Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leafs Nation is back in the dance.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
At least the Oilers are out. Why?
Dave Chapelle GIF by moodman

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
View attachment 37562

Don’t touch the roster, it was the GM that didn’t get it done :rolleyes:
He didnt have a contract and wanted full reigns and wasnt going to get it. Marc Hunter looks like the top choice which means Marner is safe.

Only trade that makes sense before July 1 is Matthews but they won't trade him.

They would be stupid to trade Nylander.

Dubas to be president of hockey operations with Sens is the rumor.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
well, it was the GM that refused to touch his precious roster...

his end of season presser, where he moped about how hard the year was and not being sure about what he wanted to do, may have cost him his job... can't imagine the suits liked hearing that kind of ambivalence, and were happy to make the decision for him.

they also canned the entire coaching staff of the Marlies today; I'm guessing they bring in an experienced GM and that Keefe is gone in fairly short order too...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
well, it was the GM that refused to touch his precious roster...

Well as much as I don’t like them, that’s a pretty damn good roster, that didn’t produce by in the playoffs.

Sure could use Andersen now though I bet. :)

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I could care less he’s leaving or how they do. I just think it’s funny how someone acts human for a minute and it’s moping and looked down upon. Guys clearly passionate and I’m sure the endless hours/stress has been hard on the family. 37 and he’s a multi millionaire, go enjoy a little less high pressured life and enjoy your family I say. He put a good team together that was too soft to get it down. On him sure, but those dainty Dans need to look in the Mirror and figure out what it takes.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I could care less he’s leaving or how they do. I just think it’s funny how someone acts human for a minute and it’s moping and looked down upon. Guys clearly passionate and I’m sure the endless hours/stress has been hard on the family. 37 and he’s a multi millionaire, go enjoy a little less high pressured life and enjoy your family I say. He put a good team together that was too soft to get it down. On him sure, but those dainty Dans need to look in the Mirror and figure out what it takes.

I'm sure it was genuinely stressful and I agree with the tenor of your comments. My sympathy is a little truncated, however, because of my perception of the level of arrogance and condescension in his approach. I have a lot more sympathy for Bruce Boudreau than I do Kyle Dubas, let's put it that way...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don’t disagree with you there. I’m a big Bruce guy. Just seems like a genuinely great human. He left my friends kid a video message when he was in the hospital. Just seems to get the little things in life.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
what I find fascinating is that it's June 28th, and they have real issues with their "core four" in terms of no trade / movement clauses kicking in July 1st, and Matthews and Nylander entering their walk years... crickets in terms of changing anything up...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
what I find fascinating is that it's June 28th, and they have real issues with their "core four" in terms of no trade / movement clauses kicking in July 1st, and Matthews and Nylander entering their walk years... crickets in terms of changing anything up...
Haven't you been following the leafs media? Both will be signing long term deals.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0