Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Legalizing Marijuana

Should Canada Legalize Mary J?

• Yes

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Who cares- Dude's cooked, no matter what he says.

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Au contraire.

Two wee thugs at hame.

Apples of their Daddy's eyes.

And yes, Jinks et al, I find the weed less harmful than the bottle or the smokes, but still don't thoroughly endorse it.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again, the man knows what he is on about

Gaffa,

Same boat as you, mate. I prefer scentless intoxicants myself.

Make mine a 26'er of voddy and an 8-ball of Bolivian, please. Thanks.

Yours in all things Class A,

Buckfast

Saint

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My two Bits

The is the sort of grass roots issue that I’m willing to weigh-in on,

The war on marijuana is about as fruitless as my diet. I for one say we legalise the wacky-tabaky. That way, just as DM said, we can strip it of its glamour, regulate the price so it’s no longer a viable commodity, tax the fcuk out of it so that the government can give us all a big here’s-to-the-people kickback, and then we can all go out and buy our daily dose of cigarettes, booze, Italian suffixed coffee and crack. Yeah, right.

If asked, “Saint, did you ever do any drugs as a child?” My response would be: “N-n-n-no…,” but that’s because my high is a derivative of the pleasure principle, sex, ice-cream, dalliance, nachos, chips, beer, hard alcohol, beer, pork crackling, beer and chicken skin. But that’s me.

Hey, we all know that the Lakbay diva is a tacitly acceptable social pastime. Christ, most of you love getting high. And why wouldn’t you? After all, it allegedly makes you feel fcuking fantastic. I’ve given my reasons for not wanting to puff the magic dragoon but some of you are confusing the shite out of me: Dudewhere’smyblahblahblah, what’s your excuse? What, you get high from riding a souped-up tricycle? Hey, I can understand that - I too liked to ride bikes, but then I turned twelve. No, I think your reason is more subversive than that: you’re Mormon aren’t you? No, that’s not it. It must be worse. Are you German? And there was I, thinking you were little more than a mouthpiece with a stupid little blow-toy that you bring out to the occasional golf tournament, so that you and your clusterfcuk mates can chuckle at your ridiculously infantile jokes. Yeah, it was funny the first 68 times. I bet you were part of the God squad at whatever lamentable establishment you attempted to practice education. I know your kind, little pencil packet clad lad with bifocals and pad, eagerly awaiting the day when the torch of destiny shines down from above and God picks you as his newest sunbeam. Do you think you and that formerly white afroed midget pint (yes, that’s you Guinness, astute as ever) could weigh-in on any more topics? For fcuk’s sake, you make Jinky look restrained.

But I digress; drugs, I have been told, are wonderful and should, therefore, be legalised. Hey, they’re the sole reason for me having a cracker of a missus – at least for two more weeks. Let’s be honest, without the excesses of illicitness I’d be little more than a fat fcuk with the social charm of Marilyn Manson at a puritanical convention. But, if someone were to give me some of the purificational green, you could all bear witness to a transmogrification of monumental proportions – a cross between Raphael H. and Brad Pitt, would be my guess.

Having said all that, I think it’s important that we all acknowledge the admonishments that come from our elected officials. They believe that if we legalise/decriminalise one - albeit negligible - gateway drug, then we will invariably slide the slippery slope to somewhere really, really, really, really bad. Such postulations assert that one day you’re having a wee puff, oblivious to the chaos that surrounds you, and then BANG, next thing you know you’re on the Eastside injecting hairspray into your vein, bereft of all material wealth and in search of some long jacket’s spam-javelin for a few extra dollars. Nevertheless, It could be worse. You could be left in abject misery, all alone in Surrey, waiting by the phone while your better-half frolics endlessly with skirt clad foreigners.

Keep it illegal and catch the little fcukers that sell it and use it. Once caught, round them up, put them in a field and bombard the little shitheads to death with an endless supply of Doritos. But, they might enjoy that.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spam-javelin? Is that the opposite of a badly packed kebab or panty hamster?

Thanks,

Johnny-no-stars

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
type...

Interesting. In Brixton (notoriously crime-addled South London cess pool) it's not illegal to sell nor possess the stuff. It's still illegal to buy or sell anything harder but I was there last Friday night and could have bought enough Class 'A' narcotics to keep Buckfast up for an extra few hours on a Tuesday night. The scum of the earth live and operate in Brixton and the local council's leniency towards de-criminalising pot is simply their way of throwing up their collective hands and admitting they simply haven't the resources to do anything about it. It's been in the news this week that the political types are pondering whether or not to introduce a 'three joints and you're out' rule wherein, fairly obviously to those of us who don't smoke the shite, if you're nicked three times for smoking in public, you get bird for six months. How the police are meant to keep tabs on that has yet to be explained to me in much the same way the renewed preoccupation with Saddam Hussein has never properly been justified. Perhaps once Toady Blair sorts out the Middle East for the betterment of mankind and calls a referendum on joining the Euro he can do something about the more pressing issues at hand like legalising something that makes already stupid people, um, more stupid and shite.

I agree with the Gaffa. If BC pot is as good as everyone 'in the know' pretends it is, export the bastard and get the healthcare system up to snuff. shite on someone else's doorstep, not your own.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoa...

How the hell did we deserve or even get the pleasure of hearing Saint dipping his feet in the water here!!! Your post while amusing (if you didn't fall asleep after 10 minutes of reading) is coming from the heart... I would like to thank you for your thoughts and feedback... This thread and the group of muppets that associate themselves with it should count their blessings for the mere slice of wisdom you have thrust upon us!!! :rolleyes:

Saint, pass me the hairspray, my veins are primed... I mean once a berror of the gaunja, now the user primrose Hi-Caf mixed with a blend of Columbia's finest white (nonherbal) remedies!!!

It has been a sheltered life really, how ever did you develope such a fake superior judgement with your eyes firmly shut while in the midst of ??? (Doing whatever it is you do in front of the tele)

Guinness'(steelingSaintsgrammer)weigh-in:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. Now that's a piss take!

Mormon? Must be. German? Abolutely. Pencil packet clad lad with bifocals and pad? That's me. Man, you really have me pegged.:eek:

Still bitter about the horn, huh?:eek: For the record, were you yea or nay on the subject?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was a couple of new words in there Guinness

Tim Horton's coffee is more addictive than pot. Has to be a gateway drug. Guess there'll be a bunch of newfies down in Cracktown soon. Marijuana isn't physically addictive, psychologically addictive well...perhaps, but pot ain't that bad for you. It just makes you an idiot. I mean, christ, look at me.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look at what drugs can do...
Plus... you want your 2 mins back and Guinness is falling asleep after 10 mins. :D

Some good points made across the board, I've switched my mind on the subject a few time already. So many times in fact, I think I need a drink.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was, but I was, ummmmmm, encouraging him. Beer tends to motivate. I thought it was funny the first 69 times, but I guess I was wrong...

Back to the topic: I heard a good point on the Raef Maier Show this morning- he was interviewing a former cop, current coroner for Vancouver, and Mayor candidate (can't recall his name). The guy made a great point on de-criminalization: it just gives organized crime a free ride to produce and push the stuff, without having the constant heat. He argued that it could, if fact, worsen the illegal activity associated with selling pot. His arguments made some pretty good sense, and were in favor of legalization / regulation.

Gaffa: any comments on that argument?

BTW: I have two kids too, but I'm on the legalization side.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't get it his point?

If it is decriminalized, the new "economy" would require a business licence to open shop. This would be issued by the Government through a screening process. A similar licencing process which the likes of Swedish Touch, Madame Cleo's, Wendy's Wankers, Rub 'n' Tug and Heavenly Touch must possess to open a therapeutic massage therapy/rehabilatation establishment. Right?

If the Government is responsible for screening such applications, wouldn't it be difficult for the criminal element to receive such certification; so that they can continue doing what they have been doing along, but "above board".

And God forbid if there is an oversight by a Government clerk and a licence get's into the hands of a pack of ****ney gangsters. At which point, the undesirables are now competing in a commodity market, which requires marketing, forecasting, wall charts (Fastshow, go on my son) and PROFIT MARGINS.

Fcuk that noise, sounds like an awful lot of work to make a dollar. They won't be interested. They'll just continue to sell crack, Bob Marley, pills and Jinky's ass and 500% return. The question you should ask is:

"Where does it stop when you open Pandora's Box"

That's what I heard the old chap at Starbuck's say, anyway.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This would be issued by the Government through a screening process. A similar licencing process which the likes of Swedish Touch, Madame Cleo's, Wendy's Wankers, Rub 'n' Tug and Heavenly Touch must possess to open a therapeutic massage therapy/rehabilatation establishment. Right?

I'm not sure, but I think wrong. All this would apply with legalization, but not de-criminalization. You've just made an argument for legalization, I think. But I don't really know, just assuming.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please, you of all people.

Regs,

Any chance of setting up a remedial TTP for our dear friend, Guinness?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No.....

After teaching one week at a high school, I would have to say NO. I have at least 5 kids in my Grade 10 classes who struggle to put a sentence together, compliments of the local marijuana industry. It would be scary to see how many kids would be coming to school stoned. There are already too many 'wasted' minds for my liking.

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
open to page 45 and pass the Twinkies

Hey Captain High School,

After teaching one week at a high school, I would have to say NO. I have at least 5 kids in my Grade 10 classes who struggle to put a sentence together, compliments of the local marijuana industry.

How many of those kids did you teach in grade 7?

Just asking.

Please don't tell me how many I taught...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0