Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ladner Over-35 Thursday Night League 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wednesday night.....

Unfortunately, I am already committed on Wednesdays - Airport League games in Richmond - so I won't be able to come out for that one (those what can't play, coaches....). Where/when do you play next?:)

Piece,

Stew:cool: - just another old guy who wants to cram in more soccer to speed up his rehab....:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stew,

I believe it is next the following Thursday at Holly Park. I will in fact confirm that when I check the schedule on Monday......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Us 3 Rangers F.C. 5

It was nice to see Rangerforever out there, and even nicer when he told me the score of the Celtic game during the game. Rangerforever marked me out of the game completely, so I dropped back to midfield. :) I had the greatest miss of the season, missing a 7 yarder on a great cut back. I managed to put it over the open net. Nice. I'm certainly not going to win many golden boots with finish like that. :rolleyes:

Anyway, we are a shoc-king team and we scored 2 late goals to make the score respectable but we basically had the piss taken out of us for 90 minutes.

Goal tally 4 Games played 4

Shoc-king....

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Captain, the news gets even worse. Due to another stunning example of my incompetence, I registered for a course that I'd already taken. That's right folks, degree number three and I haven't figured out registration...

Anyway, this all means that my Thursdays are once again freed up to give you sitters in the eighteen to shank.

Cheers

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good time out there last night for my first game in this league after surviving tax season.
I knew Shamrock played in this league and it was ironic my first game was against him.
It's a good pace but with no animosity or hard tackles which makes it a lot of fun actually.

After the Captain doing some razzle dazzle leaving my shorts lying on the ground in the box, he proceded to crap his. :D
RF with a stellar rendition of "shite the bed" to end the play. :D
Yeah right I'm not gonna talk about it. ;)

In all fairness Captain you more than made up for it with your last goal.
What a finish :eek: from about 20-25 yards.
You and Frenchie started to dominate in the last 20 minutes actually and we were lucky we held on.
You lot only had 11 and I was amazed how you took over late in the game considering.

Anyway, good match brother and we'll see you next time.

RF

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, while my blazing speed and Real Madridesque touch are more appreciated in the over 35 league, I wasn't playing last night. There's another frog on the team.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah-huh, eet ees how do you say, so, en francais?

I'll need to keep an eye out for this other Black Jacques Shelaques.

J'adore les grenouilles,

ForeverRanger

What is the deal in this league?
Can you play a certain amount of under (ringer) 35s?
Or is that offside like Burnsie's goal? ;)

Or is it a secret?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'M PRETTY SURE IT'S A SECRET!!! DON'T TELL ANYONE!!!

At least Scud looks old.

Dude-29andreadyforover35now.:eek:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your allowed 4 players from 30-34 years old on each team.
Goalies don't can't and can be any age
there are 2 exceptions to the 30 -34 rule who are both under 30 but have played in league for 10 years.

The league website has ages and team lists posted to it. Also gives goal totals for players.

http://www3.telus.net/ladnerover35

Unfortunately my only chance to screw the captains Golden Boot winning campaign passed with no appearance from the Captain.
He says he was in Campbell River but my intelligencesays he was just scared of my goaltending abilities. He of course would havr obviouslly missed the penalty which my team gave up:D .
Hopefully we will play the Captain in the Playoffs. It should most likely be in the first round, 1 vs 8.

Actually RangerForever if Tsawwassen had 11 they were doing 100 times better than normal, i think that was the first time they've had 11 out this season

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers BA. ;)

I thought there was a sort of "Import" rule for under 35 and a Grandfather clause as well.
Perhaps I shouldn't refer to it as that considering the age in the league.
Might offend some people......:D

With Captain Shamrock in the line-up, 11 is probably too much for most teams to handle anyway.

:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Captain Shamrock in the line-up, 11 is probably too much for most teams to handle anyway.

That's an insult, right? Good, let's move on......

It was a fun game except the field was a little bit of a match box. There was very little room out there for either team, but we were very lucky to even make it close at the end. If you guys buried your chances, it would have been at least 10.........

BTW, Rangerforever, I didn't mention your attempted volley in the first half, did I? :) Remember that one..........:D :D

Dartsinthehood

Mar 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BA

Hey BlazeArmy, rules

Your team is obviously breaking every single one.

you have at least 10players under 35.

BTW you goalkeeping skills couldn't stop the Captain or anyone else for that matter if u were keeping a paper bag. shok- ing.

If the Captain would allow me to come out and hack around I would promise you that i would stuff at least six on you.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the Captain and 10 other players no team in our league is safe.

DITH, as for me, I'm really only there because I can put on a good show at the pub.(actually I would say I put on a spectacular show). My shotstopping skills are non-existent, I would dream to have Hands of Stone, I throw like a girl and my foot speed makes sloths look like world class sprinters. Quite frankly I could be the worst Keeper to ever step onto a pitch. Occasionally I will play against form and actually stop a few shots, but those "saves" i do make are really just shots that hit me and i can't get out of the way of.

I wouldn't be that worried about you Bantoo, I'd just sick Daddy on you and you would have no chance.

Last night the 8 men of mighty Thistle played a team with 11 players. We should have scored 2 in the first half, but sh*t the bed on about 5 chances. 0-0 at halftime as the other team proceeded to hit every shot they had into places i couldn't get out of the way of. Early 2nd half we go up on a nice goal. We keep them out till about the 75 minute when a deflected clearance drops to one of there 4 forwards who managed to toe poke it off the post and in. About 10 minutes to go and we go up 2-1 on a breakway from literally 15 yards inside our own half.(apparently the 11 men were a little upset anout losing to 8 and had pushed a few guys forward, no wait , everyone forward.)
Unfortunately at that point we were done. they managed to score 3 times in the last 7 minutes. For some reason they wee real,real excited about beating our 8 men. Don't know why as their players almost got in a fight with each other.

To make matters worse as I get to the car the 'Nucks are up 2-0 and then proceed to crap the bed like the Captain inside the 6 yard box.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You had 9

You've got to count that twat that kept calling us offside. And dont sell yourself short, for someone of your size you did a great job of shot stopping. You really don't leave us much room to put the ball past you.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
True, you guys were offside (or called offside:D ) at my guess 30 times in the game. i think by the second half his whistle was worn out. Anyway we were pretty happy even wth our performance, i'm certain you guys wern't very happy with yours. A few of your guys seem to like bitching at every one else on the team. we got a few like that but what do you do.

Hopefully we can play you again with 11

cheers

army

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Guys Can I play

Captain,

How's it goin?
Are you guys still look for players?
I fit into the 30-35 range and play more like a 40 year old.
If so, say the word.
I promise..no I gaurantee I will not attempt to take the Golden boot award away from you.

Vinnie
"Nice shot vinnie"
"ummm that was a pass"

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all true....

....Captain, Vinnie plays exactly like a 40 year old; I've seen it.....:D
My excuse is that I actually am 40.

...Vinnie, bad enough you didn't come out on Tuesday night with FOB FC.:p

My Physio told me today that I could get back on a bike; this means that I can start riding the 10 K back to work. With any luck, I'll be back on the field beginning of next month.:rolleyes:

Piece,

Stew:cool: (off to Kamloops this weekend to save TTPkind from new cougars.....):D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0