Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

March Madness 2003

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reyshawn Terry. That's all you'll need to know about the UNC recruiting class of 2004. By the looks of it, Coach K has basically dropped the idea of ever getting a decent center in Blue Devil colors for the remainder of his coaching tenure. Nice work against Kansas tonight, by the way. I bet Duhon, Jones and Ewing were all really happy about a stone-cold freshman jacking up 16 shots and hitting two of them, while they stood around and watched. Okay, Jones did have 23 points but Redick absolutely killed them down the stretch. I'm confident such a mentally tough young man like JJ will bounce back and remember this feeling in preparation for next year's tourney, and the one after that. Whoa, I just channelled the voice of Billy Packer right there.

As I mentioned earlier, Duke has absolutely nothing in the paint and it killed them tonight. Collison is a decent big man, but he's not overly athletic and despite weighing 255 lbs, not overly physical either. Yet he put up 33 points and 19 rebounds on a team which offered little resistence in the paint. Duke made him look like Kevin McHale. From the onset the one glaring mismatch in this game was Duke not having anybody to handle Collison, but they didn't even have the horses to make any sort of tactical (like, say, an effective double team) adjustments to stop him.

As for the other games, Notre Dame realized that Arizona was no Illinois - as soon as Stoudamire, Gardner and Walton buried all those open looks the Illini continually bricked in round two. Then Notre Dame realized that not playing a lick of defense was really, really going to hurt them. Then Notre Dame got blown out by 17 points. Notre Dame does have some potential for the future, especially with Chris Thomas, who CDK (the 'silent-but-deadly' Croatian collegiate hoops guru) made a point of mentioning after last year's NCAA tourney. Well spotted, Seedy.

I didn't watch much of the Pitt-Marquette or Kentucky-Wisconsin but the Wildcats won, which is good. Pitt lost, which isn't so good.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kentucky

With Kentucky losing Bogans with an ankle sprain last night I wonder how well they will do against Marquette.
Anyone know how serious it is?
Nice work by Estill to step up but I wouldn't depend on him to do that for another game. I imagine Bogans will wrap it up, as I don't know anyone who doens't play through an injury, unless it's in a cast.
Didn't know the story of Collison being recruited over Duke by Kansas until last night.
Pretty funny actually. I guess he made the right choice.

I agree with Sensei, Collison looked like a track star last night beating a team, that normally runs the crap out of teams, down court for a finger role.
Man did Collison ever look like a white man with that finger role.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman

I was looking at your Mc D's All American list and saw the name David Padgett - Kansas, is he any relation to Scott Padgett with Utah Jazz (ex Kentucky wildcat)?

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two words: Dwayne Wade. What a dominating performance. Marquette was outstanding today, huge upset as Kentucky had won 26 in a row. The first of two #1 seeds going down today? Go Kansas.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bye Bye $$$

Shite there goes my pool and my hopes of winning $$. Oh well it is a very fimilar feeling with me and TTP pools:mad: .

i was looking at some of the other picks and it seems that Blaze has the best shot of winning.

Cheers
JB

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Kansas wins, I will. I agree though, Blaze has some good picks, it will likely come down to the final. Go Jayhawks.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe Pittsburgh lost earlier this week. It was not in the plan. I had a signed contract with Satan himself and he has abitrarily decided to breach it. How can he do that? Look at all I've done for him and he repays me by having Marquette beat the Panthers. Is there no loyalty in sports anymore? At least fcuking Duke lost.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would also like to push myself for the pool win. 2 for 2 so far for the final four teams. Gotta Love a Marquette run. If Texas muscle a win of the whole thing, I'll be a happy camper. Just need to my Blaze team to win the Div 2 final to win that pool. I love the pools!!!!:D

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Upon Further review. Haven't I won this pool already. I don't think anyone can catch me. I was just checking everyones picks.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe a Marquette/Oklahoma final would benefit Dapatayto enough to push him to the top :eek:

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, Sensei it's Oklahoma v Texas for the pints. I still can NOT get over the fcuking ass clowning J- cnuting Hawks. Had to laugh when I saw Kentucky go down though. :D

I love March.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I couldn't even pick one team to make it to the final four. Pathetic really. Just another pool without a win. Eventually I am just going to have to give up entering these things.:rolleyes:

Parkheadgetsbeatagain.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canadian please, my good man. ;)

How long do you suppose it'll take Regs to mail One Dart his winning cheque? (if and when the Ass clowning J-Hawks win)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs can E-Mail Him Pride

Originally posted by Regs
21 entries

19 Better Bastards playing for $51
2 TTPers in it for pride alone (One Dart & The Power)

Giddy up.

~Regs.

Sorry One Dart, Pride for you, $51 bucks back into the TTP Bank, perhaps for a Provincial Cup Pool, how does that sound Regs?

I am going with Khalsa to take it all:D

HOS

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Success is peace of mind attained only through self-satisfaction in knowing you've made the effort to do the best of which you're capable.

I guess that self-satisfaction will have to do. That is unless Regs wants to hold the $51 in trust until I go buy some stamps.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts