Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

March Madness 2002

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not saying UCLA deserved a higher bid, although that's kinda what it sounded like.

What I am saying is that they're too good to be an #8. Like Kellog said, on a good day they're a top 5 team nationally. You can't say that about any of the other 8 seeds in any of the brackets. Just in terms of talent and players, they're on par with Cincy. Logan and Kapono cancel each other out. Little and Gadzuric the same. Bearcat freshman Maxeel (sp?) is an athletic guy in the mold of Barnes, Bozeman or Cummings. I sense an upset in this bracket.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could it be?......

Will this be the first time EVER a 1 seed has lost to a 16 seed?...

I see my team Pepperdine couldn't do the job. I felt strongly about Tulsa and Kent State though......... I would have been winning the pool by now, if there was one.......:rolleyes:

On a whiter note, Gonzaga look fcuking awful right now. They are rushing their shots and look legless. Maybe their number 6 seed was a good decision.........

15:46 left in 2nd 1st 2nd Total
Holy Cross 37 5 42
Kansas 35 2 37
Team Fouls: Holy Cross 2, Kansas 1
Timeouts: Holy Cross 3, Kansas 4

Last Scoring Plays (most recent first)

· Holy Cross - Jumper by P. Whearty
· Kansas - Layup by D. Gooden
· Holy Cross - 3-point jumper by J. Meade
· Holy Cross - Jumper by B. Wilson
· Kansas - Jumper by K. Hinrich

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking Gonzaga

The Waves did not look good at all today Captain, guess no elite eight. Zags are looking brutal, their big man Gourde is playing terrible and they can't shoot at all. Just heard that Stepp is 1 for 13, clutch. Dickau is the only reason this game is close. Go Holy Cross.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elite eight?

Who ever said they were going to the Elite Eight? :rolleyes: Anyway, I have two new favorite teams and one old favorite:

Tulsa, Wyoming, and of course, Notre Dame.........

Gonzaga has just been beat. As I said to you earlier in the year, Sensei:

"They are too fcuking white."

Dan Dickau had a stinker. Unlucky..

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You did

Yesterday claiming that Pepperdine had such an easy draw, you said they had a shot at the elite eight. How about UNC Wilmington, I thought USC would've won in OT. Gonzaga was too white.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart,

You obviously misunderstood what I was trying to say. I was trying to tell you that Pepperdine was an overrated team and that they would be knocked out in the first round of the tournament.........:rolleyes:

Captain

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gonzaga: crap. Stepp was awful. Dickau was the best player on the floor, and he was bloody invisible. Well, except for this next guy.....

Wyoming: Who the fcuk is Josh Davis, and where'd a white boy from Wyoming get hops like those? What a player. Good tourney.

Alabama: Thanks for being so bloody overrated all season. Grizzard who? Dudley who?

Mizzou: Remember when Kareem Rush had this team ranked #2 nationally? Yeah, Ohio State now knows why.

Stanford: Look at the time of this post - written well before tipoff v. Kansas. Jacobsen and Borschardt are gonna do the business with Hinrich out of comission. War Cardinal.

Kentucky: aka Tayshaun Prince and his four human-sized backpacks. 41 points against mighty Tulsa? Look out, Maryland.

Creighton: THE coolest team in the tourney. Imagine a #23 dropping 3 after 3 after 3......

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched Duke get by the Irish this morning. I found it an entertaining game and I hate basketball. The Irish blew it in the last minute after playing very well for the first 39. Thomas #1 for the Irish (I think?) is going to be a player to watch next year (that's if he doesn't go pro...).

Sensei, well done on not making fun of the handicapped.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boo Stanford.

Just watched #8 UCLA dispose of #1 Cincy. Told ya Huggins didn't fancy playing the Bruins in round two.

That bracket now sees the 2 vs 3 (Oklahoma v. Arizona) while the #12 (Mizzou) battles the #8 (UCLA) - everybody said that west bracket was going to be crazy.

Howabout Duke? Scary against ND, but now don't have to face the #4 seed USC, or the #2 seed Bama, who lost to Kent State and Trevor "Duffman" Huffman last night. Tooo eaaaazzzzyyyyy....

CDK, I agree, Thomas is a player. Freshman that plays well beyond his years. He won't go pro this season, either.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Coach K

I am going to shove the game ball this far up your ass when we win!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspirational quote....

Indiana's coach heard one of the Duke players ask:

"What time do we play on Saturday?"

He didn't mention the name but he did say it was pretty ignorant of the young man, ignoring the fact that he was in the same room.

Great stuff. You always love to see Duke lose. Right, Sandman?

Go Saluki's, Golden Flashes, and Hoosiers...........

Captain

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Duke-Indiana

Sensei "where are the tar-heels" Hanson:.:D
and Captain whomever you support: :p

The piss taking is well deserved, but a couple of comment on the game.

-Mike Brown - what a moron.......Williams gets fouled on the infamous three and Coach Brown goes into some weird conniption attack.......talk about staying composed for his team. I actually think he really started to cry. A side note for Coach Brown - "I hope I've proved to people that I can coach know".......I don't think so............that last minute was a plethora of mistakes by Indiana.....

-"Dumb fcuk of the day award" - the guy who didn't box out boozer on the last free throw.....actually maybe it should go to Jason Williams

-Officiating - Honestly, WTF! Duhon strips the ball clean and get called on a foul. and lets be honest Boozer was raped on the put back......calls a cheezy foul on one end and lets that go on the other.

-Jason Williams - It pains me to say this but, it was proven AGAIN that this guy is waaaaaaaay overrated. No Battier to bail him out this year. Is Jason Williams a big time player....No!

Still the class program in the country,
Sandmannothavingagoodyear

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You mean Mike Davis, right?

Anyways, some good points. I don't think Williams is overrated, but his free-throw shooting woes will now stick with him the way Webber's timeout call stuck with him years after his college career ended. In all of Duke's losses this season, JWill missed big shots from the charity stripe to contribute to the loss.

As for the Heels, leave them out of it. You think you've had a rough year? Talk to Doherty :)

That last foul on Boozer? From a couple of angles it looked like the kid got a lot of ball, but it sure seemed like a hack. Jefferies didn't even bother to put a body on anybody, he just anticipated Williams would rip all mesh and was looking to toss a quick outlet pass. He's extremely fortunate Boozer didn't hit that follow shot, otherwise he would have let a great performance (I think it was 25 points, 15 boards) go to waste.

What an odd elite 8 matchup this all presents - Indiana and kent State. Amazing.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts