Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lack of Footballing Coverage

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd agree with a lot written.

My bet is that probably the biggest problem has more to do with the league(s) themselves not having a media relations person. If I'm not mistaken, Collin Metcalf does a shitload of work for the Caps during the season, bringing attention to the media that cover the stories.

I's be interesting to see something in the form of an opinion from Collin on this. Is he a TTP member, Regs? Anyway to intice him to come out of his closet and post on the issue?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Colin Metcalf was fired by the Whitecaps during the summer :eek:

In any event, I think Alan Douglas is the 'media guy' for them. ( and here's a little interesting tidbit I've heard that is sure to get a reaction for some of the TTP faithful - He's also Bobbaduzzi's ghost writer in his weekly Province column :eek: )

I'm not aware if Metcalf has a TTP account but I do know Alan does. Don't know how active he is in reading here lately though - Hi Alan! :D

A better bet to get someone talking about the league's (VMSL) efforts in this department would be Toze as I think he once served on the board in this very capacity.

Now that I think of it, weren't Azzi's reports sometimes printed last year in the Province when BC Soccer had their weekly feature? Hmmmm...

Cheers,

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Regs
( and here's a little interesting tidbit I've heard that is sure to get a reaction for some of the TTP faithful - He's also Bobbaduzzi's ghost writer in his weekly Province column :eek: )

First the National level "C" Coaching certificate scandel and now the Province column. Is nothing real anymore, next thing I will find out that Saint isn't Fasty's imaginary friend, but a real person.

hos

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
excellent......

Great stuff well written, bravo sixth stud.

The only failing I can see in this article is the fact that all the points are relevant, logical, progressive, and simple to put into effect.

It'll never work.

I just can't see anyone involved in the upper echelons of the VMSL efforting change.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metcalfe

No, Colin doesn't have a TTP account, but he's never at a loss for an opinion. I'll see if I can provoke him into a response on the subject.....:D

stew:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0