Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Launch Rumours

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm hearing some announcements coming as soon as October, some tidbits in this article:

Coles Notes:

• north van council meeting spilled the beans
  • Faly FC application with the name Altitude FC
  • May - July season, matches on weekends though application was for field use April - August
  • branding and club names developed by BC Soccer
  • 6 - 8 clubs first season, not really clear
  • 14 matches plus playoffs which kinda means 8 teams
  • 6 U23 players minimum on the field at all times
  • 6 players on professional contracts maximum
  • $5000 maximum professional salary
  • 3 international players maximum
Does anyone have any info on the salary aspect? Is that for the season?

Lots to discuss, have at it!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
I don't have time to listen through right now, but apparently official now with May 2022 KO:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Logo

XmblNdpa_400x400.jpg

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely about time, glad to see it happening.

There will be a fall-out somewhere due to redundancy, and certainly a change in the landscape. Time will tell, will be what it will be. Ultimately I hope this means we can see more professionals making the leap out of BC.

Early in listening now, sounds like there is a big focus on the women's game, too (WL1BC), and if so that's fantastic.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Maybe I shouldn't be so surprised; a good way to keep their USports players sharp.

Anyone heard if there is to be a squad affiliated with any Surrey Clubs playing out of Newton? Or a Langley entry?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league has been pretty selective with who they've let in. Teams caught up in Newton shenanigans don't meet the criteria. Neither do ones who think they can buy everyone in sight despite what the rules of competition state.

There will only be a single entry south of the Fraser and they will be based in Langley, but don't expect them to be affiliated with an existing club there.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Episode 485 here was pretty decent from a couple of angles. @GoF interviewed TSS' two headed dragon, Colin and Willy. Not sure either are on TTP anymore (believe at least Willy was once?). https://aftn.ca/

It's a good interview, gives some good insight into the league and TSS in particular, and supporter "owned" club, thought it's not 50+1, more like 50-1.

On principal, I agree w/ a lot of their philosophies and "Get it". I know these guys are polarizing personalities, so maybe even writing this invites a lot of barbs. The main issue I have is how it seems the league has jumped into bed w/ the FVSL, and what is happening w/ that Premier division, which I wholeheartedly disagree with. Anyways, that's another thread....

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just want to see the local talent get a sniff. That's what the team should be about. A few players from the VMSL and FVSL can make a jump. I do not want to see TWUs college team in it. Shat, I cant even watch their regular games. Each college team has a few good players but the rest fall into div.1 category. They need good young players that are used to the men's game already.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Episode 485 here was pretty decent from a couple of angles. @GoF interviewed TSS' two headed dragon, Colin and Willy. Not sure either are on TTP anymore (believe at least Willy was once?). https://aftn.ca/

It's a good interview, gives some good insight into the league and TSS in particular, and supporter "owned" club, thought it's not 50+1, more like 50-1.

On principal, I agree w/ a lot of their philosophies and "Get it". I know these guys are polarizing personalities, so maybe even writing this invites a lot of barbs. The main issue I have is how it seems the league has jumped into bed w/ the FVSL, and what is happening w/ that Premier division, which I wholeheartedly disagree with. Anyways, that's another thread....

It's going to be a lot more difficult for them to find talent with 7 teams in BC competing at their level, as opposed to before when it was just them and Highlanders.

If they are relying purely on players "coming home to live in mom's basement because it's free and she cooks for me" as Willie exclaimed in that interview, I am worried about the quality of this league.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts