Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Langley Premier / Cat / Div 1 Tryouts

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tryouts for Langley's Premier team as well as Cat and some Division one spots. Monday July 28th 2003 - 6:30 PM @ DW POPPY SECONDARY SCHOOL....

Anyone need more information send me a message.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How Many Spots Open

GEU has only 2 spots open with 16 already sealed up. How many are available in Langley, I am trying to decide where I have a better shot at making the team. 2/18 is not the best odds, I am hoping for at least 50% open spots at least.
Ask Capt., it is all about the odds.

I still think it is a little early, we havn't even had the Nations Cup yet, also known as the Poachers Cup, when Club I makes its big push for players.;)

HOS

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well....

Potentially ALL spots are available in langley. With a complete re-vamping of our club system proposed for this year there should be lots of spots. I believe we intend to sign the best players available at tryouts.

Its hard to comment on how many spots exactly are available till we see the numbers at the tryout sessions.

We are looking for many Premier Caliber Players as well as a good mix of Players for the Cat team.

Langley's Division 1 and 2 teams will also need a handfull of players to fill their rosters after a few hopefully get promoted.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that is Good

Originally posted by suburbanator
Potentially ALL spots are available in langley.

I think that means good odds, but I will have to ask the Capt. for the exact numbers. Hey Odds Maker, could we get an update.

HOS

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
reminder

Just a reminder that Tryouts are tomorow (Monday). Anyone wishing to tryout please feel free to show up, or send me a message if you can't make tomorow night.

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Sub !

How were the try outs on Monday did you guys see some new faces & old are most of your guys coming back .

Cheers

Rex :)

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Changes?

So by not posting I assume that it was the same guys from last year trying out?You guys need quite a few changes to be competative this year so hopefully to make the division stronger something is changed.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't think Sub logs on here every day like some lifeless individuals.

:rolleyes:

We had about 55 guys out. Basically, every team in the club was called up to come out, plus a bunch of newbs. One TTPer who's name sounds like Mazda also showed up for a run.;)

Good run, and surprisingly well run for so many guys.

One note: only about 6 guys from last year's team showed; three were too injured to train. Looks like change is comming.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should be a much bigger turnout this Tuesday. Most of the players who did not show at the first training session due to playing in our Summer League Final (that we won:D ) will be out there.

Looks like change is comming.

And it is about time that all the Langley teams started getting along. The change is definatley for the better.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Changes?

Originally posted by girth
So by not posting I assume that it was the same guys from last year trying out?You guys need quite a few changes to be competative this year so hopefully to make the division stronger something is changed.

Thanks for your kind advice Girth. It would be my intention to improve all teams that are part of the new Langley Club system and I am sorry I was unable to post sooner. I left the tryouts and headed immediately on a road trip to Nevada.

Our 1st session of tryouts were held with a great turnout. My Count had 52 People there, not including the several members of LUFC who were in attendance co-ordinating the event. I also know of several people interested in playing with us that were unable to make the 1st session.

I would like to encourage ALL those that attended the 1st session to come out again on Tuesday for our 2nd session as well as any others who are interested.

Remember we are filling spots on several teams so there are some great and competative places to play.

Thanks to anyone that helped out.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tryouts - Again

Thanks again to everyone that attended LUFC's second session. It was again a good turnout, approaching 60 players.

Our next session is MONDAY, AUGUST 11th: 6:30 @ DW POPPY.

If you haven't tried out yet and are interested in a Premier, Cat, or Div 1 Spot in Langley then you SHOULD attend the next tryout.

On another note the Langley Turf field complex appears to be coming along well. They have announced that it is slightly behind schedule but apparently will be ready for this upcoming season.

Thanks.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TRYOUTS - CONTINUED

With most of our tryouts completed I would like to thank anyone that attended.

We are continuing again on MONDAY, AUGUST 25th as there are still many positions available on the DIVISION ONE squad. Anyone that is interested please feel free to join us, or send me a PM.

Thanks.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts