Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier League Championship 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We know Peg is in on the weak side "B". Sportstown is sitting at 37 points and are done for the year. Surrey United sits at 34 points with one game left vs. The Pork Chops on side "A".

If Surrey wins on Friday night there will be a playoff game to determine who faces Peg. There was rumblings up until Monday or Tuesday that if the event of a tie the goal difference would be the decider. This was voted down in favor of a Playoff.

Fair? Depends on which side your on I guess.

Slappy does Peg care who they play? Have you even talked about it? Have you been at practice in the last month?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who voted?

This was voted down in favor of a Playoff.
Voted?!?!!?

Why wouldn't something like this already be in the constitution?

From the constitution posted on TTP:
Section 4
Division Section Championship

4.1. At the completion of the league schedule, the team with the most points shall be declared the Division Section Champion.

4.2. in the event of two teams having the same number of points, the Division Section Champion shall be determined by the result of a one game playoff. The game will be played on a neutral ground, with extra time periods, and a penalty kick series if necessary.

I don't understand why a vote was needed :rolleyes:

As for who we play, who cares? Although playing Sportstown I think there would be some added incentive since they kicked our arse during regular league play.

~TB.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knvb

The rest of the league has to use play-off games to decide promotion/relegation/champions etc, so from this perspective its only fair that the rule stand consistant for all. The real trouble is the rule itself. With all the terrible, terrible weather we've been having:rolleyes: , coupled with all the parks being closed, why do the league not change to a goals for/against ratio to decide these things and save themselves the headache. Just change the rule in the close season and use it across the board for the whole league...I can only think of 1 reason why they wouldn't do it...

Congrats on the win over Westside on the weekend. I watched the first half hour and left as it looked like they were gonna run up a cricket score. Good come back.

areallimeygaffa:cool:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't understand why a vote was needed
Don't forget that the TTP version is unofficial. For all we know, an official VMSL constitution may not actually exist.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB

If Surrey wins on Friday night there will be a playoff game to determine who faces Peg

Even if you meant Thursday you should check the "excellent site" becuase our game has been cancelled. Due to the park being over booked.

Cheers
JB

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even if you meant Thursday you should check the "excellent site" becuase our game has been cancelled. Due to the park being over booked.
Fcuking keystone cops, I tell ya :rolleyes: Why postpone it? They can't find another field between now and Friday?

~TB.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It has nothing to do with the field. We got Bear Creek for Friday, but I guess since 70% of Sporting still work the drive thu. That nights not good for them.

Something about 6 or 7 guys have to work. Where do the Pork Chops work? Is there a sweatshop being run somewhere? What happened to 9-5. Jesus guys, your not getting relegated. You stayed up. Throw your cousins and brothers out there. Who cares?

Another field is in the works, for Thursday. I'll update you later.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB

We were told that the field had been double booked we had our guys ready to go from what I know, but I could be wrong. That was the word from big bird:D .

As for our guys working drive thru that was the only place that would take us youngings. ;)

Cheers
JB

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game on

Surrey United after going to great pains to get this game done before the Imperial Cup final and Provincials have secured The Port Moody turf for their Thursday night/First place match vs. Sporting. 8:30 kick off.

Ref Beater don't forget my beer.

coachk

Jul 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
thurs night game

be good to get that game in and sit your suspended players unless Sportings drive in crew get a thursday call in ;)

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beer???

WTF from when do I own you beer??? Dont worry my truck is always filled with beer anyways;) . I'll be drinking earlier b/c it aint my week to play:(

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Beer???

Originally posted by ref beater
WTF from when do I own you beer??? Dont worry my truck is always filled with beer anyways;) . I'll be drinking earlier b/c it aint my week to play:(
I know you read the PM I sent you knucklehead :mad: Send a reply today before your match tonite :rolleyes:

~TB.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ref beater

Everyone seems to be on your ass for bets now because you seem to lose all the beats that you have made so far, want one for tonight;)

Cheers
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts