Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ladner Over-35 Thursday Night League 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ladner Over-35 Thursday Night League

Well I started a new venture tonight at Port Guichon Elementary in Ladner. I showed up at 6:20 for a 6:30 game and figured that was enough time to warm up. Unfortunately, when I arrived, I noticed that we only had 7 other players. I thought.......surely, others would be arriving soon.......but they didn't. The whistle blew and we started and finished with 8 fcuking men. Fortunately, the players on the other team could have been the worst 16 players ever assembled, at any level. We were only down 2 - 1 at the half. Once again, unfortunately, I was the youngest guy on our team and was expected to do more running than the rest of the team. Not a good thing. They scored a couple to make it 4-1. Their 58 year old striker scored a cracker from 8 yards out. At this point, I decided to bring my blistering speed(I was bullet beside the grandfathers who were 'marking' me) up front. It paid immediate dividends, as I scored withing two minutes. Of course at this time, I was feeling the need for more. Unfortunately, I stubbed my dink on two efforts after dipsy-doodling:)rolleyes: ) by the two Special Olympics defenders. I even hit a right footer than flew over the net. At the end, I still didn't know the name of the team I was playing for and certainly didn't know who I was playing against. One guy asked me if I was Stephen Burns and claimed that he played on Club Ireland about 16 years ago. Of course, I claimed to remember him and it was nice that his gut was sticking out a lot more than mine. I felt good at that point. The two grandfathers playing in the backline were probably their best players. They even had an English accent, so they had to be good.

Next week, Screw You Captain will be venturing into these unchartered waters. He really doesn't know what he is getting himself into. Actually, it was kind of fun, despite the fact I did more running than I did all season in Division One.......

The Over 35 Man

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain you have resorted to cheating to finally score a goal.;) You had to forge your birth certificate to finally feel good about yourself. How proud you must be to be taking the piss out of over 35 special olympic players. Or is this one of your many humanitarian efforts to help them get ready for the Special Olympics this summer.:D What a great guy you are Captain.:rolleyes:

Parkhead

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like you are doing a very humanitarin thing indeed as Parkhead mention. You will have to let me know in advance when you are playing so that I can take a stroll out on a thursday night and watch the talent go to work:rolleyes: . I could if you would like do some action photos for you, if I can keep up, and then display them on TTP or print them and add them to the rest.

Cheers
JB

:wa: :knvb: :bronco:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, the league allows FOUR players between the age of 30 and 35.......As I stated yesterday, I am closer to 35 than 34, so I am technically 35. The goal was worthy at any level. :rolleyes: I was able to use some of the moves that I teach the girls at practice. Of course they never worked but I was able to use them.

Captain who is attempting to win the golden boot this summer in the Ladner Over-35's League......:)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J_B,

Spectators and photographers are more than welcome. You must be very careful though, because a lot of the players' eyes are very sensitive to flashes. This could be directly attributed to their age.

The bottom line is that I am the youth movement of this team I am playing for. I don't know the name yet but I will get that info before next weeks game and I will even find out who we are playing.

BTW, SYC, you just need to wear a black t-shirt. We don't have uniforms.......:rolleyes:

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, SYC, you just need to wear a black t-shirt. We don't have uniforms.......

You should tape the numbers on the backs of your black t-shirts in flourence(sp?) colors, because you mentioned something about vision for the olders ones I thought you could us that to your advantage. I know the Captain is always looking for that edge.:D

Cheers
JB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good thinking, J_B, but I don't think that would be necessary. The wind burns the guys receive when I blow by them should suffice. :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that is an achievement!!

How many golden boots have you won in your life? Sometimes, you just have to set new 'standards/goals' for yourself. If my niche(sp?) is in the over 50's, I mean Over 35 league, then so be it. Don't be jealous..... :rolleyes:

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you playing on a Richmond Based team or a Ladner based one, I know the league quite well which is kinda funny. I am not explaining why atleast on here.

As for the wind is that from you trying to get your breath back or from running by them could you please make that clear for me.:D

Cheers
JB

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What team do play for Captain?

Your behind in the race for the Golden boot. One of our players scored 2 during our game.

6:20 seems pretty early to show up for th 6:30 game.
\We had 7 players a 6:15 and by 10 minutes into game we had a full complement of 13.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blazearmy,

I believe I am playing for Tsawwassen. I am going to protest because you are not even over-30......:p At least I am close to the proper age........BTW, are you going to be trying to stop the Captain from pushing for the elusive Ladner Over35 Golden Boot? It would be quite a prestigious award that I would most certainly cherish for the rest of my footballing career. ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain you have resorted to cheating to finally score a goal. You had to forge your birth certificate to finally feel good about yourself. How proud you must be to be taking the piss out of over 35 special olympic players.

I am nearly 30 do I qualify?

Now you want a piece of the action? No chance. You're too tall and would take away my chance of playing striker. I can't have any interference in my quest for that golden boot......

Quit sending conflicting signals, Bigyun. ;)

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain I will play sweeper. Actually after seeeing the state of the players you play against it wouls probably be better that i didn't play at all. i mwouldn't want to embarass you in front of your new found friends.:eek:

Parkheadproudtobeyoungerthanthecaptain

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe i am grandfathered into legality by old rules.
That and i have the body of an overweight 40 year old

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mwouldn't

With words like this, they wouldn't let you into the league anyway. There are some standards you know......

Blaze, the protest has just been sent in. I have been informed by some very reliable sources that your team in fact has no less than five 'cheaters'. If this hinders my chance of winning the golden boot, the league will certainly know about it......

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just trying to fit in Captain. I thought they might not notice that I was not one of them .
mwouldn't
Some of us can not pull it off the way you do. They probably don't even now that you are not as special as they are.:rolleyes:

Parkhead

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, as agoalie I am except from your age eligibility rules.

As for stopping your Golden boot winning campaign, we'll see.

(I am easily bribed, as long as the beer is cold.)

Enjoy the beautiful smell of Port Gichon again tonight.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by BlazeArmy
Captain, as agoalie I am except from your age eligibility rules.

As for stopping your Golden boot winning campaign, we'll see.

(I am easily bribed, as long as the beer is cold.)

Enjoy the beautiful smell of Port Gichon again tonight.

but Jolly keeps telling me that you suck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts