Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lord of the Rings

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just saw Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Rings last night and thought it was a great movie. I did read the books during highschool and found that the movie did a really good job of sticking to the story of the book. I was with a bunch of people who didn't read the books and they all enjoyed the movie also.

The length of the movie (3 hours) is quite long, but at the end of the movie it leaves you wanting more since the story does not get completed. Can't wait till the next one comes out, apparently next December.

Cheers, Gomes

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Me Precious

Well said Gomesy,

Fcuking Brill and I wanted more. 3 hours? Was it really that long, Wow, Excellant. I didn't want it to end.

I found the subtle change in Frodo throughout the movie was in it itself remarkable as was all in the film.

I liked the scenery, landscapes that were created. It felt they took a blueprint from your imagination while reading the books and created them.

I'm off to see it again:cool:

A right top film.

hedKandi

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I sure do like wizards.

I finally got to seeing it and it was damn well worth the wait.

I loved the art direction, elaborate sets, photography, effects, . . . the list goes on. You can imagine the production heads sitting down during the initial stages and saying, "Look here, people. We're going to do this, and we're going to do this right. No half-assed approach: spare no expense."

The most stunning aspect for me, though, (aside from the wizards, of course) was the presentation of the seemingly incredible vastness of the Tolkein world. The characters' journey was made to seem as huge as the story would have you believe simply by the variety and size of the many environments and inhabited worlds they travelled through. The various races were created so vividly and detailed; elves, dwarves, hobbits, orcs -- all amazingly presented.

Next year's Christmas movie schedule is already planned.

P.S. I spoke to a friend of mine who saw it both as a preview at Capital 6 and Silver City at Metrotown. He suggests spending the extra money to go to Silver City for the pleasure of the sound system. As one who saw it at Metrotown as well, I can attest to that.

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seen Lord of the Rings, thought it was a great show, it didn't seem 3 hrs, keeps you interested for the whole movie, I took keepers idea and went to a matinee.

tiner

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
unreal

was sooooo much fun!!!!! visually amazing and the tunes used were perfect!!!!!

will be going again.....then may for star wars!we got that trailer with this film - cant wait to see local newcastle beaches in this one!:cool:

deb

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
brilliant

i'm in singapore and just saw it with mandarin subtitles - and interesting touch!

what a movie! unbelievable! i, too, wish it kept going. my favourite joke had to be the one about dwarf throwing. not too many in the cinema got that one!

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm in Vancouver and I just saw it with Mandarin subtitles.

I'm not kidding either.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great, great entertainment

What a movie! I agree with keeper, this movie should be seen at Silver City with the sound system to maximize the effects. Spectacular. I also agree that this isn't a movie for kids. Perhaps a little intense.

I cannot wait for the next movie in what will undoubtedly be the best trilogy ever produced. This is assuming that the producers will keep the continuity of quality for the sequels.

I think I'll trek into the woods tomorrow and look for Hobbits. If I can't find any, I'll head off to Adanac on Sunday after my game. :p

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby,

Regarding the continuity of quality, I think it's safe to say that there will be. Footage for all three movies were shot at the same time (never been done before). As a result, they are able to be confindent in their annual releases of 2001, 2002, and 2003. Impressive stuff, really.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Two Towers

Here is a sneak peak at the quality of the quantity or whatever the fcuk you two were on about.

Click here for a look a the Two Towers teaser trailer. It looks great. Can't wait until December 18th. Only five months to go.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts