Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Long Weekend Tourney - Burnaby Lake

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank You

On behalf of all Sapperton players and management, I would like to thank the Burnaby Canadians tournament organizing committee.

On this Labour Day long weekend, 3, count them 3, 9:00am starts for Sap.

I have to get up at 6:30 to make these bloody games.

I know Millar was involved somehow.:mad:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some idiot on Sap got a red card for mouthing off the ref....but it didn't matter much as his team played better without him.

Croatia A shite kicked Sporting 1-0 and then just barely lost 1-0 to Sportstown.

Croatia B won two games and drew one to a very crap Metro Ford B.

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple 'A' over Burnaby Canadians CAT 4-1 on Saturday.
Today we beat Shaheen Hawks 2-1 and GEU 3-2. Up next is Lobbans tommorow morning, winner plays in the final.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting Results

Sporting is through to the finals!

First Game vs Clan Alumni we won 3-1.

Second Game vs a team from Nevada we won 4-0.

Thrid Game we barely lost to Croatia in a close game regardless of what CDK says.:rolleyes:

Forth Game we tied Sportstown 2-2, after leading 2-0. They came back with a goal on a PK and on a nicely taken free kick by Jarvie.

That gives us 7 points and the top of our pool.
Sportstown finishes second. Croatia lost to Sportstown and Clan Alumni and are therefore out.:eek:

Finals are at 2pm vs Burnaby Canadians.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div. 2 Champs

Cliff Ave or CAFC, had 5 straight wins for the tourney, including a 6 or 7 nil win in the final over Optima. Good way to kick off the beer fund. :wa:

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finals Standings

The Burnaby Canadians beat us in PKs in the final. All in all a good game. It was tied 1-1 after time ran out and their keeper made some good saves in the shoot-out.

So final results were:

1) Burnaby Canadians
2) Sporting
3) Sapperton
4) Sportstown

Too bad the weather wasn't great today, but it was good to get in some games before next week.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"I went to Burnaby and all I got was $400!"

4 w 1 l
9 gf 2 ga

3rd place
Sap did look really good....every player we played was apart of our system. Our teams are going to be strong this year with tonnes of depth.

We shite kicked Sportstown all over the park (2-1)....missed too many to count easy opportunities. Pinks scored on their only chance, but Sap was in control all day.

BK ran a really good tournament, Millar's music was the shites.....pumping out Celine Dion and Salt 'n Pepper was Millar's idea of entertainment (the dog chasing the orange ball was a lot better than any party Millar could throw):eek:

In a calculated move on Sunday morning, Burnaby scheduled Mike (the Romanian "Hagi") as our referee in our 9am game vs Argentina. He promptly gave WAB a red card for being blindsided by a 125lb Argentina player as WAB went to check another guy with the ball. The argy went flying from the collision, WAB stayed on his feet. Therefore, WAB got the red. On Sunday afternoon vs Burnaby, a well rested Cdn team (their 1st game of the day, our 2nd....so typical) managed to fluke past Sap 1-0 on a shittey goal. I guess they were still bitter about us kicking the crap out of them last year in the Provincials.

In the final, Notty put his PK in a corner! That's a change! BTW, without Chasson, who is going to score Bby goals this year?

Great tournament.....Sap will be back next year.

On a side note
Croatia did absolutely nothing....and their 'b' team got wolloped in the 'b' final. :bronco: was not dancing

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple 0 Lobbans 0

90 minute piss take by Temple. Lobbans knew they would go through on goal difference so they defended in numbers. Their keeper played very well.

Consolation Final
Sikh Temple 1 Norvan 1 (Norvan places third by winning in PK's (3-1)

Besides today's weather and the music in the beer gardens, not a bad weekend of soccer. 3W, 2T, 0L (cause we all know a shootout loss doesn't count:rolleyes: ) We played fairly well for a team that was missing 6 starters; but then again, I'm sure most teams didn't have their full lineups. Anyways, back to the grind this Saturday.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB,

BTW, without Chasson, who is going to score Bby goals this year?

He only scored one! And it was a mucker vs. you mucks! The rest were from all the BBY BOYS.

In the final, Notty put his PK in a corner! That's a change!

Were you impressed??? Not bad for a mucker...eh?:D

Actually, I heard J_B say "HE SHOOTS IN THE MIDDLE"...at which point I made a conscience decision to find the corner. And who say's defensemen have no skill!

Also...a big thanks from BK and the BBY CNDS to all the teams involved...a few headaches but never the less, a successful tourney!

Cheers

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PKers

Actually, I was very surprised. Also, Bby's finishing in the PK's was impressive, Bru made 2 good saves, but the peno's for Sporting were atrocious.
The goal against us was one of the worst things I have ever seen. Not in 20 years will that ever happen again.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty

So what you are telling us is that the match came down to JB's PK tip to tell you not to shoot in the traditional spot where you were going to shoot!!! Way to go JB. Loose lips sink ships or something like that as the saying goes.

I thought the Refbeater did his best while impersonating the Canadian U19 keeper by coming off his line. ;)

In the Burnaby Sap match did anyone notice that the Sap GK, Kent W. spent about 8 minutes working his pager and cell phone in the second half with Burnaby pinned in their end and Sap with one guy back? Kent was on call and was trying to find out if there was someone trapped in the elevator waiting for him to arrive as he was on call.

Other than a real bad goal off a shite goal kick to a Burnaby guy followed by a toe punch the Burnaby guy reached out to hit, it was a close, even played game.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty

Actually, I heard J_B say "HE SHOOTS IN THE MIDDLE"...at which point I made a conscience decision to find the corner. And who say's defensemen have no skill!

I didn't know that you could hear me with all of besty girls cheering for him on the side line. I thought you were going to do the typical and just pound it, but you did well on the pk.

A good tourney, except the fact that burnaby choose "nick"(i think) to do the final, which was a bad choice both teams we taking the piss out of him. Burnaby got the majority of the calls anyway but were still not satisfied.:eek:

:knvb:

Cheers
JB

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J_B,

Unfortunately, we had no say on who was reffing the final...we were just as pissed at the officiating as you were!
:confused:

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
no say

You are running the tourney how can you have no say, tell BK to do something about that next year.

Cheers
JB

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0