Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier LUFC premier / cat tryouts?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear the Langley Tryouts are starting up soon, Jul 26?

I suppose if they keep the core group and ad some talent via tryouts and in-house recruitments they should even be able to improve on last years quality performance...

LFC most of your core returing?

Any word on changes anywhere else in the league?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley Premier

Round number two of the Premier / cat tryouts will continue on Monday August 2nd - 7:00 at the TURF, (MAP OVAL @ LSS)

We encourage anyone interested to attend or contact Mike Wagner to express your interest

Several spots will potentially be available this year, so come on out!

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Langley Premier

suburbanator said:
Round number two of the Premier / cat tryouts will continue on Monday August 2nd - 7:00 at the TURF, (MAP OVAL @ LSS)

We encourage anyone interested to attend or contact Mike Wagner to express your interest

6 PM on the holiday Monday, August 2nd. 7:30 August 4th, 9th, and 11th at the Oval.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
Why will there be several spots potentially available? Is it true that this coach, Mike Wugner I think it is, is truly as big a cnut as everyone says? Must be making them train on a holiday Monday. Couldn't coach a team out of a paper bag, even worse the FVSL from what I hear. Why start so early? Though I guess who can blame him... they have been sitting around since early March.

Interesting to watch the Pak Cup champs crumble right before our very eyes.

I heard his brother had all the soccer talent too.

memyselfandi

Sep 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb - His brother does have all the talent (what little that may be). You did play with him back when you couldn't score a goal to save your life (some things never change!)

From what I hear Langley is merely looking to improve their squad as we had a few holes last year. We only had 12-13 healthy bodies for the cup run/provincials. Virtually everybody is hoping to come back this year with a few possible exceptions.

Depth is the name of the game. No fallout in Langley. The core will be back.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNOB - Nothing major changing in Langley I suspect, a couple improvements for the Premier side and a change to some more commited guys for the cat squad. As memyselfandi mentioned they were a little slim come cup time, With two spares on the bench....

When your holding tryouts, its not usually a good idea to say "No Spots available, so come on out..."......... LUFC is always looking to improve its squad(s) hence my statement about spots available.

See you at tryouts ;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
memyselfandi said:
knvb - His brother does have all the talent (what little that may be). You did play with him back when you couldn't score a goal to save your life (some things never change!)

From what I hear Langley is merely looking to improve their squad as we had a few holes last year. We only had 12-13 healthy bodies for the cup run/provincials. Virtually everybody is hoping to come back this year with a few possible exceptions.

Depth is the name of the game. No fallout in Langley. The core will be back.
Don’t remember ever playing with a Wugner, but I did play with a Wagner once. Fcuking rubbish keeper. Couldn’t catch a cold in December, the fat bastard. Do you know him? He did use to give his team mates discounts on their gear from his soccer shop. I don’t think I ever did thank him for the 1% off my Copa’s. Let him know I said thanks will you?

Suburbanator, thanks for explaining the process of a try-out to me. It’s no bloody wonder I never got onto any teams as a kid, Imagine that, I’ve had it all wrong all this time. Anyone want a 30 year old rookie?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Suburbanator, thanks for explaining the process of a try-out to me.

You are most welcome.

I was hoping you'd think you had a chance and come out for a go....

That would give Donald Wagner a chance to issue a "Your Cut... You Cnut"

:wa:

memyselfandi

Sep 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Don’t remember ever playing with a Wugner, but I did play with a Wagner once. Fcuking rubbish keeper. Couldn’t catch a cold in December, the fat bastard. Do you know him? He did use to give his team mates discounts on their gear from his soccer shop. I don’t think I ever did thank him for the 1% off my Copa’s. Let him know I said thanks will you?

Suburbanator, thanks for explaining the process of a try-out to me. It’s no bloody wonder I never got onto any teams as a kid, Imagine that, I’ve had it all wrong all this time. Anyone want a 30 year old rookie?

Will pass on the thanks. From what I hear he is still offering a 1% discount to ex-teammates as well. If you ask nice he might throw in an instructional video on scoring goals for you (like it would help).

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts