Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Manchester United / Celtic in Seattle ...

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could be a reason to announce the first TTP Road Trip .......:wa:

Next summer, Manchester United, Celtic, a bunch of Mexicans, Juventus & Barcelona will be in the States on a pre-season tour.

The tour opens July 22nd (Tuesday) in Seattle where United play Celtic at Seahawks Stadium - 8:00 pm. Need I say more ?? I'll pick you up on the Saturday Jinky ..... :D

The full story is here lads:

United / Celtic Tour Information

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Road Trip for sure!

Wait... Do I have to be finger-printed at the border?

~Regs.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm In ..

Walks, knowing you have an uncaney ability to stay on top of things (at times to your own detriment :eek: ), if you're getting tickets to this event, count me in sunshine. As you know, money is no object ;)

Oh and please double check for me ... are you SURE Dundee United arent making the trip?

Willy McThere

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks

Now that you've soo generously commited to promoting and organizing the big trip down the I-5, keep us all updated... I'm in for sure... Loving United and especially ANYONE who plays the tic!!!;)

Guinness on Tap!!!:wa: :wa: :wa:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shotgun.

Well, paint me green and white and stick me in the trunk, I'm there. (Don't hold me to that trunk thing though..)

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is uncanny ......

Willy,

Funny enough, Dundee United will embark on their 10 day tour of the midlands of England that week with some quality dates against powerhouses such as Milton Keynes FC, Allestree United and the perennial Sunday morning League winners: Willenhall FC before returning to their day jobs as Lorry drivers and pub landlords ........ :D

I'll keep the ear to the ground and inform everybody of when tickets are available ;)

Cheers .....

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can we combine events

What do you think of the idea combining a stag or two into the road trip??? Mackers and Kippax could be properly dressed up and dragged down to Pioneer Square for a few pints:D :D

Leanwillstartraisingbailmoneynow

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Road trip

count me in baby, nothing better than seeing the great ManU play............

GOOOOOOOOO YOOUUUUUUU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDSSSS

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will be a ball, BUT.......

Do the organization team at Man United and Celtic realize Seahawks Stadium is that turf stuff??? My guess is the USA partners involved in bringing these friendlies to America are not too daft and have looked at having real grass put in at Seahawks stadium???
Can anyone varify this???
I originally heard that the match would take place at Safeco (like the women's Gold Cup last month)???

GuinnesshopingWalksgetstheinvestigationgoing!!!;)

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice one Guinness !!

Guinny ...... good point lad !!! I will be speaking with Sir Alex this weekend as we'll be discussing tactics before the visit of West Ham to Old Trafford so I'll definitely bring that up.

Keano won't be pleased as I'm sure he'll be looking forward to kicking Henrik all over the park - the turf would definitely hamper this I'm sure .....:D

Inspector Walks at your disposal .....

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Walks

One more request.......

There will be plenty of Red Bull & Vodka on board the Bus on our way there and back?!?!?!:D :cool:

GuinnesshappySirAlexhasachumlikeWalks!!!:knvb:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Nice one Guinness !!

Originally posted by Walks
Keano won't be pleased as I'm sure he'll be looking forward to kicking Henrik all over the park - the turf would definitely hamper this I'm sure .....:D

It won't matter what they are playing one, there will only be a hand full of first team players on this trip.

Look at Tours that teams have done in the past, they are made up of mostly Reserve Team players with a few first team guys along for the piss-ups.

Playing in July on the Turf in Seattle, I am sure that both teams will be risking their high price players on that stuff.

I am guessing it will be an entertaining reserve match, but at least you get to see the new kit for the 2003/2004 seasons.

LetsGoReds

HOS

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness ....... it goes without saying that the supply of Red Bull and Vodka will be supplied in epic proportions to and from C-town. It'd be rude not to really ........

HOS ...... you may be right on the reserve team front even though the past few United pre-season tours to Australia and the Far East have included 90% of the squad. It may be possible that most of the team is included since there are no European Championships or World Cup's this summer and Fergie would want to tune them up to match fitness with a few games. I trust you'll be on the bus mate as no road trip would be complete without HOS on board !!:D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big clubs are involved here. They won't be bringing reserve squads.

O'Neill has stated,

"This is the sort of thing that we would really look forward to and, apart from anything else, it's an excellent pre-season in terms of preparations.

"It goes without saying that we would like to think that we will be preparing for a Champions League qualifying round and it would be an ideal way to get set for that.

"Playing against teams of that calibre is a fabulous opportunity and one we'd be excited to be involved in."

United chief executive Peter Kenyon echoed O'Neill's sentiments.

He said: "Everyone at the club is looking forward to the tour.

"We'll be taking over all our top players and the quality of the opposition means American fans will get the chance to watch some world-class football."

Does anyone know where else in the States Celtic will be playing?

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky,

Celtic are planning to play 4 exibition games while over here. They have only confirmed the Man U one however. I have heard they will probably play in LA and then back to Florida where they went the last time they were here. But until I see official confirmation I would not believe anyone. It obviously makes no sense to come all they way over here for one game mind you.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the Seattle Times,

"To accommodate the desire to play on a natural surface, First & Goal will install grass over FieldTurf, the permanent playing surface at Seahawks Stadium, a few days before the match. The grass field and the larger capacity swung the event from Safeco Field to Seahawks Stadium.

After Seattle, Manchester United heads to the Los Angeles Coliseum on July 27 to play Club America of Mexico, to Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., on July 31 to face Juventus of Italy, and to Philadelphia's Lincoln Financial Field on Aug. 3 to play FC Barcelona of Spain."

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Road Trip

Coveside FC, will be running a bus down to the game( beers included), for a reasonable price. We have been reasonably assured, through a local contact, of receiving 40 tickets. Had word of this before others. Way smarter than the average ranger fan!. Stay tuned for ticket details.

Public tickets go on sale March 15th 2003

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts