added an editors note I guess my hands are tied. :rolleyes:

Fist round games are for the Gonzaga's of the world. The under dogs come out flying only to have their slim hopes of national supremacy SQUASHED by the higher ups in the 4th quarter. Bring on some better talent and watch the best rise to the occasion and all that.... BTW, Dap hasn't been right about anything. Ever.

Now, if you'll pardon me I have to go get the Zig Zag's off the counter for Guinness, he can't reach.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know nobody cares but....

I really wanted to enter this Pool and show off my college Basketball knowledge but.... I just purchased a new computer yesterday and I sold my old one. Before I sold my old computer I erased all my files on it when I realised I should have saved some of those files....I spent the whole fcuking day and then some trying retrieve some of my important files with no luck. That's why I didn't have time to enter this pool.

A whole day of fcuking around on the computer and the only file I was able to retrieve was this fcuking picture of Sadam Husein.:mad:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Guru of NCAA B-Ball bring up the Rear

SH in last place, but it is close between first and last, so I will give him that.

Had a good laugh when ever he had a wine about the No.5 team not being upset by the No.12, if that is your only strategy, you are in trouble.

Great 1st Round of B-Ball, how many Buzzer beater were there last night, You gotta luv it Baby.

HOS

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
UConn over Stanford, not really an upset the game could have gone either way, stanford just took too many 3 pointers. UConn then had a 7 point lead and then took it from there, I decent game to watch.

Don't like the looks of the Gonza vs Arizona game thought, Arizona better start to get it together. and just as I say that they have a 3p lead.

Cheers
JB

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zags vs. Wildcats

Double OT!

Had to be the best game of the tournament so far.

Eveytime Arizona gets a lead, Zags come back and hit a three to stay in it.

That one will be tough to beat for the best.

Almost ****ed my whole pool too.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Wildcats would have had me worried had I been watching but I see my final prediction is still in place with the Uconn win as well.:D

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arizona was very lucky in the end, as Gonzaga had TWO good looks for the winning bucket. Gonzaga is obviously a very well coached team. They certainly do all the basics well. Every third pass is an entry pass and they roll off of a screen as well as anyone. Good stuff. I really wish they beat Arizona because I am screwed in the pool anyway, so it would have been nice to see all the people who took Zona, out of the running....:)

Go Horns

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That could be the best college basketball game since Duke-Kentucky 1992.

Two things kept Gonzaga from taking control of the game. One, losing Turiaf was huge, as he was a handful to guard for Walton, Frye and that big stiff Anderson. Stepp did almost everything he could to compensate for losing Turiaf but in the end, especially at the finish of the first OT, it was obvious that Arizona had the more talented big men who could score when they needed to inside. When Walton flipped home that little jumper in the lane to send it into a second OT, the game was pretty much done. That was Zaga's one big shot to keep a lead for good.

Two - they had to play catch-up as soon as they lost their halftime lead. It seemed every time Zaga hit a big shot, it was to get them within one, or to tie the game. It's hard to continually come from behind, especially when you lose your starting PG and PF to fouls. That's why that first OT was such a back-breaker. The Bulldogs finally grabbed a two-point lead and all they needed was one more stop.

Cap, you are right about Zaga being VERY well coached. Their post-entry passing was great - and when big Ronny went out, they started using backdoor cuts and off-post curls to free up guards down low. Brilliant strategy. They also crashed the offensive boards very well - big guys like Gourde, Violette and Fox actually looked decent at times. Coach Few should be commended for getting a lot out of some marginally-skilled forwards.

Stepp will probably have nightmares about missing that last floating jumper...he clutched it and had no touch off the glass whatsoever. Tough way to lose. But what a game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

You heard the announcers too, eh? ;) It was a cracker of a game and had a lot of the same excitement present in the 1992 Duke/Kentucky game.

There should be some great games tomorrow too. There always are. :)

Go Horns

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had that game on tape, until the missus taped survivor over it. Geez, I'm going to miss her...

Go Duke.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just because McDonough and Raferty came up with it first, doesn't mean I can't use it. The 1992 game set the most recent bar for tourney excitement so obviously it'll be referenced a few times over. Although, to be fair, games that are ended with winning shots as opposed to brutal misses are regarded as the better contests. You coulda been a hero, Blake Stepp.

Duke looked much better tonite against the Chippies than they did against Colorado St in round one. Casey freakin Sanders looked like a force in the paint, at times. This is good news for Coach K. That Kansas-Duke sweet 16 matchup will be, for lack of a more original term, a cracker. Thanks Burnsie. I cannot believe what a whipping the Jayhawks laid on Zona State - getting whooped by 40 in the second round of the tourney is downright demoralizing. You can expect that kind of score from a 1-16 matchup in the opening round, but c'mon.....and a big fcuk you to Roy Williams for playing his starters until the 18 minute mark of the second half. Way to show some class. This karma will come back to bite you in the ass when it foils yet another chance at a title. Kansas Bridemaids.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was pretty busch league I thought by coach Williams as well. The perfect opportunity to play his whole bench and give some of those kids the thrill of a lifetime. Karma, hopefully Kansas lays an even bigger whooping on Duke and then loses in the next round. I think that would be the best possible result. Not that it would affect my pool or anything.:rolleyes:

parkhead

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What No Comments???

2 - 2 seeds drop.

Florida gets a ass whooping by michigan state, and wake goes down to auburn???

Also 4 seed louisvilles goes down to 12 seed butler?? upset. yes did i pick it, NOPE. :(

i had wake going down in the sweet 16. ohh well.

Notre Dame shall then upset Arizona!!! :D

Any other thoughts on the close of the first weekend of march madness??

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I think my fcuking picks were horrible. After the first two rounds, I would have to say that Kentucky looks the strongest and deepest. UCONN and Michigan State have been VERY surprising too. Of course, Butler is obviously this year's Cinderella team. Go Horns.......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Money line with no spread......

Basketball : N C A A Tournament - Match Betting

N C A A Midwest
Bet Until : 00:10 28/03/2003

Win Match Win

6.50 Wisconsin V Kentucky 1.12

Bet Until : 02:40 28/03/2003

Win Match Win

2.90 Marquette V Pittsburgh 1.43

Hubert H Humphrey Metrodome, Minneapolis

N C A A West
Bet Until : 00:25 28/03/2003

Win Match Win

4.25 Notre Dame V Arizona 1.22

Bet Until : 02:55 28/03/2003

Win Match Win

2.40 Duke V Kansas 1.62

Arrowhead Pond, Anaheim

N C A A East
Bet Until : 00:10 29/03/2003

Win Match Win

3.60 Butler V Oklahoma 1.31

Bet Until : 02:40 29/03/2003

Win Match Win

2.80 Auburn V Syracuse 1.45

Pepsi Arena, Albany

N C A A South
Bet Until : 00:25 29/03/2003

Win Match Win

2.20 Connecticut V Texas 1.71

Bet Until : 02:55 29/03/2003

Win Match Win

2.45 Michigan State V Maryland 1.60

I think Texas is a very good price at 1.71 to beat UConn with no spread involved.......M State seem to be on a roll and are a good price..... The other favorites look like certs, especially Kansas over Duke. :eek:

Go Horns

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forget about Must see TV and/or the Hockey game tonight................Duke/Kansas at around 7:00 our time.......Kansas is favoured by 3:rolleyes:

Also, McDonald's All America game was last night and Lebron lit it up big time. Remember these names:

EAST
PG Andrew Lavender Oklahoma
PG Chris Paul Wake Forest
SG Mustafa Shakur Arizona
SG Michael Jones Maryland
SF Brandon Bass Louisiana St.
SF LeBron James Undecided
SF Luol Deng Duke
PF Ivan Harris Ohio State
PF Travis Outlaw Mississippi St.
PF Charlie Villanueva Illinois
C Jackie Butler Mississippi St.