Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Long Weekend Tourney - Burnaby Lake

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco

Skytrain,

You've got a team in the tourney this weekend correct?? Are you planning on taking public transportation to and fro?? If so, should we expect another version of your nickname to be born?? :eek:

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I've been led to believe

Sat:0900 Croatia A vs Juventuor(gfc)Fld E1

Sun:1030 Sporting A vs Croatia A Fld E2

245 Croatia A Vs Sportstown A Fld E2

Mon:0900 SFU Alumni VS Croatia A Fld E8

Anyone know who Juventuor is?????
:confused:

Fukcing 9am games are going to kill me!!!:mad:

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco draw

Here is Poco Dominion's draw for the tourney:

Sat. 9am v. Sapperton:mad:
Sat. 3pm v. Argentina
Sat. 5pm v. The Beer Garden:wa:

Sun. 10:30am v. P.G. Croatia
Sun. 12:30pm v. The Beer Garden:wa:

Mon. 9am v. Burnaby Canadians:mad:

These 9am games are brutal. I'm going to miss my Sat. morning cartoons. What do you think, Skytrain?

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Draven,

Looks like six good games, was hoping to play Croatia so at least we could be guaranteed at least 1 win;) This year we not let the beer gardens get the best of us.:wa: Hopefully the gardens are not at the Burnaby turf fields.

skytraindoesn'tlike9amgamesastransitdoesn'tstartuntil8aminMR:mad:

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Field locations

E1 and E2 are the main fields at Burnaby Lake East ... the grass field. They are the fields in front of the clubhouse.

FYI ... the beer garden will be at the grass fields not at the concrete bunker across the street. :D

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Up for it!

Ranger,

There will be a bunch of new faces this weekend, but you can bet the boys are gonna be up for this one, not to mention the other 3.

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF:
It'll depend on the beating we take in the beer garden if we'll be up for this one. Our first game is at 9 so we get about 3 hours pinting in between games. I might sue my liver for non-support.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Common Sense

Originally posted by Notty
I believe all the games are on the Grass fields.

Finally, some intelligent lad or lass I suppose is showing some common sense. It is a miracle that all the games will be on grass in the middle of summer with turf fields available. I can't believe it.

Ok, Reccos - lets hear some of your smart ass comments.

JTL.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton

Bryan Wevers has a group in the tourney not us (the CAt team).
The Cat is playing again Saturday at 4 pm at Cloverdale Athletic against Surrey United.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CAT team....sure whatever you say

I love how they have thrown out this caveat of their CAT team playing on the weekend so as to cover all of their bases should the inevitable trouncing take place!!:D

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco

Nice try Bronco. I know I didn't make my post clear enough for you so I will try again. A good SFU education but apparently not all of it stuck.

Even if it were the CAT team there (and it is not) we'd hardly be using that to cover off any losses. Other than the Sandman's and his guys' patented death threats, the CAT team doesn't fear playing any team.

The CAT team (that I coach) is not in the tourney but the Premier team with a few CAT guys is. CAT will continue to play FVSL teams in the second of three pre-season games on Sat. at 4 vs KNVB and Guinness followed by a Tuesday match against Dude's crew, also of Surrey fame.

See you at the tourney though, us CAT guys do like to watch.

:wa:

I can't believe I added a dancing cokc roach!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was it the Burger Greeeeese

Originally posted by Notty
HOS,

The beer garden needs your burger flipping expertise!

My hands of stone could be caused by these damn burgers and all the flipping I have done in the past, not to mention eating.

I could cook up a couple of special burgers for the Croatia boys, since we play them next Friday.

However, I have never dropped a pint or spilled a drop, so I may be doing some training on the weekend at BBY Lake.

Hey Reedy, do you still have your little Jeep that I can drive at the tourny this weekend?
Funny stuff.

HOS:knvb:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saturday Morning

Sap 2 - Poco 0
Not a bad game until Poco ran out of gas. Some hairy moments around our goal, but Sap proved once again that the Metro has the better teams.
And then I add of couple of these......:wa: :knvb: :bronco:

Any other results?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0