Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

U21 Last U21 player to make the 'big' leagues

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just outta curiousity, can anyone name a couple of players that were 'developed' in the VMSL U21 league and are now playing in the regular league?

To be honest, I can't think of a single young player that I've noticed in recent years that has.

Exactly what is the point of this U21 division anyways?

~TBlookingforsometrafficinthisforum.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although my range of knowledge in the U-21 area is slight, I'm pretty sure that John Chou (I think that's his first name) and Nicky Alvarado play for both the Westside A-Boys and the U-21's. They may be too old for U-21's this year.

Keeperwho'sgoingforsushinow

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I played in the u-21 league. But that was with Burnaby. And I now play with Sporting. And we just got into premier. And 2 Left Feet says I'm a shite goalie with shite technique on a shite team. Do I still count?

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

I played one year of U-21 the year before I went to Langara. The Coppin brothers, Zeus, Jarvie, and a bunch of other guys, who now play for Sportstown, were on the same Richmond team. We were known as Richmond Real and were part of RUFC. Almost all of the players on that team are now either in Div.1 or the Premiership. We used to love putting 5 goals a game past young sensei.;)

Cheers,:D

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cobwebs....

Back in the days of outdoor toilets and gas lanterns, in the days before there were any bridges over the Fraser River, Buckfast and I played for the Firefighters in one of the first incarnations of the U-21 league. Coached by John Sneddon, I believe a few of the lads are still playing in the 'big league', mostly with Metro-Ford, Ken Strain and Sneds being the first to come to mind. The rest of 'em are either in Australia last I heard (Dale Robertson), playing in the FVSL, or have retired from the game to concentrate on a late introduction to the rave scene.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey U has a good program going now with excellences camps
and what not and I know there 4 or 5 U-21's that are going to play in the "show" very soon they are allready practiceing with us.

hopeingsandmandoesnotcallmearrogantagain;)

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the Croats on Croatia A with the exception of a few played U-21 for Croatia at one time.

Croatia no longer has a U-21 program....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fatty:

When did Dale Robertson move to Austrailia? Did Dean go too?

Sensei Hanson: If the Slug says it, it must be true! :D ;)

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fatty?

Dood,

I last saw Dale last summer at which point he was off to Oz. I haven't heard anything since though we do exchange Christmas cards. I'll let you know.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
February

Dale sent a bunch of emails to the HBD list but nothing since February... he was incohent to say the least and at the time was apparently in Thailand. No idea why.

That's the last I've heard from him and as Fasty pointed out, he left last September/October.

~TB.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts