Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lacrosse

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Ravens opened up today. The lost 16 - 11 to Toronto. Did anybody go? Is anybody going to go to any Ravens games this year?

Even though it is a winter league, does anyone think the NLL will put an end to the WLA?

Anyone?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did anyone see that elbow?

I was already to go until Canada 3000 went under. I tried to get Jimmy Holiday to sort me out but he said there was no way to get into the big smoke on such short notice now :D

I watched bits and pieces of it on Rogers Sportsnet (anyone else already sick of them saying this ALL the time now?).

Huge crowd it looked like at the ACC... not sure if I'll be going to any games here though.

FWIW, I think tomorrow's game vs Ottawa is on the tube as well.

~TB.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smart ass TB

I just saw on the news that the game was in Toronto. I've been painting a bedroom today. The fumes must have got to me.:(

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GOOD EFFORT.....

Watched the raven/rock game on the tube today.That's a tough team to play for your first game in the league, but they'll get better with each game.Too many mental mistakes cost them today.Tomorrow's game against Ottawa is on the tube at 12:30 p.m. on sportsnet.

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Turnout.....

12,000 tickets sold so far for game against T.O. on Dec. 1.It will set a new league record for an expansion team home opener if they sell 550 more.(old record 12,500 in Toronto) Should be a good game, I'm going with a couple of buddies, anyone else going??????:D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh yeah....

As a supporter of violent sports, it is my pleasure to inform you that I will be in attendance with a few drinking buddies as well. Those Raven's are fun to watch in practice. Not a poised as the teams that have been around for a while!
~scwholikeslacrosse:cool:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What time is the game?

If it early I'll go as I'm going to the BC High School Footbal Finals at BC Place.

5btpostingnexttoSCtheonlyotherTRINIonthesite:D

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raven's opener...

Saturday's game starts at 1:30 pm and i think tickets are pretty resonable like 10 or 12 dollars. I love watching hockey but i'll take a lacrosse fight anyday.Any sport that they take their helmets off before they start throwing is a great sport in my book..See ya there. Cheers.........:D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
speaking of peeing....

guys, I was taking the piss about the violence...

although, as I did state, they are fun to watch practice! Do you think this professional team has what it takes to have a following of fans? My guess is, that as long as they keep the ticket sales down, and the beer flowing, they'll be okay.

I just envision things in the stands, a whole bunch of guys (some chicks) that were picked on, or bullied in life, getting reV'd up over a few stick beatings and slashes = brawls in the stands.

Now there is family entertainment!

scwishesallthebestinusingourgreatstadiumforsomethingotherthanhockey&concerts:eek:

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raven's

I don't think that you are going to see "Brawls in the stands", this isn't the old New West Bruin's home games here.If you watched some of the games on the tube, there are a lot of families in the crowd.The guys that i work with are bringing their kids out. I agree that if they keep ticket prices down and can compete each night they will develop a following( the price of beer is also important for some, ME). As far as being competetive, i think they will after a few games in front of the home crowd. I'm pretty sure they'll beat calgary, they lost 32-17 last week to Montreal( two other new teams). But like any other expansion team time will tell......:D

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
no brawls in the stands

if this is the case you can count me out for sure

on second thoughts, if we go out and be drunk and rowdy,
have wifebeaterclad mosh pits against the glass, and
overobnoxiously cheer for #20, we might get jesse to buy us
a few or more rounds:confused:
- just a thought:cool:

surreyladscantwaittoseephillipsthrowlikehesatthemirage:D

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brawlin........

I guess if enough TTPers come out to the game anything is possible, so i guesss never say never.#25 makes the big dough so he should buy the rounds......:D

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Home Opener........

Payed ten dollars from a scalper on saturday to see the raven's game. 16th row in the corner.The seats would have been 75-80 bucks if i was at a nucks game.Great entertainment for your dollar, a couple of scraps and a few big hit's.And to top it off we beat Toronto, and it is ALWAYS nice to beat T.O. at anything.:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New fan

Took my kid last night to the Philly game. We decided to sit front row ($30.00), given you just don't get many opportunities to sit front row at GM place for $30.00 / ticket. If you do go, perhaps sit 6-7 rows up for better overall view of the floor.

Great entertainment!!! I've always thought Lacross was an awesomme and athletic sport. After seeing it live, even more respect. Tough game, lots of skill, lots of fitness. Too bad they lost 18-14, but there were still 8500 fans on hand. Not bad for a Sunday night. Also, very good for young kids. Mine's 2, and was into it the whole time, standing on the seat and cheering. great fun!

Prediction: they'll stick around for sure!:)

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fitness

It's too bad the guys lost it towards the latter part of the game. I was hoping they would come out on top!

I call for a TTP night out at a Ravens' game. Only, who is going to organize that one? How about 5BIGONES a.k.a 'noshow'

~scpleasereadmysignaturejimmy!:eek:

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raven's

If someone organized a TTP night out for a raven's game i'm in.I was at the game last night also. American team's play more skill and fitness than the canadian team's. The canadian team's play more in your face aggresive lacrosse.It took the rock a little while to figure out how to beat the american team's, and the raven's will figure it out too.I definately agree that pro lacrosse is here to stay.
Hey Dude, what would that night have cost you if you were at a canuck's game??? Cheers............:D :D :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
best ticket in town

Gong Show,

Best ticket in town. That game went by fast, and no shortage of exciting plays. We were sitting right in the visitors section, next to the Wings' bench. The chants they were throwing the way of Dwight Maetche (Ravens' goalie) were classic: "It's all your fault!!! It's all your fault!!!" after every goal against. That would be great stuff in Canteburry's Court at the Whitecaps' games.

A Canucks game would have been a fortune. Lets's see: 3 tickets at over $125.00 each at Ice level??? Do the math.

The only complaint I have: $7.50 / pint??? Jesus...maybe me and the kid should have gone to the TTP X-Mas party after-all!

I'd be in for a TTP outting. Problem being that seating in the bowl doesn't really allow conversation...does anyone have access to a box? No KNVB...that isn't an opening for you to slag SC...easy young buck...

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Costly suds.....

I agree, the price of beer at G.M. place is way out of line. The thing that kills me is that the lineups to pay that price is 10-15 people long. Also they brew their own beer on site at G.M. place,so you figure they would give you a brake on the price. I guess they have got to find some way to pay the salaries of those useless tits the canucks....:mad: :mad:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts