Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

League AGM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did anybody attend this last night? Currious to see if anything interesting came of it. I couldn't make it, on account that I had to attend a soccer game where the opposing team pulled a no-show.

Cainy: anything to report?

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

Same usual stuff but they are raiseing each teams performance bond from 60.00 to 200.00 so when guys get cards they don't have to nag teams they take it out of there then if your getting close to the 200.00 they will tell you .So the team take the fine money and puts into there account.:)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard about that. Don't quite like it- it takes the pressure off the players themselves to pay their own fines before they play. Now we have to chase players around to pay the team back, yet they'll be clear to play even if they don't pay.

No real big deal though. Anything else of interest? I heard the discipline board was to be shuffled...

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AGM

Dude, many others pointed this out at the meeting.

They explained that in such a case a player that does not pay the team back can be reported to BC soccer and they will refuse to register him with another team the following year, until he has paid the team he owes.

Rob Brown and Neil Fuge were re-elected as Prez & Secretary for 2 more years.

The League proposed raising referee fees to $50 and asst referees to $25. It was a nay vote, although BC Soccer will probably bring this into effect next year anyways.

There was also a vote on whether the League should schedule games on Remembrance Day. It was voted yes.

Next year they are not going to allow any teams to re-schedule games unless someone dies.....weddings, tournaments, etc are not acceptable reasons to re-schedule.

Other topics included cards being down from the previous year, Surrey teams that want to reserve gravel fields, FVSL allstar team and possibly a CAT21 division.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They explained that in such a case a player that does not pay the team back can be reported to BC soccer and they will refuse to register him with another team the following year, until he has paid the team he owes.

That makes sense. And I like it. A lot.

I'd agree with pretty much all those points. I've always thought the Remembrance Day game was good to have. We treat it as a tribute to the Vets and War Dead, and it always turns into an intense game. I can't say I'd be opposed to raising ref fees, if that will help attract more quality refs to the game. That way, we can weed out the shitty ones like Fat Monkey.:D

Good on the vote to re-elect Neil and Rob.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was also a vote on whether the League should schedule games on Remembrance Day. It was voted yes.
That's bullshite.

Next year they are not going to allow any teams to re-schedule games unless someone dies.....weddings, tournaments, etc are not acceptable reasons to re-schedule.
That's also bullshite.

And if the league prez or secretary have a problem with myself posting that, they can have the courtesy of returning my frickin emails rather than me hearing second hand that they think TTP does the FVSL a dis-service, portraying the league in a negative light.

Pull a finger out.

~TB.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting that you heard that. Whom from?

Basically, the league is getting free advertising out of TTP. Should more FVSL players know about TTP (i.e.: via the league website), more FVSL players would post positive comments regarding the league. Just like most of the negative comments about the VMSL are made by FVSL players, most of the negative comments about the FVSL are posted by VMSL players. There are clearly far more VMSL players posting on TTP- getting the word out to more FVSL players would help balance the power.

Even here in Surrey, the league gets very little, to no press in the local rags. I know personally, I am far better informed now about the league, players, and gossip having been involved with TTP than before I started lurking, then posting.

I will say that Neil and Bobby do a good job, but I also agree that TTP has probably done more service for the league than disservice. Perhaps they don't like the league players being too well informed on league matters.

It would be nice to hear the official line on that.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
More or Less

At the meeting the Executive explained that by not raising referee and asst referee fees the League is running the risk of losing officials to youth, because refereeing youth games is easier.

The math works out to $200 more a year for Premier and $100 for the other Divs.

I am the first one to agree the officiating on a week to week basis lacks consistency (that is PC for bad), but if it means losing officials...

Just at the chance of getting an advantage I want the referees to know Delta voted yes. Keep that in mind when doing Delta games next year.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why wouldn't they go to youth, unless they actually aspire to climb the officiating ranks? You get paid more to make easier decisions. The worst part of reffing youth may be having to deal w/ irate parents, but that's nothing compared to dealing with a field full of grown men getting pissed at you.

I wasn't there to make my vote count though, so my opinion is moot.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at the meeting

Just for the record I voted for the pay increase for the officials, however I am biased. My dad is an ref and mama needs some new shoes.:D

I don't like the two hundred dollar bond either, puts more responsibility on me to get on the lads to buck up and we have some Irish, English, and scottish cheap cnunts on my side.

As far as Regs comment on hearing second hand that Fvsl don't like the TTP, I've heard the same thing. I don't know why the would feel this, exept for the fact that most of the executive are referees, and thus are put under the microscope to a degree. However I think our league executive are top class, and do a great job. I feel comfortable that our league is solid for many years to come.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: I was at the meeting

Originally posted by cainy
and mama needs some new shoes.:D

No she doesn't, they're not lost.
She left them here at my place last night.
I'll give 'em to ya next match.:eek:

Just for the record, we also voted for the increase too.
And, we're quite chuffed about the reigning executive being re-elected.

Bunch of ball lickers :D

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
rob brown

you tossers should listen to this man

only one thing ,I didnt know HITLER was ENGERLISH:D ;) :confused: :eek: :confused:

glad that I dont have to bear another season of shite refs,the whole league has no respect for any of the refs , the only good one is KEVIN UPPAL:D :D

cheers kev!!

sid:cool:

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A bit harsh mate

Sidiculous, settle down, Ive played in both leagues, and our refs are most definatley better. Bob Sawtell is an excellent ref, Kevin is good aswell, Mike Hill did a game last year, PAU versus Surrey Peg, it was a war, spirits were high, tackles were fierce, a couple of shoving matches, quite a few guys had picked up yellow cards during the match, and didn't back off, Mike did a great job, I couldn't imagine what it would have been like to ref that match, no one was ejected 1 nill was the score and P A U were the winners. Sid you could end up back in the Valley one day so be careful mate;)

TheFenian

Jan 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: I was at the meeting

[I don't like the two hundred dollar bond either, puts more responsibility on me to get on the lads to buck up and we have some Irish, English, and scottish cheap cnunts on my side.

Yaeh those English and Scots are cheap fukcs. But the Irish always are glad to lend a penny.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: I was at the meeting

Originally posted by TheFenian
[I don't like the two hundred dollar bond either, puts more responsibility on me to get on the lads to buck up and we have some Irish, English, and scottish cheap cnunts on my side.

Yaeh those English and Scots are cheap fukcs. But the Irish always are glad to lend a penny.
nice one
click on www.embark.to/vata,
go to nations cup on side bar

cheers

sidney vicious:eek:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Referee Fees

I was interested in the comments that some believe that BC Soccer will raise the ref fees to $50 next year. I am not sure that a lot of refs will go to youth soccer necessarily (unless they pay more than $40 - do they?), but it is maybe time that some increase for refs for winter leagues was properly considered by both the FVSL and VMSL.

Maybe Premier is where you start to increase it first or increase it more than for the other divisions ($50 and $45). Premier games are usually faster with a lot on the line as there is usually not much separating top teams from the bottom at that level. At the same time, from looking at the VMSL discipline lists, there are a lot of names from Div. 2 and 3 teams that suggest these games can be tough also, but for different reasons.

It is unlikely that the quality of refereeing will rise if they get more money. But, they need to be better compensated if we are to attract good people to ref in the future. A lot of guys are aging and players are playing much longer and this doesn't help get new referees.

One thing I'd like to see referees or the league do if they get more money and it is a simple thing. Each referee should be monitored for the number of cards he gives out as it often seems that some guys are card crazy and do this week after week in games where this is unjustified. Just a thought.

Hey STD, I mean SID:

What kind of crap you pedalling here Sid?? I thought this was supposed to be about your ex-league's AGM??? Not some dumbass crap that is not relevant.

That is hardly the Nations Cup site either, but then again you probably have a hard time with reading comprehension as you are so full of shite your eyes can hardly focus.

Every time I read one of your dumb posts I can't help thinking- a hundred thousand sperm and YOU were the fastest! When they circumcised you, they threw away the wrong bit.

One thing about Sid though as Groucho Marx once said: He may look like an idiot, and he may sound like an idiot, but don't let him fool you. He really is an idiot!!!
:p

Webster

Jul 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
glad that I dont have to bear another season of shite refs,the whole league has no respect for any of the refs , the only good one is KEVIN UPPAL

I'll be glad when I don't have to log on to TTP and read any more of your bullshit. If you've left the valley then why don't you leave your shite comments out of it as well?????????

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Webster

Sid is a legend in these parts that is why he won't leave. A legend in his own mind. Sid is all class - unfortunately third!:p

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cainy not that old

Cainy: Not sure they organized the o60 League yet so don't know what they pay. Also way too young for that league.

Judging by your comment, you kinda have trouble counting to 60! :p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0