Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ladner Over-35 Thursday Night League 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was certainly a shock-ing display this evening. Good thing we had some good hoops to balance out the sporting endeavours tonights.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, our team is shoc-king. I can't see the golden boot fitting me at this point. I had TWO glorious chances with one effort hitting the post and the other seeing the keeper slip and block my shot. Otherwise, it was very difficult to concentrate with the hecklers on the sideline....:rolleyes:

Screw You ran enough for a few teams tonight......Either way, I am guaranteeing a goal in my next game. If not, wings are on me at the Landing after. :rolleyes:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SixFyv, Yes I pretty much suck.

Captain, I can't wait to see you try to put one by me next week. I scoff at your guarantee of a goal. Wings on me if you score.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guarantee you I will NOT score on you next week because I will be in Campbell River with the high school girls team. After my misses last night, I think I would have been buying the wings.......However, I am confident when we get a fcuking full team, I might have a bit more energy to focus on goal scoring instead of chasing.......:rolleyes: How did your game go last night? I think we lost 5 - 0.......

Captain

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game on Thursday went pretty well. 9-0 over the International selects. Even with 8 guys how did you lose to those guys. They were ba-ad. Good LUck in Campbell River, Keep DITH under control.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, they are fcuking awful. You haven't seen our squad though. We are not exactly world beaters.....Besides, your team is cheating, BlazeArmy. You are playing underage players....;)

I will do my best to keep DITH under control....

Captain(I can't log on as the Captain thanks to the Power)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have one player under 30 but he is allowed to play by the League.(he's played for 10 years in the league). We have 3 players between 30and 34, everyone else is over 35.
Maybe i should say DITH should keep you under control.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who won the big match last week, BlazeArmy? I assume we were lumped again, unless of course, we had a full team? Give us the gory details, Blaze.

CaptainwhowillbelookingtogetonthescoresheetagainonWednesday

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final score Thistle 3- Tsawwassen-0

You guys started with 8 but we gave you a player to make 9. You actually carried play for 1st 10 minutes of game. Then the onslaught began. McCabe had a blinder of a game in goal, he must have stopped about 20 shots on goal and 6 or 7 were absolutely spectacular. your 10 player showed up about 30 min in. 1-0 score at half. We scored twice in 2nd half but game was never really close. You guys missed a penalty with score 2-0 about 15 minutes left.(i assume my presence in goal had them scared stiff to take it. Not a bad penalty he managed to keep ball inside the 6 yard box as it went over the goal line.)

Anyway, when you guys get a full team out you should do pretty well. Stefen(sp?(frenchie), said starting this week you should have a full team out. I assume that surely only means your participation is worth at least 2 players. giving you a full complement of 11.

Unfortunatley we don't play you guys again, until playoffs.

FYI website address

www3.telus.net/ladnerover35

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, it is very difficult to win games with only 9 players. Captain, I looked at the schedule and it appears we are playing Thursday at Holly, not Wednesday. This will likely be my last game in this league as my classes start up again next week. No more passing in the 18 this week;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it is Thursday, then that might mess up my darts plans on Wednesday. Actually, it won't. Thursday at Holly it is, I guess.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had a solid 5 - 1 win tonight. :rolleyes: The score should have been about 9 - 9, but it wasn't. The CAptain potted two tonight, one with his RIGHT peg. I was stoned by the keeper once, crossbar once, and the ref once. Yes, the ref. He was inside the fcuking six yard box and he blocked a shot that was going for the back of the onion bag. Cnut.

Three goals in three games is not going to cut it though for the golden boot. I missed a game too, so I have to hog the ball that much more next week. ;)

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A solid win against perhaps the whiniest team ever. They simply could not hit the net which, when playing against a 45 year keeper with a shite knee, is not good. Captain should have definitely had more but they were lucky not to be burned by one of SYC's 16 giveaways. Some positive vibes from the team after the game at the beer cooler. They were trying to recruit the Power and I for their next game but I'm not sure I could pass for anything close to 35. Perhaps I could play keeper though, apparently no age limit for that. On second thought, that might not be such a good idea, after watching the Captain explode on the ref at the girls game yesterday I wouldn't want to incure his wrath if I let in a soft one.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
but I'm not sure I could pass for anything close to 35.

Don't underestimate yourself or your appearance for that matter. ;)

I'm leaving right now so I will be there at about 8:09, allowing us just enough time to pinch a couple of muffins and a gallon of orange juice. You have to love Pro-D days....:rolleyes:

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not really. I should be golfing with The Power right now. How exactly am I supposed to contribute to school planning for next year?:mad:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
players?

let's see.....

"old" [tick]
"slow" [tick]
"body of an overweight 40 year old" [tick]
"coming off of a major injury" [tick]

Captain, if you still need bodies, give me a call in about a month. I may have actually convinced my doctor to let me play again by then. In my case, the "body of an overweight 40 year old" would be a good thing, as I am 40mumble years old now (that's actually 29 with lots of experience).

Aside from that, I would like to have the chance to challenge somebody for a scoring title again....:D

Piece,

Stew:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're in Stew, once I know who you are. I can't have anyone challenging the team lead in goals, let alone the golden boot. :rolleyes:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
who am I?

darts at ten paces?;) Do you really want to know?

best TTP'er to ask would be Vinnie - he's been playing with me on my teams for the last two summers (ask him about FOB FC). Steve Nesin knows me too well, as he's had to play against me for the past 12 years. Peter and I have met and shared single malt. Jinky and I have beer-swilling friends in common, but have only eclipsed each other's orbits in the beer garden at Kamloops. I'll probably be hurling abuse at Keeper (and others) in Squamish tomorrow morning (still need more players, BTW), especially if he has anything to do with ugly orange uniforms on players over the age of 30.

Best thing to do would be to let me know where you are playing (hopefully most of the games are Thursday nights) and I'll come out to scout.

Besides, why would you have to worry about an old, overweight injured guy contending for your scoring title?:D :rolleyes:

Go Canucks!!!

Piece,

Stew:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Besides, why would you have to worry about an old, overweight injured guy contending for your scoring title?

Because that is exactly what I am....... :)

Our next game is Wednesday night at Holly Park. It is the only Wednesday night game in the Thursday night league......:rolleyes: Hopefully I will see you there....

Captainwhoisstillcurious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts