Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Manny Ramirez caught

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Cheating"!?

Can you read?

He tested positive for a controlled substance that "is not a steroid"

If the guy passes all those tests before and came up clean why would he all of a sudden test positive!?

He should sue his doctor.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Cheating"!?

Can you read?

He tested positive for a controlled substance that "is not a steroid"

If the guy passes all those tests before and came up clean why would he all of a sudden test positive!?

He should sue his doctor.

He will be gone...wait and see.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course he is "gone"
He has been suspended... and his comments said:
“Recently, I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me,”
“Unfortunately, the medication was banned under our drug policy. Under the policy that mistake is now my responsibility. I have been advised not to say anything more for now. I do want to say one other thing; I’ve taken and passed about 15 drug tests over the past five seasons.”
See how he "owns it" as his problem and his mistake... Classy in my books.

The Article continues:
A person familiar with the details of the suspension said Ramirez used HCG, human chorionic gonadotropin, which is prescribed to stimulate female fertility and testosterone production in men and to treat delayed puberty in boys. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the banned substance wasn’t announced.

Perhaps the Dr. Was treating something to do with a hormonal problem? A Pro-creation or infertiliy problem....

Once the words PERFORMANCE ENHANCING comes up everyone assumes Roids or HGH.

This is a hormone treatment thing, the article states:

Baseball added HCG to its list of banned substances last year.

“It’s not infrequently part of the mix of the poly-drug approach to doping,” said Dr. Gary Wadler, chairman of the committee that determines the banned-substances list for the World Anti-Doping Agency. “It typically is used most when people are coming off a cycle to restore to normal biophysiological feedback mechanisms.”

Well if he never tested positive for Roids use, why was he taking this? Probably for a medical condition like he said...

Does he look like Roids? You tell me:

Manny at 18: Google Image Result for http://www.walthamconniemack.org/images/ramirez_youth_services.jpg
Manny Now: http://www.everyjoe.com/files/604/2008/08/mannyramirez_nc.jpg

Here's a roids user at 18: http://www.hollywoodcollectibles.co...hentic/Cards/Barry_Bonds_Rookie_Card2_MID.jpg
and recent: http://images.wikio.com/images/p/39c1/barry-bonds-case-could-hinge-on-a-single-word-knowingly.jpg

Tell me Manny's head has changed shape and his physical and skeletal build has changed! I dare you!

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course he is "gone"

The Article continues:

Perhaps the Dr. Was treating something to do with a hormonal problem? A Pro-creation or infertiliy problem....

Well if he never tested positive for Roids use, why was he taking this? Probably for a medical condition like he said...

Manny at 18: Google Image Result for http://www.walthamconniemack.org/images/ramirez_youth_services.jpg

Here's a roids user at 18: http://www.hollywoodcollectibles.co...hentic/Cards/Barry_Bonds_Rookie_Card2_MID.jpg
and recent: http://images.wikio.com/images/p/39c1/barry-bonds-case-could-hinge-on-a-single-word-knowingly.jpg

Tell me Manny's head has changed shape and his physical and skeletal build has changed! I dare you!

my hero:rolleyes:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course he is "gone"

The Article continues:

Did bubble gum come with those baseball cards.....

He has taken steriods.....no doubt in my mind!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
slowpitch is the best because it is about who can hammer more beers in the outfield and still make a play on a fly ball, without putting your beer down and attempting to throw out the guy tagging up from second. :D

and most fat guys and un-coordinated chicks can play it too.

I have been told the Franchise throws like a girl. ;)

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
slowpitch is the best because it is about who can hammer more beers in the outfield and still make a play on a fly ball, without putting your beer down and attempting to throw out the guy tagging up from second. :D

and most fat guys and un-coordinated chicks can play it too.

I have been told the Franchise throws like a girl. ;)

But runs like Seabiscuit.......

FYI No beers in the field of play as I play competative not Rec.

But remember my motto "Win or Lose hit the booze":D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wait till the shite one day hits the fan in hockey and soccer.

The designer PEDS these days are unreal. They help all athletes of all builds. All these guys saying that the "typical hockey player doesn't have a steroid build (aka: Tony Gallagher)" have their heads in the sand.

Just look at the sport that is revolutionizing the use of PEDS: Cycling. Do these guys look like they're on steroids? No. Talk to anyone off the record involved in the sport, and to be 100% clean and race at the levels they race at is simply not possible. You telling me these same drugs wouldn't help a footballer through a long season w/ unreasonable playing expectations, or a hockey player in the 2nd round of the cup?

Where there is huge money involved, the abuse of PEDS will be there, and the chemists are always two steps ahead of the watch dogs.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer and Hockey are two sports I don't think would be an issue.

I played a bit of junior and myself know personally guys in the NHL and other pro leagues and can tell you that, while there will be an odd exception here and there, the leagues and sports are definately not rife with cheating due to drugs.

Hockey is a core muscle sport. I sat on a flight with Jeff Cowan two rows in front of me, and I can tell you for sure, that if there was one guy that would do Roids, it is probably him. Not the fastest, not the most skilled etc. If anyone would use Roids it would be a guy a like him. And looking at the guy, you know right away he is not a juicer.

While I realize that PED's are not just for guys looking to "get Huge" I can tell you that guys I have tealked to say that it just doesn't happen. It is not in the culture.

The Big issue in Hockey is all the uppers, the thermogenic stackers, the "Red devils" etc. Guys pop those things, it raises their natural body temperature, gets the bronchial passages dialated big time, and perks them up. It is a stack of Aspirin, Ephedrine, and Caffeine. I have used it, and it makes a difference. When your opponent is sagging in the third you are as fresh as the first period.

Hormones, HGH's, Roids: Not a problem in Hockey from what i know/ have seen
But other drug (recreational drugs) and stimulant abuse is rampant.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Head in the sand.

Google Floyd Landis, Marco Pantini, Tyler Hamilton, or almost any of the top 5 TDF finishers over the past 15 years. Nearly every one has been nailed; steroids is always in the mix, along with the best PEDS available.

You can’t just look at a guy and make that assumption. Cycling, especially climbing is all about core. You look at these guys, and by your logic, none of them use. In civvies, you’d have no idea. The truth is these guys were injecting with more roids than Chuck feeds the horse down at the track.

The reason why steroids are so attractive is because it enhances rapid recovery in whatever effort you are undertaking. In terms of bodybuilding, it’s obvious why this is desirable. Same in ANY athletic activity requiring full time training. That’s why cyclists have pioneered the manufacturing of the best drugs, because of their schedules. All baseball is doing is piggy-backing on something someone has already done.

You don’t think it’s rampant in footballing or hockey? I don’t care what your friends are telling you, it’s rampant Skippy.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I said Simulant abuse is rampant, We can agree to disagree.

The advancements in the speed and strength at which Hockey is now played comes from advancements in technology (Composites used in sticks and skates construction) and advancements in training concepts (Core training vs drinking beer and fishing all off season)

I know. I have used it. I used to play with a wood stick, then when I got bigger and started playing more competitively I started using strictly Easton Ultralites. My shot got way harder, way more accurate and then when i got my hands on modern OPS... holy shite. I am now nowhere near as strong and as well trained (Muscle memory and all that jazz) from when I played junior hockey, yet I am shooting the puck way harder than I was using the Composite shaft with a wood or composite blade.

same with skates. I used to use a skate that was almost purley leather and plastic in the boot, and had a carbon fibre composite foot bed, which stiffens the boot up. I would still get flex in the skate, which decreases speed because of a lack of energy translating to the hocler and steel contacting the ice. I recently picked up a new pair of Rbk 9k's... good lord. It is no small wonder I don't have a high ankle sprain, and I am skating way faster than I was just 2 months ago when I was skating on 7 years ago technology in Bauer 7000's.

I don't think we have seen such drastic changes in events in Hockey that could lead you think that PED's are behind anything. Not like in Baseball with every third ball leaving the yard, like in cycling with records falling at every race, not like in Football where they get guys carrying WAY too much weight ontheir frames running stupid 40's and jumping stupid heights and keeling over and dying in training camp because of heart failure...

A guy I know in the NHL surmised that if anyone was juicing in the NHL it was fringe skill guys that are undersized trying to make the show (Think of a Brandon Reid, Steve Kariya, or Ryan Shannon type build) that wouldn't get a job on the third or fourth line because they don't offer the intangibles to translate to a pure role player... and the Goons that are undersized that have to tangle assholes with the likes of the Parros's, Roy's, Boogaards, etc of the World (Think Mike Brown, Jeff Cowan, Rick Rypien, Stacie Prust, etc)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny,

I humbly suggest your head is buried in the sand if you can't see the plain as sigh benefits PEDS provide for any professional athlete. The more money available, the more likely there will be wide scale use. Yes, all those technical advancements exist. Same in most other spots. Bikes in cycling. Skates in speed skating. Swimsuits in swimming. When the designer drugs come available that can’t be detected, guess who goes on the cycle? It ain’t a fringe Junior B player- sorry-..its the pro athlete looking to stay ahead of the curve.

If you were on the fringe, and going on a cycle of a combination of PEDS would guarantee you the edge required to get to the show and get the big money, are you telling me you wouldn't juice? Be honest now John.

You are 100% completely failing to see the point. You keep pointing our athletic examples of guys "who just can't be juiced, look at them!". Again, Floyd Landis. Marco Pantini. Look them up. You see these guys on the street, the only think you'd think they are juicing are carrots.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i just picked up my phedies and caffine from my local popeye's yesterday.. i thought that stuff was illegal?

stackers were great way back when

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny,

I humbly suggest your head is buried in the sand if you can't see the plain as sigh benefits PEDS provide for any professional athlete. The more money available, the more likely there will be wide scale use. Yes, all those technical advancements exist. Same in most other spots. Bikes in cycling. Skates in speed skating. Swimsuits in swimming. When the designer drugs come available that can’t be detected, guess who goes on the cycle? It ain’t a fringe Junior B player- sorry-..its the pro athlete looking to stay ahead of the curve.

If you were on the fringe, and going on a cycle of a combination of PEDS would guarantee you the edge required to get to the show and get the big money, are you telling me you wouldn't juice? Be honest now John.

You are 100% completely failing to see the point. You keep pointing our athletic examples of guys "who just can't be juiced, look at them!". Again, Floyd Landis. Marco Pantini. Look them up. You see these guys on the street, the only think you'd think they are juicing are carrots.

as much as it hurts, i have to back dude up on this one.. the juicers are the vetrans tryin to keep up with the young polski ogorki's

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska, they are still great ;)

Dude, I guess we agree to disagree. I have talked to guy that is a current NHL'er and pro since the 03/04 season in the AHL that has talked at length to us about the goings on and lifestyle.

He has said Roids and PED's are not a problem, nor prevalent, nor noticable, not nothing.

He talks of late night binge drinking and womanizing at night clubs at home and on the road, he talks of high stakes poker and other weird and wacky card games because most of them have more money than they know what to do with, he talks of the red devils, the stackers, the stimulants, and some guys having serious problems with hardcore drugs used while partying etc...

Why would he be so candid about potential other-powderkegs and then bold-faced lie about PED's and Roids!?

If given the opportunity to use PED's that could have had me not a fringe JuniorA/B player and had me join the guys I played Minor Hockey with in the WHL, NCAA, AHL, and NHL by simply popping a pill? I tell you what, it wouldn't have made the difference. I didn't make it because I didn't care enough to dedicate my life to it. i didn't want to skip the parties and drinking etc to hit the gym for 3-4 hours a day on weights cardio and swimming laps and boxing and martial arts classes... I didn't make the sacrifice. and as such popping a pill or using PED's would have mattered.

Interestingly, the guys that were using Roids on my Junior team were just doing it to get huge, it wasn't because they thought it was going to help them with hockey...they did it to pick up chicks. They thought it was cool. and those guys were always hurt and ended up getting cut from the team. They actually got worse on the ice.

Look at Brent Sopel. It was often bandied-about that he used. He went from just over 200 lbs one season and showed up at like 220+ the next camp, and all of a sudden had acne etc and skated like he was wearing concrete boots. Sure he put on the bulk to deal with guys in front of the net, but what was looking like a decent nhl career that was developing stopped there and he has been an NHL spare part 7th DMan ever since.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0